All things Dundee FC

Just now, Dundee-FC92 said:

Dreadful Bowyer.

Don't care if McGhee scored his performance was insipid - ball control, passing and all round midfield performance was atrocious. 

Cameron was woeful and should've been hooked at half time along with McMullen who should've never started after his final balls at the weekend.

Williamson comes on and creates a goal within five minutes while McGhee and Maguire clog their way about the pitch.

Simply not good enough, we have the squad to win this league but the manager is getting it wrong. Sort it out.

Thank you. 

Jakubiak needs to start with Robinson.  Williamson in midfield and bin either Maguire or McGhee

Seen us take a few 4 and 5 goal hidings over the past couple of years, and I don't think any of them were as hopelessly insipid as that performance tonight.

No idea how Bowyer can't see that playing two central midfielders without an ounce of actual ability between them is totally crippling the team. McGuire drops that deep in possession it's like playing with a third CB, and he's so limited with the ball that he invariably just gives it sideways to Sweeney anyway. Think McGhee's goal on 80 minutes was about the second touch of the ball he had all night. Umpteen times Partick just left Sweeney all alone with the ball on the half way line, and there was 25 yards of empty space in front of him without a single Dundee player in it. 

We're hilariously easy to totally neutralise because there is nobody at all in the middle of the park who can keep the ball or use it. That game was crying out for a McGowan type CM.

Good managers switch formations if they have to - ours seems to stubbornly stick with his even it is clearly not working.

Any team playing us now just needs to do what Morton and Partick did - get in our faces and all we'll do is pass back to lump it up the park.

Edited by DeeTillEhDeh

He either thinks 1 up front is the correct shape and the players are letting him down or he reckons this team cant play 2 up front as the defense and midfield would be under pressure, so 1 up front is trying to cover the cracks. This team is capable of losing to every single team in this league.

We arent catching QP at this rate and teams are queuing up to push us out of the top 4.

The hoofball tonight was something else.

Cammy Kerr oh deary me that was amateur at best. Scary.

Really did look like it was direction from the manager however to miss out the two non footballers in Central midfield and hit Robinson. Remarkable when we had Williamson on the bench.

League isn't over yet - anyone saying so is having a headsgone. Things need to improve though. How about using the formation that served us for 2 months unbeaten (5 3 2) and the midfider who was consistently motm for a start.

Onto Cove.

Thank you.

Edited by Dundee-FC92

9 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Jakubiak needs to start with Robinson.  Williamson in midfield and bin either Maguire or McGhee

Said this before the game RE Maguire and McGhee. 

Like Biggie said before, it’s such and obvious and simple change it’s hilarious that Bowyer can’t see it. McGhee simply has and never will be a midfielder. His positional awareness tonight alongside general lack of quality is astounding. 

12 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Nice guy and all that, but every week it's the same fucking crap. Had enough of it, just my opinion though.

The guy is out of his depth. 

Thank you.

1 minute ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

The hoofball tonight was something else.

Cammy Kerr oh deary me that was amateur at best. Scary.

Really did look like it was direction from the manager however to miss out the two non footballers in Central midfield and hit Robinson. Remarkable when we had Williamson on the bench.

League isn't over yet - anyone saying so is having a headsgone. Things need to improve though. How about using the formation that served us for 2 months unbeaten (5 3 2) and the midfider who was consistently motm for a start.

Onto Cove.

Thank you.

The league may not be over. That is mathematically obvious, but what confidence you have from the last three outings that we will suddenly start to resemble a team put an actual promotion worthy run together? 

Have we actually been top at all this season? Maybe for a swing of a round of fixtures but not a sustained period at the top. 

That team is soft as f**k.

I struggle to remember defending as shit as the second goal McGhee just stops and looks at him. It's a truism that no matter how bad United are doing Dundee will manage to do worse. I was born in 1965 and that has maybe not been true for about 3 years since then

Just now, Pens_Dark said:

The league may not be over. That is mathematically obvious, but what confidence you have from the last three outings that we will suddenly start to resemble a team put an actual promotion worthy run together? 

Have we actually been top at all this season? Maybe for a swing of a round of fixtures but not a sustained period at the top. 

That team is soft as f**k.

Nothing over the last three games but seasons aren't defined over three games. Over the last three months there's plenty to say we have enough to get over the line.

Thank you.

3 minutes ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

Nothing over the last three games but seasons aren't defined over three games. Over the last three months there's plenty to say we have enough to get over the line.

Thank you.

Hope you’re right, but since the turn of the year we have become consistently inconsistent. 

Hitting bad form at exactly the wrong time winning 2, drawing 3 and losing 3. I don’t know how we’re suddenly going to turn that round but I will live in hope. 

On 18/02/2023 at 11:33, Shadow Play said:

Arguably XXXXX we’re at or near their best and we were nowhere close to our best.  

I still think we are the best team in the division and I think that will be proved over the course of the season.

Good point there but instead of a one off-night you seem to be going on a run of them.

Edited by Paisley Ton
Excitement

TBH the season has been one period of about 6-8 games where we were complete and utter shite, an run of about 12 where we looked a class apart, then another run of 6-8 where we went straight back to looking completely inept. It's not typical inconsistency with results bouncing about week-on-week, it's more like we're either complete shite for an extended period, or play really well for an extended period, with no in-between.

I still can't fathom why Bowyer has gone away from 3-5-2/5-3-2, because it was getting results, we weren't leaking goals, and we weren't watching a lone striker end up completely isolated for the entire 90 minutes. It's as if he's always believed football shouldn't be played that way, so he's set about trying to assemble a squad that can play with a back four but we're starting all over again and look like a team struggling to find its identity at the start of a season. There was no real need to f**k about with it because it was working, at least, far more than the 4-1-4-1/4-2-3-1 he's been playing lately.

Edited by Boo Khaki