All things Dundee FC

1 minute ago, wearedarkblue87 said:

Aye my son is going to be the mascot next month against Raith (match will have to be rescheduled for the diddy cup final) but I was £312.

Thats brutal.

1 hour ago, wearedarkblue87 said:

Aye my son is going to be the mascot next month against Raith (match will have to be rescheduled for the diddy cup final) but I was £312.

I'm going to do violence to you.

Edit - Could have bought your son Paul McGowan for that.

Edited by Crawford

36 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Should be free now, that's ridiculous charging you that.

I get paying for the mascot experience. A lot of kids want to do it and making some cash is perfectly fine. £312 however is beyond scandalous. I booked two 3 night stays at Craig Tara this year for 7 people for less than that. 

That's actually made me a little angry. Asking that at any time is contemptible never mind during a cost of living squeeze.

43 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Should be free now, that's ridiculous charging you that.

Agreed mate, I'll never forget the day I was mascot and I want my son to have that experience but it will sadly stop alot of supporters doing it for there children as they can't afford it especially with everything that's going on. I'm mid 30s now and Jim Duffy was the manager at the time I was mascot. I remember sitting in the dressing room and him constantly swearing giving the team talk 😂 my old man always said that George Shaw was great with me that day and I remember hitting shots in to the goal at the shankly end nowadays. Good times and Dundee won 2-0 so even better.

Edited by wearedarkblue87

13 hours ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Best you could hope for in my era when I was that age, was being ball boy, there was maybe about eight of them, f**k knows how they managed to get that prestigious gig.

Thank you.

I remember when the club shop used to be in the Keiller/Forum Centre, there was an ad in the window asking for names for programme sellers and ball boys. Gave my name and number, never heard back from them. 

At least the club would never have such terrible customer service nowadays...

13 hours ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Best you could hope for in my era when I was that age, was being ball boy, there was maybe about eight of them, f**k knows how they managed to get that prestigious gig.

Thank you.

I think it was done through schools. I was bellboy at Tannadice for an u21 game and a Dundee Derby. Right in front of the shed. United won 1-0 (Ferraz) and Nicky Banger rattled the bar. Wee Jim caught me 'celebrating' the latter and he was pretty sound about it.

Jan Telishnikov was the man. Guy couldn't have anymore time for us and made the less accommodating players speak to the kids.

16 hours ago, wearedarkblue87 said:

When I was his age I just had to be a member of the junior dark blues and it was free.

That’s correct my daughter in the junior dark blues and was mascot against Celtic when we won 4-1 , Vince Meenies finest hour , she got got to do it for free and a free choice of home or away strip , sad how things have changed on and off the pitch , we’ll never get free strips and certainly never beat Celtic 4-1 again , oh and we got 3 free tickets for directors box , with free before and half time catering 

5 hours ago, Spikethedee said:

I remember when the club shop used to be in the Keiller/Forum Centre, there was an ad in the window asking for names for programme sellers and ball boys. Gave my name and number, never heard back from them. 

At least the club would never have such terrible customer service nowadays...

Right at the north entrance and opposite the bakers if I remember correctly.  The woman that worked there used to hate anyone calling the south enclosure the derry.  

18 hours ago, Shadow Play said:

Right at the north entrance and opposite the bakers if I remember correctly.  The woman that worked there used to hate anyone calling the south enclosure the derry.  

Yes as you come in the from Albert Square , it was the the first or second shop on the right