All things Dundee FC

Obviously it is very disappointing that we've failed to get to the knockout rounds in arguably the easier group of the draws. 

I'm certainly not calling for Hartley head yet as I still believe he can keep this club around the mid section of the league . Hopefully over the season he can improve the team defensively as we still can't seem to stop leaking goals

Edited by DensParkNumber1

This 'we should aim for stabilisation' is a nonsense. Two seasons is plenty to stabilise your position in the league. Anything other than top six is a failure this season.

The video from last night is absolutely embarrassing. What a disgrace that boy with the booming voice is. Roaring at McGowan while he agrees with him.

If not getting a top 6 is a failure,what teams should we expect to finish above ?

McGowan said nothin wrong ! He was defending Stewart saying that he's our best player n lay off him or we will end up losing him . He was agreein with fans for abuse so no need for fans to have a right go at him

The guy dishing out the abuse was an absolute bell-end!! Went non-stop for the best part of half an hour, pretty much 100% aimed at Stewart.

Just seen the video and seems like it

M(a?)cGowan actually came out of it rather well in fairness, FUCKIN SHITE over and over, fud

Dundee should be beating them but it's hardly that embarrassing or that big a shock ffs, Peterhead are a decent side, reaction a bit OTT.

The boy Kennedy saying that was him arguing with fans in his tweets as well... just seen his article at lunch in the Tully, just looks like an attention seeking fud so it's hardly surprising.

Apparently not being a fan of Hartley means your an Arab, or worse.

Hartley has done a good job, but thats it, lets not think he is great, exceptional, etc because he simply isnt.

Last season, how many draws did we get against ten men, how many games did we fail to achieve what we expected, we didnt compete as we should have. We had a decent season, and for comparisons sake, lets look at Utd, they had a dismal season, we won three games more than them, is that good enough? Hartleys negativity cost us from finishing in the top 6 IMO.

Im not impressed with his signings this season, I hope Im wrong, but two bit part players from ICT and a guy released from Killie, cmon thats not great.

Im not impressed with his signings this season, I hope Im wrong, but two bit part players from ICT and a guy released from Killie, cmon thats not great.

Honestly, who the f**k should we be signing? We are Dundee, a Scottish football club who have only recently properly returned to the top flight after years in the utter doldrums.

After watching the abuse Stewart and afterwards McGowan was getting, I can't help but think that some of our fans shouldn't bother coming back. Can you believe that they'd throw that sort of shite to two of our best players?

It's simply laughable.

I wasnt there last night, but I do agree that a section of Dundee fans just get on the players backs for 90 minutes. Something I have never done.

Its probably the least enjoyable thing about fitba, the constant negativity from the stands. I dont see any harm in stuff on message boards, or pubs, but to boo and jeer players achieves feck all.

1 hour ago, djchapsticks said:

Having seen the video of your fans levelling bile at McGowan last night after the full time whistle and McGowan trying to placate said bile splitters, I'd say you, as a support, have surpassed even us in terms of vitriolic abuse at players representing the club. 

Link?

27 minutes ago, srw said:

Apparently not being a fan of Hartley means your an Arab, or worse.

Hartley has done a good job, but thats it, lets not think he is great, exceptional, etc because he simply isnt.

Last season, how many draws did we get against ten men, how many games did we fail to achieve what we expected, we didnt compete as we should have. We had a decent season, and for comparisons sake, lets look at Utd, they had a dismal season, we won three games more than them, is that good enough? Hartleys negativity cost us from finishing in the top 6 IMO.

As I say time and time again, we should just release Greg Stewart, Scott Bain and Paul McGowan then because they were just players for Cowdenbeath, Alloa and a guy released from St Mirren - Unacceptable, and not good enough IMO.

Liam Kennedy is beginning to appear as a negative influence on our club as well. I get that he has a tough job getting a few stories together every day, and don't expect him to be 100% factual all of the time, but he continually posts articles/airs opinions that have a negative effect on the club. If he was from a national newspaper that's to be expected, but he works for our local paper - so instead of continually posting bile and blatant lies, surely he should be working in conjunction with the club. He did get a free trip and unlimited access to the squad during our trip to Austria FFS.

I am not really worried about the squad. They seem fit and when you analysed each players performance last night, you couldn't actually point to much that they did wrong.

