All things Dundee FC

9 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Tomi isn’t actually lazy either, Ayr fans just expected him to single handedly press an entire defence by himself without a teammate within sixty yards of him. He certainly isn’t a workhorse/iron lung style striker but most definitely isn’t lazy. Play to his strengths and I imagine he will be getting it right up certain Ayr fans, unfortunately. 

Away to accies the defenders could stroke the ball about only 5 yds from him then Ashford came on and changed everything.

Just now, RossBFaeDundee said:

What are his strengths then? We need a physical striker who can bully defenders off the ball and make chances for himself. That's what Robinson provided and what is sorely missing just now.

Did he ever play in a 2 for you guys and if so did he impress in it? Rudden is a workhorse-type and thrives playing off a more physical striker, so if Tomi could fit in that setup.

Funnily enough, I was going to put in my previous post that he would suit playing alongside that style of striker. 

I don’t really remember him playing much in a two - but he will hold the ball up and chuck defenders about. 

8 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Funnily enough, I was going to put in my previous post that he would suit playing alongside that style of striker. 

I don’t really remember him playing much in a two - but he will hold the ball up and chuck defenders about. 

That's a little more encouraging then at least.

17 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

That's a little more encouraging then at least.

It would definitely be a high risk high reward style signing given the last six months or so, but he would be in the top bracket of strikers in this division when on his game. His most notable performances came when ragdolling Mulgrew in the league cup and the entire Kilmarnock back line in a twenty minute cameo off the bench at Rugby Park. 

35 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

After being a journeyman all his career, it seemed like after his stellar season at Ayr that he'd turned a corner. Got a move to a bigger club, more money, longer deal. But he seems to have fucked that up in spectacular fashion. 

Is this Adeloye or Dipo in the future you are talking about? 

52 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

After being a journeyman all his career, it seemed like after his stellar season at Ayr that he'd turned a corner. Got a move to a bigger club, more money, longer deal. But he seems to have fucked that up in spectacular fashion. 

What, by getting a thigh injury that kept him out for 2 months 🥴

2 hours ago, johnnydun said:

We love a lazy c**t at Dens. We give them the most support and encouragement.

Funny thing is even if your taking the P, your totally correct in this, lazy c***s become our fan favourites for reasons I have yet to understand, yet also Don’t care to

3 minutes ago, D TOTAL said:

Funny thing is even if your taking the P, your totally correct in this, lazy c***s become our fan favourites for reasons I have yet to understand, yet also Don’t care to

Sorry, but who?

I always rip into the c***s not giving 100%. I guess that's why I have never moaned about Gowser.

41 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

Greg Stewart?

If anyone could look that man in those spellbinding eyes and say anything other than "just do what you want, mate" then you're a stronger man than I'll ever be.