All things Dundee FC

44 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

Fucking quiet in here! 

No money to spend on any Dens Park maintenance @Fifespud, even less it would appear as required in the current transfer window.

Agree with @Crawford recently, surely nearly time for a New Campy update for deflection purposes if nowt else.

Messrs Tim Keyes and John Nelms, unfortunately some of us Dark Blues are actually grown-up adults and CAN read the room.

Maybe DC Thomson "sport journalists" can actually make some "professional" enquiries on our behalf? Instead of relying as usual on P&B for lead article content.  

Regards

b1c0a049de4ace4e8548899b76d5c6f7.gif.e9149a1e885ef524f45c7d3c78e46853.gif

Edited by This Charming Man

11 minutes ago, This Charming Man said:

No money to spend on any Dens Park maintenance @Fifespud, even less it would appear as required in the current transfer window.

Agree with @Crawford recently, surely nearly time for a New Campy update for deflection purposes if nowt else.

Messrs Tim Keyes and John Nelms, unfortunately some of us Dark Blues are actually grown-up adults and CAN read the room.

Maybe DC Thomson "sport journalists" can actually make some "professional" enquiries? 

Regards

b1c0a049de4ace4e8548899b76d5c6f7.gif.e9149a1e885ef524f45c7d3c78e46853.gif

Do you think there's shenanigans going on? I don't know, think they've ploughed too much in to let it go tits up. Think the campy project is a good idea, but they could maybe cut costs and scale back on some of it. 130 million last I heard. WTF?

15 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Do you think there's shenanigans going on? I don't know, think they've ploughed too much in to let it go tits up. Think the campy project is a good idea, but they could maybe cut costs and scale back on some of it. 130 million last I heard. WTF?

That's just it @Bigmouth Strikes Again, figures quoted in the region of £130m. Crikey!!

Yet, we do not possess the finance to sign a proven performer at this lower level such as Simon Murray to change the shape of the season, plus the fact unable to offer a new contract as yet to Paul McMullan, not a favourite of mine, however very popular on P&B for his application.

Honestly have the feeling Jack Ross and the other Hibee sacking reject fucking laughed at Nelms' and Strachan last summer.

Merely my opinion, truly hope I'm wrong.

Regards.

18 minutes ago, This Charming Man said:

That's just it @Bigmouth Strikes Again, figures quoted in the region of £130m. Crikey!!

Yet, we do not possess the finance to sign a proven performer at this lower level such as Simon Murray to change the shape of the season, plus the fact unable to offer a new contract as yet to Paul McMullan, not a favourite of mine, however very popular on P&B for his application.

Honestly have the feeling Jack Ross and the other Hibee sacking reject fucking laughed at Nelms' and Strachan last summer.

Regards.

It’s beginning to feel like the end of the road for the Americans. Maybe they’ve realised that the New Campy project is a dead duck and the hum drum nature of normal operations has lost any sparkle. We seem to be down to the bare minimum in terms of cash. 
I hope we are wrong, maybe a bit of knicker wetting, but this has a bad vibe to it. 

1 hour ago, This Charming Man said:

Regards.

I can ask Jack Ross tomorrow. He is doing a coach education course I'm going on in Philadelphia tomorrow.

58 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

It’s beginning to feel like the end of the road for the Americans. Maybe they’ve realised that the New Campy project is a dead duck and the hum drum nature of normal operations has lost any sparkle. We seem to be down to the bare minimum in terms of cash. 
I hope we are wrong, maybe a bit of knicker wetting, but this has a bad vibe to it. 

Keyes did say 4+ years ago, pre COVID, that he was expecting to see $ by then and he was still throwing money in to fill the gaps.

His main thing was getting the new place built to generate income and spend less on maintenance. COVID + cost of living going up globally won't have hit him too much personally, but projects undoubtedly just got a lot more expensive.

One of the Ross's just pointed out they secured funding in December so maybe it is just knicker wetting to fill the silence.

7 hours ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

This page shows what happens when boredom sets in.

You’d have to admit there seems to be a change. 2 windows where we are fighting the bin men for scraps. 
The late call off is also concerning. They’re all out at Dundee College which won’t help but an engaged CEO would see rain and think ‘let’s get the pitch inspecting early’ . 
On a positive note we don’t have to worry about who is leaving anymore, now Robinson is gone. 

I can't help but feel Bowyer was sold Dundee on false pretenses. He hasn't been backed in the way that he clearly wants up to date and the courier published an article with the title basically saying 'Back him or risk losing him'. That may be complete bollocks and not in Bowyers thoughts...but it may also be true. 

It would be in typical Dundee fashion that we bring in a seasoned manager and don't back him in the transfer market after throwing money at previous rookie managers. 

I'd have thought given the fairly underwhelming window we had in the summer that we would have had targets to get through the door early on in January...instead we have lost our best striker.

Pull the finger out and back our manager ffs!

Edited by Pens_Dark