We are still playing in pre-season mode though. Football isn't direct and we're making extra passes to get comfortable on the ball and like it's a training match. That was disastrous last night as it played into the style that Peterhead were happy to play. We only realised we were in trouble with two minutes to go and it was too late then.

I'm pretty pissed off at Hartley for handling that specific match so poorly and not seeing the real danger we were in (think training could have stepped up a bit earlier) but I'm not actually that worried about the season providing we get a defensive target in and Gadzhalov's whereabouts are disclosed (is he on paternity leave?). The new signings all seem to be showing something different than what we've had.

The only position I'm concerned about is right back. I think we'll sign another centre back and be OK there (our defensive record was actually one of the league's best after O'Dea arrived) but think we may leave Kerr as our primary right back. I like Kerr but see him as a wing back and think that he will take a wee while to adjust to the role as his mistakes are amplified a lot more when he's not got an extra body behind him to slot in for cover.  O'Hara could cover there but he's actually looking pretty decent in midfield and I could see the argument for letting him develop there.

Just got to look to Ross County now and hope we start like we did at Killie last season. It'll be tough though if we have a bad run early on as this pish campaign has thrown a lot of pressure on.

I am not really worried about the squad. They seem fit and when you analysed each players performance last night, you couldn't actually point to much that they did wrong.

We are still playing in pre-season mode though. Football isn't direct and we're making extra passes to get comfortable on the ball and like it's a training match. That was disastrous last night as it played into the style that Peterhead were happy to play. We only realised we were in trouble with two minutes to go and it was too late then.

I'm pretty pissed off at Hartley for handling that specific match so poorly and not seeing the real danger we were in (think training could have stepped up a bit earlier) but I'm not actually that worried about the season providing we get a defensive target in and Gadzhalov's whereabouts are disclosed (is he on paternity leave?). The new signings all seem to be showing something different than what we've had.

The only position I'm concerned about is right back. I think we'll sign another centre back and be OK there (our defensive record was actually one of the league's best after O'Dea arrived) but think we may leave Kerr as our primary right back. I like Kerr but see him as a wing back and think that he will take a wee while to adjust to the role as his mistakes are amplified a lot more when he's not got an extra body behind him to slot in for cover.  O'Hara could cover there but he's actually looking pretty decent in midfield and I could see the argument for letting him develop there.

Just got to look to Ross County now and hope we start like we did at Killie last season. It'll be tough though if we have a bad run early on as this pish campaign has thrown a lot of pressure on.

Ideally we would sign a right back and a centre half, or even a right back who can cover at centre half. I really like Kerr and think he has a good future with us but he's young and inexperienced and teams will target him knowing that. Couple that with a lack of real cover from his right winger then it could do him more harm than good being in the team.

Liam Kennedy is beginning to appear as a negative influence on our club as well. I get that he has a tough job getting a few stories together every day, and don't expect him to be 100% factual all of the time, but he continually posts articles/airs opinions that have a negative effect on the club. If he was from a national newspaper that's to be expected, but he works for our local paper - so instead of continually posting bile and blatant lies, surely he should be working in conjunction with the club. He did get a free trip and unlimited access to the squad during our trip to Austria FFS.

Couldn't agree more. He really is terrible. His coverage last night was woeful.

Worth noting for Dundee fans talking about how unsupportive their fans are, that a group of our supporters are currently verging on a meltdown because we've changed our mascot to Brogan the Beagle, and are slating the club for doing so. 

Grown men. Slating the club. For changing its mascot. Who's sole purpose is to appear at children's events.

23 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Worth noting for Dundee fans talking about how unsupportive their fans are, that a group of our supporters are currently verging on a meltdown because we've changed our mascot to Brogan the Beagle, and are slating the club for doing so.

:lol: Football fans are grumpy as f**k.  What was your previous mascot and why the discontent?

Grown men. Slating the club. For changing its mascot. Who's sole purpose is to appear at children's events.

That's actually a modicum of comfort, RG.
Watching, and then reading through the comments on that McGowan video has me pulling my hair out. How can fans be so expectant? Only 1 team can win and often it's not your team. Big deal.
There's so much more to love about football than winning, there really is. If some people can't see that then maybe it's not the hobby for them. They are of no value and certainly no help to the club or team.