All things Dundee FC

31 minutes ago, This Charming Man said:

Hi folks, any more info on this one which I assume to be development squad additions?  

Appears to be three young men on their way north to make their fortune.

Hinckley AFC are 10th level in England, currently operating in Midlands League Division One.

Regards

Sweenie-Rowe and Davies earn deals with Dundee - Hinckley AFC Official

Yeah there's 3 of them I think. Looks like they went through Strachan's academy.

11 hours ago, This Charming Man said:

Hi folks, any more info on this one which I assume to be development squad additions?  

Appears to be three young men on their way north to make their fortune.

Hinckley AFC are 10th level in England, currently operating in Midlands League Division One.

Regards

Sweenie-Rowe and Davies earn deals with Dundee - Hinckley AFC Official

Someone with a very similar hairstyle to Sweenie-Rowe was warming up with the team pre-match on Saturday. I wasn’t sure who it was. 

Things from Saturday worth raising IMO:

Maguire looked slap bang average and no better than Grayson, certainly technically anyway. A couple of good challenges in the second half, but gave the ball away alot in the first half and looked very slow. Not writing him off just pointing out what I thought. Totally understand he isn't completely match fit and don't mind him starting again next week as he hopefully gets more used to game time. 

McCowan showed the real problem with his consistency. On his day he's such a good player but when he starts he more than often contributes very little. It's getting to the point where I'd be offloading him in the summer despite his obvious ability just because we can't have someone who over two years has shown he'll be at it 50% of the time. 

Jakubiak deserves to start on Saturday and needs to perform from the start. My starting team would be:

Legzdins

Kerr Ashcroft Sweeney Clampin

Williamson Maguire

McMullen Cameron Jakubiak

Thomas

A win and we're in a great place. Get one of the postponed matches sorted ASAP (preferably Cove as they're utter pish at the moment). 

Thank you.

45 minutes ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

Maguire looked slap bang average and no better than Grayson, certainly technically anyway. A couple of good challenges in the second half, but gave the ball away alot in the first half and looked very slow. Not writing him off just pointing out what I thought. Totally understand he isn't completely match fit and don't mind him starting again next week as he hopefully gets more used to game time. 

McCowan showed the real problem with his consistency. On his day he's such a good player but when he starts he more than often contributes very little. It's getting to the point where I'd be offloading him in the summer despite his obvious ability just because we can't have someone who over two years has shown he'll be at it 50% of the time. 

Jakubiak deserves to start on Saturday and needs to perform from the start. My starting team would be:

Legzdins

Williamson Maguire

Thomas

A win and we're in a great place. Get one of the postponed matches sorted ASAP (preferably Cove as they're utter pish at the moment). 

Thank you.

Totally agree RE McCowan. You know more often than not that if he starts the game he will be hooked off at some point due to ineffectiveness. 

As you say, his ability to change a game on his own is obvious - Ayr game and Raith game recently are a good example. 

Can't disagree too much with that line up but I would like Fisher starting again in there somewhere.

33 minutes ago, Pens_Dark said:

Can't disagree too much with that line up but I would like Fisher starting again in there somewhere.

Did pretty well but can't see him as a regular starter. We don't have much cover defensively but for his sake I'd rather he went back to Dunfermline to get plenty first team game time in his favoured position. 

2 hours ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

Legzdins

Williamson Maguire

Thomas

Thank you.

Strangely I didn’t think much came off for McCowan, McMullen or Cameron on Saturday.
Also very difficult to drop McGhee who was outstanding in his more advanced role on Saturday. My MOM over 90 minutes. 
Don’t think we should ask too much of young Fisher, his chance will come anyway with injuries and suspensions. 
McQuire was poorer than Grayson’s 2 or 3 decent performances - but better than his half a dozen absolutely shite efforts. Like you not against him starting next game.

so I’d have McGhee in and Cameron out of your team with Mulligan needing to bide his time and learn a lesson. 

5 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

Strangely I didn’t think much came off for McCowan, McMullen or Cameron on Saturday.
Also very difficult to drop McGhee who was outstanding in his more advanced role on Saturday. My MOM over 90 minutes. 
Don’t think we should ask too much of young Fisher, his chance will come anyway with injuries and suspensions. 
McQuire was poorer than Grayson’s 2 or 3 decent performances - but better than his half a dozen absolutely shite efforts. Like you not against him starting next game.

so I’d have McGhee in and Cameron out of your team with Mulligan needing to bide his time and learn a lesson. 

Despite the late promise of Mulligan at the end of last season and very beginning of this season he hasn't been nowhere near good enough. Alot of rumours he won't be signing a new contract in the summer aswell so i'm happy to see him drop out the starting eleven altogher and leave. 

Don't think he has the natural technical ability to play out wide, almost looks clumsy at times unless he's purely using his pace and strength. The only position he's impressed me is through the middle and at the moment Ben WIlliamson is streets ahead. 

Alongside Wiliamson you need a Maguire(hopefully)/Byrne/ type who is a bit more robust. The major improvement on Saturday was playing with pretty much an attacking four with Cameron high (no.10) as opposed to when we stick three out and out CM's in the middle and leave huge gaps to the striker (which happened to Rudden plenty in all fairness to him).

If we manage to get Ben WIlliamson on a permanent contract it'll be the best bit of business in a long time - throw in Rudden out for Robinson and we'll be on course to tear apart this tinpot league.

Thank you. 

Honestly was raging at McGhee for not heading in McCowan's great cross in the 2nd half, he'd got right up on top of it like he did for the goal vs Raith but this time he basically headed it right back in the direction it came from. McGhee ought to be kicking himself for not getting a goal on Saturday, never mind the 3 or 4 great chances he had, but that shows how good a game he had that he was all over the place getting chances. Maybe he is a midfielder? 🤔

Honestly have a feeling that Rudden will still be with us for the rest of the season, which I wouldn't be too disappointed about as I still rate him as a striker and he could still have a place in this team. If we can get him out and Robinson in that'd be great, if we got someone like Shields in that'd be meh (reckon Shields and Rudden are much of a muchness), but I still think he's not one to down tools and pack it in McGinn-style if he's not out by February.

1 hour ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Honestly was raging at McGhee for not heading in McCowan's great cross in the 2nd half, he'd got right up on top of it like he did for the goal vs Raith but this time he basically headed it right back in the direction it came from. McGhee ought to be kicking himself for not getting a goal on Saturday, never mind the 3 or 4 great chances he had, but that shows how good a game he had that he was all over the place getting chances. Maybe he is a midfielder? 🤔

Honestly have a feeling that Rudden will still be with us for the rest of the season, which I wouldn't be too disappointed about as I still rate him as a striker and he could still have a place in this team. If we can get him out and Robinson in that'd be great, if we got someone like Shields in that'd be meh (reckon Shields and Rudden are much of a muchness), but I still think he's not one to down tools and pack it in McGinn-style if he's not out by February.

Agree with all that. 

1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

So we are in for another last day scramble then?

Brilliant.

Signing some Swiss striker on loan apparently. Bowyer knows him from down South. 

Rudden away to St Johnstone on loan as well. 

33 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Signing some Swiss striker on loan apparently. Bowyer knows him from down South. 

Rudden away to St Johnstone on loan as well. 

Rudden isn’t anywhere near as good as we hoped he’d be and not good enough for the prem, that’s for sure. If we had to keep him, he’s another body but I’m pretty happy to see him go.