All things Dundee FC

No - we should never, ever be expecting 2nd or 3rd, never mind a challenge for it. I think some (Not you Dee62) genuinely believe that's the level we should be at though.

I read comments like 'Kevin Holt is the worst LB we've ever had!' There seems a constant longing for a state of crisis at Dens amongst some fans - do they not remember Netan Sansara or Stuart McCluskey?! I've read topics such as 'Times Up Hartley' after we got beaten by Hearts. The constant calls of 'this wouldn't happen under Bomber' on Mad and 'Hartley's too stubborn to be a good manager' on TDB's has led me to decide this is the only place of sanity.

Bit of a rant - but some of the shite that gets said is beyond belief.

Whilst I'm on my rant - our crowds and atmosphere this season have been poor and whilst many like to blame the board, we've reduced prices this season for an individual game here or there and it had absolutely zero effect on the crowd figure.

FWIW I'm delighted to be at the top table. I think we need to build a strong set of financial results for 3-4 years, make sure we can never again sink to the depths that we hit with the minus 25 points. We could do with using the Saints model as a benchmark (albeit, with bigger economies of scale!) <stands back to see the results of that grenade>

At the same time we should dare to dream that our players can deliver on the pitch on a more consistent basis - if we can murder Partick, Killie and Saints during some matches, why can't we do it more often and to other teams?

Being a dark blue is about hoping for the best but expecting the worst. More of the former and less of he latter please!

Btw, I long ago stopped reading Mad and the rest...far too many numpties!

I dont see what the moaning is about,

We have a striker who scores regularly,

We now have a midfield that is more settled now that saft feet is not coming in and out,

The defence has been pretty solid in recent months, it just needs to settle, like the midfield,

we have one of the best scottish keepers.

We are a good team, with a couple of changes we could be an excellent team. We are not far off it. I am happy with the progress.

Oh, and most importantly we have a stable boardroom for once in my life.

Challenging to be second or third? That's fucking mental. With Hibs and Rangers soon to be back in the premiership this season or next, I doubt we'll ever finish higher than our current highest position of 5th. Perhaps this season with a bit of luck we could finish 4th but I doubt it as we're far too inconsistent.

Challenging to be second or third? That's fucking mental. With Hibs and Rangers soon to be back in the premiership this season or next, I doubt we'll ever finish higher than our current highest position of 5th. Perhaps this season with a bit of luck we could finish 4th but I doubt it as we're far too inconsistent.

I'll give you Rangers, but no way should Dundee fans be assuming/accepting that Hibs will be a better team than Dundee.

I'm realistic enough to accept we'll likely be behind the Old Firm and Aberdeen almost every season and Hearts most seasons.

I've sympathy with the Dee 62 view. The summer midfield signings in particular have been a bit disappointing. Of course Ferry and Thomson have gone but neither Ross or Low has had a great season although I'm not giving up hope on them just yet.

Defence is another area where it's not gelled. McPake injured of course but whilst wholehearted he has the whiff of bombscare about him. Hopefully Julien has more to offer and can stay fit.

When Jocky was manager he regularly deployed GGH wide left and I think it's worth another try. It keeps his creativity in the team. Of course it offers little cover for the LB but he gets fûck all of that anyway and it allows you to play a more energetic disruptive guy in the middle, Low?

I'll give you Rangers, but no way should Dundee fans be assuming/accepting that Hibs will be a better team than Dundee.

I'm realistic enough to accept we'll likely be behind the Old Firm and Aberdeen almost every season and Hearts most seasons.

We should 100% be aiming to be better than Hibs, Hearts, Aberdeen etc - otherwise "WHATS THE FUCKING POINT" but we shouldn't expect it to be a regular occurrence.

Football is not purely driven by budgets but in a league like Scotland it can be a huge advantage and the OF, Edinburgh clubs and Aberdeen have far superior resources.

I guess a decent measure of reality needs to be taken by Dundee supporters. We are progressing under current board and management, not quick enough for some but along the way there will be pitfalls.

I, like many assumed a top 6 finish and yes we did have expectations around cup competitions but guess what, so do all the other teams !

Let's not behave like Sellik and Sevco and assume as a right we can have any of these things.

Last year Keys said we had surpassed expectations, this year we're behind on them. Still at the top table and not scrapping around the bottom. Think the DAB's would swap positions?

I tend to agree with the point made earlier. Another season with the same players, perhaps tweaked with one or two strengthened, Defensive midfielder comes to mind. I'm not about to throw Kevin Holt to the wolves yet either. There's a left back in there and he needs to mature and gain confidence. None of which is easy with poor performances or constant carping from so called supporters.

I guess a decent measure of reality needs to be taken by Dundee supporters. We are progressing under current board and management, not quick enough for some but along the way there will be pitfalls.

I, like many assumed a top 6 finish and yes we did have expectations around cup competitions but guess what, so do all the other teams !

Let's not behave like Sellik and Sevco and assume as a right we can have any of these things.

Last year Keys said we had surpassed expectations, this year we're behind on them. Still at the top table and not scrapping around the bottom. Think the DAB's would swap positions?

I tend to agree with the point made earlier. Another season with the same players, perhaps tweaked with one or two strengthened, Defensive midfielder comes to mind. I'm not about to throw Kevin Holt to the wolves yet either. There's a left back in there and he needs to mature and gain confidence. None of which is easy with poor performances or constant carping from so called supporters.

THIS. Exactly This!

People have a short memory and some fans think we have a divine right to success. Hartley is building a team (and for what it's worth I think we are stronger than we were last year). He has cleared the decks and brought in his own guys but we have to be patient and let him do his job. We have all seen what this group of players are capable of- we can be unplayable or absolutely rotten at times.

On Holt- I totally agree, there is a player in there but he needs support , coaching and most of all time. Yes he has had moments this season where you wonder why he is getting picked but he is a young guy, playing his first season in the top league, I think he will come good!

Football supporters often forget to actually support.

THIS. Exactly This!

People have a short memory and some fans think we have a divine right to success. Hartley is building a team (and for what it's worth I think we are stronger than we were last year). He has cleared the decks and brought in his own guys but we have to be patient and let him do his job. We have all seen what this group of players are capable of- we can be unplayable or absolutely rotten at times.

On Holt- I totally agree, there is a player in there but he needs support , coaching and most of all time. Yes he has had moments this season where you wonder why he is getting picked but he is a young guy, playing his first season in the top league, I think he will come good!

Football supporters often forget to actually support.

I'm not sure we are much stronger. I also don't think that we have a divine right to success, but it would be good to have some every now and then.

This season we have failed to score against Aberdeen, and Celtic, and failed to beat Hearts, ICT, and Ross County.

If we don't take at least 4 points from the next 2 games, I don't see us finishing in top 6.

Of the new signings, Loy, Low, Julen, Arturo, Meggatt have all been dissapointing wether it's been form or injuries.

This Sunday will tell us a lot, about this group, they'd better be up for it.

Happy days. i had a great looking mullet as well, as I laughed and flicked the 'v's at these jambun losers.

I'm of the opinion that we have consolidated our league status this season, and disappointed in the cups by losing to lower league opposition in both. So a bit of a b-/c+ season for me.

I don't think we have a divine right to success, how many times have we finished top 5 even since we won the league last? How many cup finals in that time period? Like most Dees i'd say not enough. Because we have to expect more, or give up.

Still, we're heading in the right direction, unlike our little neighbours.

We're being linked with Paul McGinn now. Not convinced there's anything to it, but is he any good?

Good player although he can't cross a ball. I wouldn't be too disappointed to see him go but I may be in the minority with that opinion.