All things Dundee FC

56 minutes ago, Juantwothree said:

Only signed a new 2 year deal for the currants in the summer so don't know if it's true 

Im sure Rangers have done this with a couple of players, but just insist on a mammoth chunk of any future fee.

13 minutes ago, kevthedee said:

So what do we reckon about this then.

Screenshot_20230127_085343_Samsung Internet.jpg

Fine with this on the basis we would have a striker lined up to come in. Assuming there is obviously stuff going on in the back ground but run a high risk of not finding a replacement so close to the window shutting.

Really not fussed with Rudden. Could be a talent that scores quite a few but needs a midfield and strike partner built round him which he's just not good enough to command so happy for him to go.

14 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Apparently it's so we can try and land Robinson on a permanent deal. If St J had any sense, they'd cut out the middle man and go for Robinson themselves.

I’d be happy with this if true but losing Rudden and Robinson and relying on Sheridan and Jakubiak for the rest of the season would be a disaster. 

7 minutes ago, rhumbaclub said:

Really shows how far standards have slipped when people are getting excited about Zach Robinson possibly returning. Seven goals from 16 games in the worst Championship in living memory. Yeah he's better than what we currently have but that's not saying much.

Goals aren't guaranteed and if he had a better return he simply wouldn't be at Dundee. It isn't as easy as just looking at stats and drawing a conclusion. We were evidently better with him in the team.

If stats were everything then Griffiths would have pissed it for us last season and we'd have stayed up. Unfortunately football isn't played on paper (it's sand nowadays at Dens).

Edit to add - a quick glance shows his goal conversion rate was better than Hemmings in both his stints at Dundee so when exactly did standards slip? 

Edited by Pens_Dark

14 minutes ago, rhumbaclub said:

Really shows how far standards have slipped when people are getting excited about Zach Robinson possibly returning. Seven goals from 16 games in the worst Championship in living memory. Yeah he's better than what we currently have but that's not saying much.

I take it you didn't see him play for us, at this level the guy was great at helping us win, which believe it or not is still the priority in this league. I'd love to know what standards we should have this season if you think Robinson's shite.

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

Apparently it's so we can try and land Robinson on a permanent deal. If St J had any sense, they'd cut out the middle man and go for Robinson themselves.

They can't: the sub appearance he made on returning to Wimbledon means he can only play for Wimbledon or Dundee for the rest of the season.

34 minutes ago, Pens_Dark said:

Goals aren't guaranteed and if he had a better return he simply wouldn't be at Dundee. It isn't as easy as just looking at stats and drawing a conclusion. We were evidently better with him in the team.

If stats were everything then Griffiths would have pissed it for us last season and we'd have stayed up. Unfortunately football isn't played on paper (it's sand nowadays at Dens).

Edit to add - a quick glance shows his goal conversion rate was better than Hemmings in both his stints at Dundee so when exactly did standards slip? 

Majority of Hemmings goals were scored in the Premier league i would imagine? Robinson is playing in a poor championship.

24 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

I take it you didn't see him play for us, at this level the guy was great at helping us win, which believe it or not is still the priority in this league. I'd love to know what standards we should have this season if you think Robinson's shite.

Who said he was shite?