All things Dundee FC

100% Derry’d oot ‘is nut [emoji41]

Barry Smith was a player much like Cammy. Derryed oot his nut, limited in ability, but always gave his all. He had many detractors. As the seasons rolled by he definitely honed his game eventually winning over the entire support, maintaining his position even through the Bonetti madness. Ultimately he is a Dundee legend.

23 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

Barry Smith was a player much like Cammy. Derryed oot his nut, limited in ability, but always gave his all. He had many detractors. As the seasons rolled by he definitely honed his game eventually winning over the entire support, maintaining his position even through the Bonetti madness. Ultimately he is a Dundee legend.

😂

11 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

Why? All true. I reckon you were very young during the Barry Smith playing years. Believe me, he got dog’s abuse from the Derry.

Agree took a while to settle at dens , fans were angry as he was part of the transfer deal for big Morton , and it looked like we were well mugged off as he looked overweight and couldn’t run , 

2 hours ago, Fifespud said:

Why? All true. I reckon you were very young during the Barry Smith playing years. Believe me, he got dog’s abuse from the Derry.

Then you're wrong.

He did get a little bit of a hard time due to the circumstances of him joining ie, the makeweight in the deal for Wieghorst but he was 100x the player Cammy could ever dream of being.

Then you're wrong.
He did get a little bit of a hard time due to the circumstances of him joining ie, the makeweight in the deal for Wieghorst but he was 100x the player Cammy could ever dream of being.

Argh - we’ll need to agree to differ.

3 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Then you're wrong.

I’m not sure I’d agree with that tbh. 

10 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

I’m not sure I’d agree with that tbh. 

I highly doubt Cammy would have kept his place in the Bonetti team.

I also highly doubt that Cammy could play CH or CM like Smith could.

Madness to suggest that Cammy is even in the same ballpark.

Genuinely can't believe this is even a discussion tbh!

7 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Cammy 100% is a better fullback than Smith, the roll Smith was signed for. Ships turn quicker than Barry did. Barry wasn’t good enough in the air to play centrehalf either imo. 

You’re correct that Cammy wouldn’t get a game in Bonnetti’s side but I don’t think Barry should’ve either. Barry was definitely more versatile but none of the 2 of them are getting in a side before the likes of Zura. 

Edited to say Barry is definitely a club legend. Rightly so for what he done for the club during and after administration. Playing ability wise he’s never any where near good enough to be a legend. Again in my honest opinion. 

Edited by Yenitit

9 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Not that I really get this strange debate, but Kerr is better than Smith.

Plus I think Smith comes across as a bit of a dick.

3 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

Cammy 100% is a better fullback than Smith, the roll Smith was signed for. Ships turn quicker than Barry did. Barry wasn’t good enough in the air to play centrehalf either imo. 

You’re correct that Cammy wouldn’t get a game in Bonnetti’s side but I don’t think Barry should’ve either. Barry was definitely more versatile but none of the 2 of them are getting in a side before the likes of Zura. 

That blows my mind tbh.

I disagree with pretty much all of that other than Smith not getting ahead of Zurab.

Fair enough though. Will leave it there.

Just now, johnnydun said:

Plus I think Smith comes across as a bit of a dick.

What relevance does that have? Think you're letting your personal opinion of the guy cloud your judgement.

1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

What relevance does that have? Think you're letting your personal opinion of the guy cloud your judgement.

OK no relevance, Smith could save kittens from trees but still doesn't change my opinion that he wasn't as good as Kerr is.

Stepping away from this Cammy Kerr debate...

Bowyer really needs to learn from his mistakes in the first half on Saturday - he did at half time mind you bringing on three players that went on to make a massive difference.

In my opinion Anderson needs to start consistently. I'd actually not mind him alongside Grayson with his ability being in getting the ball in and passing off. A midfielder with energy is going to be vital to any success we have this season and Anderson fits the bill. 

Is Osei an out and out striker? From what I seen on Saturday he isn't and I don't want to be too judging of a single game because by and large the whole team were garbage in the first half but the difference with Robinson and his hold up play was palpable. 

I think this will be a turning point in our season. We have been desperate to see some real determination and character from the team and we certainly got that on Saturday.

Edited to say Barry is definitely a club legend. Rightly so for what he done for the club during and after administration. Playing ability wise he’s never any where near good enough to be a legend. Again in my honest opinion. 

100% this.