All things Dundee FC

The club is losing money hand over fist and has been for years. Given that it's written off by the owners, I doubt that extra income gets ringfenced and stuck into a transfer kitty. Happy to be proven wrong if someone knows differently, but it's not like we're breaking even consistently and that extra revenue is just bonus disposable income. Fair enough if the budget is hard coded at the beginning of the year and any unplanned income is actually thrown into the playing budget, but somehow I doubt it.

3 hours ago, Crawford said:

It's been a few months, when are we due our next "this stadium thing is happening" from nelms?

Is it time based or results (loss) based?

Looks like there's been some activity on the Dark Blue Holdings Companies House page from last month, looks like they've secured a charge for a loan from an investor.

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/SC507045/filing-history

10 hours ago, Boo Khaki said:

The club is losing money hand over fist and has been for years

this. I suspect a major reason we haven't started contract negotiations with some players, with others not going to be offered anything regardless, is that they are getting paid way more at Dundee than they would elsewhere.Starting negotiations early with we want to pay you a lot less would just hack them off. Get the impression that the likes of Motherwell get much closer to the balance of quality to cost than we do. The McGinn signing being a classic example

4 hours ago, DieDee said:

this. I suspect a major reason we haven't started contract negotiations with some players, with others not going to be offered anything regardless, is that they are getting paid way more at Dundee than they would elsewhere.Starting negotiations early with we want to pay you a lot less would just hack them off. Get the impression that the likes of Motherwell get much closer to the balance of quality to cost than we do. The McGinn signing being a classic example

I’d imagine it would also be more difficult to negotiate not knowing what league we will be in next season.

Edited by Shadow Play

2 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Source?

Any good?

Mate has a podcast sponsored by Crawley’s owners. It’s a done deal apparently

Did well with no support last season. People thought he was lazy and missed to many chances but we would have been dead and buried without him last season. 

scored goals you wouldn’t expect him to and missed goals you would expect him to score. 

he is massively unfit as he hasn’t kicked a ball this season 

Edited by ryanayr1987

Just now, RossBFaeDundee said:

Thank god we get Tomi only after he was found out 😒

If he is coming here, hope I'm wrong!

Aye doesn't seem to have went how he would have wanted it to go at Swindon.  Hope he's a guaranteed starter for you, if not he will take the huff.