All things Dundee FC

Hope anyone isn’t affected by that huge fire in the city centre right now. Looks fucking huge.

Think it’s that old furniture shop diagonal from the Howff. Suspect; considering they’ve been desperate to do something with that for years.

Mulligan should’ve done better on a few occasions. Our play deserved another couple of goals. 

I thought second half Mulligan was almost back to his very best, creating panic. Robinson was superb today - he is a real find. First proper striker we’ve had since Kano.
Strangely I thought Cammy and French were average to poor, both caught out a few times in defence.
Great to see Byrne get a warm welcome and to do well. Likewise Williamson had maybe his best game.
Feels magic to win again.

1 hour ago, SweeperDee said:

Hope anyone isn’t affected by that huge fire in the city centre right now. Looks fucking huge.

Think it’s that old furniture shop diagonal from the Howff. Suspect; considering they’ve been desperate to do something with that for years.

Yeah, I believe it's the former Robertson's furniture store. Respectful urban explorers have been uploading visits for quite a while now, so I'd assume it's not overly difficult for some pond life to gain entry and wreak havoc.

Great 3 points today, long may it continue and help change opinions, mine included. 

Regards 

2 hours ago, Fifespud said:

I thought second half Mulligan was almost back to his very best, creating panic. Robinson was superb today - he is a real find. First proper striker we’ve had since Kano.
Strangely I thought Cammy and French were average to poor, both caught out a few times in defence.
Great to see Byrne get a warm welcome and to do well. Likewise Williamson had maybe his best game.
Feels magic to win again.

I wasn’t having a dog at Josh just an observation. Thought French wasn’t up to his usual high standard with his use of the ball today. He didn’t half bollocks up the 3 v 1 in the 1st half. 

Edited by Yenitit

Had the fear when Williamson came on but it was unfounded as he had a fine game. In fact Byrne and he were massive improvements on Grayson and Anderson. Apart from the first 20 minutes Dundee were well on top and it was as a comprehensive 2-0 win as you are likely to see. Onwards and upwards 

1 hour ago, SweeperDee said:

Just been reading about this now. Total shame as it was a bonnie Art Deco style building and I always take the view that preservation/repurposing is the way to go. Don't like seeing things go to waste.

Actually explored the inside a few years ago and found loads of weird/cool shit that I took home with me. Also had to do an impromptu shite in one of the rooms and used a couple of pages from a Billy Connolly autobiography that was in there. It was either that or a book of carpet samples. I thought the big yin would have found it funny.

You'd reckon it'll have been a happy birthday for Josh Mulligan and Finlay Robertson today, reckon Mulligan was dead-set on getting a birthday goal lol, he was very good today I reckon.

Lawlor had a quiet day but made key saves when he had to, happy he got a clean sheet. Quieter and less heralded day for the full-backs, though I thought Kerr and French had good defensive moments and a couple of decent attacking runs/crosses each. Back three pretty solid throughout with McGhee not putting a foot wrong and Sweeney & Ashcroft playing solidly too.

Hard to assess Anderson and Grayson too much but I hope they're both ok. Byrne and Williamson both did well coming on, Byrne was very solid and Williamson having probably his best game yet for us, when he's on form he's a great hassler and gets about everywhere, nvm winning the penalty. McMullan stood out later on running Raith ragged late on, the wee man has bags of energy and I love it.

And then there's Robinson... what can you say? Practically perfect today, dominated from start to finish, unlucky not to get more (that shot off the posts in the 1st half was ridiculous). Best home striker performance at Dens since Hemmings a couple years ago imo. Just hope Wimbledon don't have a clause in the loan deal allowing them to bring him back in January!

Subs all did their jobs, particularly enjoyed Sheridan as he was a pain in the arse for Raith in his short time on, and him just directly kicking the ball off the line as MacDonald was about to take the goal kick was something I enjoyed greatly.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

I thought last weekend that the character and determination shown to turn the game around and get those 3 points could be the turning point for us and I'm really hoping today was a sign of that coming true.

Robinson was tremendous today, I thought our defence was really solid today and McMullan was also a stand out. Only real negative point for me was that Mulligan was a bit meh but he came in to the final 20 minutes or so with some good driving runs.

Haven't been a fan of Williamson so far but credit where credit is due he was pretty good when he came on with a lot of energy and neat passing. 

That's 6 undefeated now since the calamity that was the Cove Rangers game. Chance to continue good form and get a win against Hamilton next weekend. 

I just want us to start a game with as much intensity as we seem to find in the second half.

Sorry to come in on a negative but Mulligan is a greedy wee bassa' and it's going to cost us at one point this season. 

Three occcasions yesterday he could've slipped a player in on goal with a bit of composure as well as the header he stole clean off Robinsons nut. The biggest one i remember this season is Raith away when he could've easily slipped it to McGowan to seal the game but then we went onto nearly lose the three points becasue of it.

SImply not good enough; Mulligan needs to learn it's not all about himself. Contributing assists and with the driving runs he makes he can be a great attribute in the starting eleven. There's much more to a player than goal numbers  - Mulligan can do with being pulled aside and told this. 

Hamilton up next as we look for seven unbeaten and as i've said all along January is closing in. We're in a good position and have stumbled on a formation that works.

That's the DABs rooted to the bottom for over a month as well with their colossal budget. Happy days. 

Thank you. 

Sorry to come in on a negative but Mulligan is a greedy wee bassa' and it's going to cost us at one point this season. 
Three occcasions yesterday he could've slipped a player in on goal with a bit of composure as well as the header he stole clean off Robinsons nut. The biggest one i remember this season is Raith away when he could've easily slipped it to McGowan to seal the game but then we went onto nearly lose the three points becasue of it.
SImply not good enough; Mulligan needs to learn it's not all about himself. Contributing assists and with the driving runs he makes he can be a great attribute in the starting eleven. There's much more to a player than goal numbers  - Mulligan can do with being pulled aside and told this. 
Hamilton up next as we look for seven unbeaten and as i've said all along January is closing in. We're in a good position and have stumbled on a formation that works.
That's the DABs rooted to the bottom for over a month as well with their colossal budget. Happy days. 
Thank you. 

You’re right but it’s not unexpected when you’re young that you have something to learn. Personally I think we have too many players NOT prepared to take responsibility for a shot. It’s all to you, no to you etc. There was one really bad case yesterday imo, the other 2 less so, but still great to see him back to something like himself in the 2nd half.
Also great re the DABS.

5 hours ago, Fifespud said:

You’re right but it’s not unexpected when you’re young that you have something to learn. Personally I think we have too many players NOT prepared to take responsibility for a shot. It’s all to you, no to you etc. There was one really bad case yesterday imo, the other 2 less so, but still great to see him back to something like himself in the 2nd half.
Also great re the DABS.

With our support would you take a shot?

We have some of the most toxic fans in Scotland.