All things Dundee FC

1 hour ago, Crawford said:

Can someone remind me what happened last time Legzdins was played? I remember there was a few people had him on boo boy bingo.

Wasn't it distribution or something?

He played a few times after that.

Kicking into the wind at Gayfield. Wanted to play it short but backline were just constantly too slow to react so straight out of play it went. :lol:

He's a liability, we need better, get the fear everytime he goes near the ball.

I agree we need better but he’s been much more assured than I expected, I’m not feeling any fear. Maybe just punch drunk. His distribution is miles better than the other two.

Think our 3 keepers are fine for Championship level. 

Our keepers are probably the one position where they're close to being the best in the league, if not the best.

Certainly wouldn't swap Legzdins for:

David Mitchell, Kyle Gourlay, Callum Ferrie, Ryan Fulton, Derek Gaston, Charlie Albinson, Mark Ridgers or that Brian Schwake.

Jamie MacDonald is probably considered the best in the league since we don't talk up our keepers much.

Lawlor is shite and still gives me the fear what with his mad rush out of the box only to get skinned against Ayr, his refusal to come off his line pretty much all other times and from his performances last season but his distribution has been great so far this season. Certainly don't think he's near the poorest keepers in the league even though I don't rate him.

I'd be using our finances elsewhere for the time being/January and maybe keeping one of Lawlor (if he massively proves himself this season) or Legzdins as back up for next season whilst we send Sharp out on loan.

6 minutes ago, Vernon gilmore said:

Reading the Tully , looks like he’s trying to sign up max , Lyle, josh, and Harry , but no mention of Finn , I’d still like to see Finn be offered a deal , there’s definitely a player in there 

I liked Finn any time I seen him play, looks tidy on the ball etc. I don't think he was given a fair crack of the whip probably since our promotion season and would like to see him given a chance - especially given how suspect our midfield has been over the past couple seasons. It's not as if there are players lightyears ahead of him that he can't challenge.

Crucial to get the rest signed up also. 

On 14/11/2022 at 23:02, Ludo*1 said:

He played a few times after that.

Kicking into the wind at Gayfield. Wanted to play it short but backline were just constantly too slow to react so straight out of play it went. :lol:

There was no wind that day as Bowyer said after the match.

Thank You.

49 minutes ago, Vernon gilmore said:

Reading the Tully , looks like he’s trying to sign up max , Lyle, josh, and Harry , but no mention of Finn , I’d still like to see Finn be offered a deal , there’s definitely a player in there 

He's not played consecutively in our team for years.

What are you basing this on? Being able to trap a ball and pass it comfortably?

Thank you.

29 minutes ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

He's not played consecutively in our team for years.

What are you basing this on? Being able to trap a ball and pass it comfortably?

Thank you.

If we don’t offer him at least a year at the same deal he’s on now , then he can walk away to another club for free , 

I can just this place in another couple of years if he’s then a success at anther club and we let him walk for free 

As I said earlier, would definitely be looking to give Finn game time ahead of Grayson and Williamson. Think he always looked decent whenever I've seen him play. If he got the kind of run that Max got over the last couple of season, think it would see him come on big time.

3 minutes ago, Spikethedee said:

As I said earlier, would definitely be looking to give Finn game time ahead of Grayson and Williamson. Think he always looked decent whenever I've seen him play. If he got the kind of run that Max got over the last couple of season, think it would see him come on big time.

Pretty much this. Not as simple as saying he has not impressed across three managers as one brought him in to the squad in the first place, the other was trying to keep us in the top flight so had to use more 'experienced players' and Bowyer bombed most of the midfielders currently out of the squad with the intention of bringing in his own.

6 hours ago, Spikethedee said:

He played at Stranraer in the cup game and was dire. When was the last game you seen him play where he looked decent? might jog my memory. 

Thank you. 

Anybody have access to either Bowyer's pre-match interview or the Courier article today where Bowyer talks about the potential of Robinson being recalled by Wimbledon? Was just wanting to know what he said about it in regards to how real a possibility it is.

13 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Anybody have access to either Bowyer's pre-match interview or the Courier article today where Bowyer talks about the potential of Robinson being recalled by Wimbledon? Was just wanting to know what he said about it in regards to how real a possibility it is.

Unfortunately he'll probably be happier down south, and wanting to get in the Wimbledon team, would be a big loss. If I were Keyes, I'd be making a six figure bid for the guy from Ayr.

1 minute ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Unfortunately he'll probably be happier down south, and wanting to get in the Wimbledon team, would be a big loss. If I were Keyes, I'd be making a six figure bid for the guy from Ayr.

I genuinely believe Robinson would rather stay up here for the full season as he's in form and enjoying his football at a good level here. The reason I'm wanting to know what Bowyer said is just so I can hopefully use it to reinforce my belief lol.

I'm sure Bowyer will have players in mind for if Robinson does return south, and hopefully we'll have that little extra bit of money to throw around this time.

2 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

I genuinely believe Robinson would rather stay up here for the full season as he's in form and enjoying his football at a good level here. The reason I'm wanting to know what Bowyer said is just so I can hopefully use it to reinforce my belief lol.

I'm sure Bowyer will have players in mind for if Robinson does return south, and hopefully we'll have that little extra bit of money to throw around this time.

Great player for sure, would love to see him sign permanantely.