All things Dundee FC

3 hours ago, Moo said:

We really need to do something about these seagulls. It was brutal today, hoards of them .

I had a wander round to the shop the other day, and they were swooping around my head and being aggressive, you should be allowed to blast these c***s with a shotgun. IMO.

Hi, thought Dundee fans might be pleased to know that Jimmy Scott stuck the heid on Peter Pawlett today.

The only thing shocking about that post is that it wasn't Jocky.

5 hours ago, Lichtie78 said:

Hi, thought Dundee fans might be pleased to know that Jimmy Scott stuck the heid on Peter Pawlett today.

Great news. Was it a good one? I would like to see footage of this.

Eta: i would like to bring it to the attention of my fellow Dees that Lichtie78 was disgusted at the recent love in on the Arbroath v dabs thread and finished one of his posts with DDYB. Arbroath's top poster.

Edited by Dee Man

Yesterday's performance still highlights a few problem areas for us IMO.

Mitchell for a start fills me with no confidence, maybe his confidence is low with a lack of game time but he doesn't command his box and flaps at most high balls. Glad we have a quality GK in Bain as I believe both goals could have been avoidable with him in the goal.

Cammy still frustrates me. You can see the passion is there and gives his 100% every time but he lacks it physically and positionally. I do think we need another right back in as McGinn offered a lot more than Cammy does. But it's a cheap option if we're going to spend in other areas.

Obviously Hartley has came out and said he's wanting another centre half in. I'd probably agree to keep the other two on their toes but there's Gadz there who's injured at the minute who started to come good end of last year. Where does this leave Matty Allan? Going back out on loan?

O'Hara looked class yesterday and what we lacked last year. Great in the air, physical although he doesn't look it. Great drive on him as well. Looks a find although it's only been two games. Nick Ross has really came onto a game, great in possession and does the easy thing. A better version of Kevin McBride. Once Gowser is back we'll be a lot stronger. More than happy to change and swap McGowan, Ross and O'Hara in they defensive midfield two this season.

Attacking wise we are fine but were needing one more creative midfielder now that Harkins is on the way out. Our bench looked quite weak with Harkins not there. Ok we had Wighton and Williams but that's all.

If we can address they areas by adding another centre half, a right back and a creative midfielder then I think we can make top six this year. The sign are there, just need to perform to a high standard like the second half yesterday.

Still got Nicky Low to come back in as well.

QotS fans seem to think Holt could be heading back to them due to 'personal reason's. Regardless of people's thoughts on Holt I'd be absolutely floored if that was the case.

QotS fans seem to think Holt could be heading back to them due to 'personal reason's. Regardless of people's thoughts on Holt I'd be absolutely floored if that was the case.

I wouldn't. He's not impressed at all.

I wouldn't. He's not impressed at all.

You wouldn't be surprised if we got rid? As I say, regardless of your thoughts on his ability it's extremely unlikely we are looking to offload him.

You wouldn't be surprised if we got rid? As I say, regardless of your thoughts on his ability it's extremely unlikely we are looking to offload him.

Well, putting it like that yeah it would be surprising. I don't think we have enough time to get a replacement considering the other areas of the pitch we need to improve. I wouldn't be sad if he left though.

What's this about Harkins being made to train with your under 21's?

Don't know the full story; so it's really speculation just now. May have been a fallout with Hartley regarding his contract situation, so he's been told he's free to leave. Being made to train with the 21s might be in response to his attitude with the contract he was offered.