All things Dundee FC

59 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Got them on the coupon.

That's them fucked.

Thank you.

Sid James Laugh on Make a GIF

It’d be nice If Killie and The DABs could finish bottom two end of the season. 

Thank you. 

34 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Think Bowyer's favoured player profile is big and athletic first. Actual ability second (but still decent enough).

Think given time, he'll turn us into a big, nasty, physical team that aren't always easy on the eye.

And I'm all for that. We've always been a wee team that gets bullied or conned by teams that push the rules to the limit. 

Bring it on.

You would have loved this guy. Never bullied.

CvMMlW7W8AAX9mv.thumb.jpg.505842e0583444fc86c9b056fbfebf7a.jpg

Another hero of mine from the same era, as tough as teak they say.

The son of a German POW who then made his home in Scotland after the Second World War.

Recall reading whilst Erich trained outdoors, he was apparently always stripped to the waist, all year round regardless of the weather.

Handsome devil.

33591408_s-l500(2).jpg.2ae5278b325f6fd12fb81a3281cc4544.jpg

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

Think Bowyer's favoured player profile is big and athletic first. Actual ability second (but still decent enough).

Think given time, he'll turn us into a big, nasty, physical team that aren't always easy on the eye.

And I'm all for that. We've always been a wee team that gets bullied or conned by teams that push the rules to the limit. 

Bring it on.

Sorry this is utter nonsense.

Think everyone can agree French is decent on the ball and has decent technical ability, certainly easy on my eyes anyway.

Robinson most definitely has a technical range above anything we have in the entire squad. Once again at Partick he plucked the ball out the air effortlessly - you only have to look at Rudden to know some strikers struggle with that. His talent with the ball at his feet once again on Saturday was easy on my eyes.

As for Grayson people can have a go at his ability and athleticism but his ability on the ball is better than Byrne and McGhee. Technically he's superior to most on the squad.

As for Williamson he looks pish so far but he is technically good and needs to improve in his nasty streak and physicality to make a real impact.

Osei looks big and strong with less ability so can maybe give that one.

Bowyers apparent favourite player profiles description given meeting the criteria of one from five of his first signings. Madness the tripe you read.

Thank you.

Sorry this is utter nonsense.
Think everyone can agree French is decent on the ball and has decent technical ability, certainly easy on my eyes anyway.
Robinson most definitely has a technical range above anything we have in the entire squad. Once again at Partick he plucked the ball out the air effortlessly - you only have to look at Rudden to know some strikers struggle with that. His talent with the ball at his feet once again on Saturday was easy on my eyes.
As for Grayson people can have a go at his ability and athleticism but his ability on the ball is better than Byrne and McGhee. Technically he's superior to most on the squad.
As for Williamson he looks pish so far but he is technically good and needs to improve in his nasty streak and physicality to make a real impact.
Osei looks big and strong with less ability so can maybe give that one.
Bowyers apparent favourite player profiles description given meeting the criteria of one from five of his first signings. Madness the tripe you read.
Thank you.

Given their ages and experience I think Robinson in particular but also French look half decent, but they’re playing in a shitey version of a shitey league, there’s hope but I’m not getting too carried away. He’s not delivered so far, other than here and there but I like Grayson on the ball, I agree, way better than Byrne or McGhee - there’s hope for him. Williamson, not for me, doesn’t look as good as Anderson or Mulligan, if he wasn’t on Rangers books no one would give him a second look. Josh McPake take 2.
I also think the team Bowyer creates, if he’s given the chance, will be bigger and more physical than we’ve previously been, we blooming we’ll need to be too. We’ve had too many lightweights imo.

23 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

We’ve had too many lightweights imo.

I'm not getting this claim from a few posters. Adam, McGowan, Fagan-Wallcott, Byrne, Mulligan, McGhee, Ashcroft, Sweeney, just off the top of my head are hardly lightweights we have had recently.

I'm not getting this claim from a few posters. Adam, McGowan, Fagan-Wallcott, Byrne, Mulligan, McGhee, Ashcroft, Sweeney, just off the top of my head are hardly lightweights we have had recently.

We’re not as bad as we have been, I grant you.

On 09/11/2022 at 17:15, Fifespud said:

I would keep Cammy anyway for the following reasons -
1) he has pace, vital in the league above
2) he’s never injured
3) never gives less than 100%
4) he can cover at least 2 positions
5) I think he’s good enough
6) you need some continuity
7) he’s a model pro
8)it will blow the heads of those who give him dogs abuse - jump on any mistake and continue to cast them up.

f**k me 😂

57 minutes ago, The Derry said:

Like I said in the United match thread, the dude is really not well.  Shame really. 

Got to agree, it is all too easy to take to p**s out of someone who is drunk / unwell.  It says more about the person filming and encouraging the guy than anything else.  

Bowyer saying the only 2 that are ruled out for tomorrow are Paul McGowan & Jordan Marshall. The illness is still floating about but had only impacted some of the coaching staff up to that point on Thursday when he was interviewed.

Any Dees seen the film Schemers? Came across it randomly this week and rather enjoyed it. The story is quite linear as it's based on a true story but was class seeing lots of Dundee cinematically and hear (almost) authentic Dundonian accents in a film (2 of the 3 main actors are from Edinburgh and Glasgow). The boy is a DAB though and you will have to briefly suffer the sight of Gary Bowman's ugly puss.

2 hours ago, RawB93 said:

Any Dees seen the film Schemers? Came across it randomly this week and rather enjoyed it. The story is quite linear as it's based on a true story but was class seeing lots of Dundee cinematically and hear (almost) authentic Dundonian accents in a film (2 of the 3 main actors are from Edinburgh and Glasgow). The boy is a DAB though and you will have to briefly suffer the sight of Gary Bowman's ugly puss.

Great film. 1 of the guys was found dead on railings outside his house in Kensington. Apparently caught up with the Russian mafia and they threw him out his window.