All things Dundee FC

12 hours ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Spot on, think it was a pee pee that Paula stopped for and not a poo poo though.

Thank you.

11 hours ago, Fifespud said:

I’m pretty sure it was a jobby, albeit a watery one.

Nope, definitely stopped for a Gaseous Clay

38 minutes ago, Spikethedee said:

@johnnydun are you starting a match thread for the Falkirk game in the cup section? Don't want to start one and be blamed for ruining the great run we are on since you started the most recent match threads... 😉

No, crack on mate, I think we would be better out of this cup!

Like to see Fin get a start in this one, can't think of anyone to bring in for the defence, maybe give a youth a chance. Think players like McMullan/Williamson/Byrne/McGhee are better off rested for this. Don't see the point in risking injuries to key players.

Edited by Bigmouth Strikes Again

So how about

Sharp

French Ashcroft/McGhee (half each) Sweeney Kerr

McCowan Anderson Cameron Jakubiak

Osei Sheridan

Couldn't bring myself to put McGinn in there, even though getting punted out this cup wouldn't be a bad thing.  Assume Marshall still out, any of the youths worth a shout in defence? 

So how about
Sharp
Osei Sheridan
Couldn't bring myself to put McGinn in there, even though getting punted out this cup wouldn't be a bad thing.  Assume Marshall still out, any of the youths worth a shout in defence? 

Play Jakubiak up front, drop Gillian and put Fin Robertson in midfield.

5 hours ago, DieDee said:

So how about

Sharp

Osei Sheridan

Cameron centre midfield? Hes already getting pushed off the ball too easily out wide never mind smack bang in the middle with another lightweight player in Anderson. That's an horrendous pick. We're on a good run and there's no match for over a week so this has to be used as a continuation of our run with some tweaks. For me:

Lawlor

French McGhee Ashcroft Sweeney Kerr

Grayson Robertson Anderson 

Jakubiak Rudden

Thank you.

Edited by Dundee-FC92

Bowyer backing up McGowan on stv news.

Feel we've missed the rage/experience in the middle, and it could be crucial in the run in.

Get fit soon Gowzer.

Thank you.

eta Want to see what the hair is like as well.

Edited by Bigmouth Strikes Again

3 hours ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

Cameron centre midfield? Hes already getting pushed off the ball too easily out wide never mind smack bang in the middle with another lightweight player in Anderson. That's an horrendous pick. We're on a good run and there's no match for over a week so this has to be used as a continuation of our run with some tweaks. For me:

Lawlor

French McGhee Ashcroft Sweeney Kerr

Grayson Robertson Anderson 

Jakubiak Rudden

Thank you.

Not for me. A back 5 of McGhee, Ashcroft, Sweeney, try Grayson left centrehalf (I know you’ll slaughter me for this but he’s pish in midfield, so let’s see if he can offer us something elsewhere in a position we’re short in) and McCowan so we keep the same shape and give all the guys who haven’t had much game time or not featured at all the opportunity to play on the system that is working so well. 

Rest French after his injury late on in Saturday’s game. 

Ideally I’d change the whole 11 but we have no options at the back due to injuries and loans. 

I’d go 5-4-1 with 3 midfielders pushed high up the park. 

Sharp 

McGhee, Ashcroft, Sweeney, Grayson, McCowan,

Robertson,

Osei, Anderson, Cameron,

Jakubiak  

Not for me. A back 5 of McGhee, Ashcroft, Sweeney, try Grayson left centrehalf (I know you’ll slaughter me for this but he’s pish in midfield, so let’s see if he can offer us something elsewhere in a position we’re short in) and McCowan so we keep the same shape and give all the guys who haven’t had much game time or not featured at all the opportunity to play on the system that is working so well. 

Rest French after his injury late on in Saturday’s game. 

Ideally I’d change the whole 11 but we have no options at the back due to injuries and loans. 

I’d go 5-4-1 with 3 midfielders pushed high up the park. 

Sharp 
McGhee, Ashcroft, Sweeney, Grayson, McCowan,
Robertson,
Osei, Anderson, Cameron,
Jakubiak  

I'd probably prefer to play as strong a team as possible - those that are 100% fit - with the hope of subbing later on if we have the game won.

Williamson, Byrne, French, Robinson, Marshall, McGowan and a few others unnamed with a sickness bug all ruled out for tonight to the point Bowyer is talking about using the youth squad for the bench.

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

Williamson, Byrne, French, Robinson, Marshall, McGowan and a few others unnamed with a sickness bug all ruled out for tonight to the point Bowyer is talking about using the youth squad for the bench.

Atleast bowyer has said "we just need to get on with it" and is not crying about the situation like Billy Dodds is.