All things Dundee FC

The last time we were promoted with practically the same squad (and with Hearts in the league) at this stage we had:

P:13

W:5

D:5

L: 3

And we proceeded to lose game 14, which ended Dundee 2-3 QotS.

Our GD was: 

Scored: 24

Conceded: 21

Overall: +3

This season:

P: 13

W: 5

D:4 

L: 4

Scored: 21

Conceded: 18

Overall: +3

Eerily similar. Just hope we don't lose on Saturday to continue the familiarity.

On 31/10/2022 at 13:02, Fifespud said:

Cammy is one of those players who will leave us, sign for the likes of St Johnstone, make 300 appearances and retire as a club legend. He’s barely put a foot wrong this season and is a contender for POTS thus far. He lost his man on Friday and the witch-hunt begins. I once saw one of his, supposedly better, replacements make 2 far worse mistakes than this one, in a 5 minute spell. There are far bigger problems in our team.

1) goalkeeper - young Sharp has potential but we don’t have a half decent first choice keeper.
2) left back - Marshall is so so going forwards but is poor at defending. We lose most goals down his side. He needs an upgrade or at the very least competition.
3) centre half - we could do with an experienced, no nonsense CH who knows what he’s doing, knows how to organise others. A Berra type.
4) midfield - a decent manager should be able to get a very decent tune out of our resources in this area. The fact the incumbent isn’t is a big concern.
4) striker - Robinson is young and raw, I like him but it’s too much to ask him to carry the load. Rudden is a fucking appalling footballer, truly dreadful. Most have already made up their minds on Gillian and Jakubiak, I think they could contribute over the season. On a positive I’ve been very impressed Osei from the little I’ve seen. This guys looks a player.
To sum up the priorities are -
1) no nonsense, experienced CH. Not flash, doesn’t make mistakes.
2) decent left back, defends resolutely and is not totally one paced going forward
3) goalkeeper - someone who can kick, make saves, and organise the rabble in front of him.

Cammy wouldn't make the starting line up at a club like St Johnstone for anymore than a few months once his footballing ability was outed. Rooney at St Johnstone was 5x the player Cammy is and a major reason for their success. That's the lengths a good fullback can take you.

Whenever I see fullbacks in the top two divisions in Scotland I genuinely never see a player with as little technical ability than Cammy. That's including the likes of Cove and Arbroath who people like to think we should be giving a hiding whilst applauding the Kerrs of the world for 100% graft.

I've been watching Kerr over his decade at Dens and talk of 'club legend' territory literally saddens me to the core. I've said the same weekly/monthly for the past ten years so this isn't a flash in the pan comment. 

Thank you.

Looks like Robinson is out for Saturday so perfect chance to start Big Osei alongside Sheridan. Both played well in the latter stages on Friday night and with McGowan having been out for the last while with illness/injury he won't be thrown straight back in. The only other option would be Mulligan in there behind the striker.

McCowan must start aswell, Cameron has been very poor out wide on the whole despite several invidual moments of class. He'd be better off in a 10 role IMO. McCowan and McMullen are our best wide options.

Thank you.

42 minutes ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

Cammy wouldn't make the starting line up at a club like St Johnstone for anymore than a few months once his footballing ability was outed. Rooney at St Johnstone was 5x the player Cammy is and a major reason for their success. That's the lengths a good fullback can take you.

Whenever I see fullbacks in the top two divisions in Scotland I genuinely never see a player with as little technical ability than Cammy. That's including the likes of Cove and Arbroath who people like to think we should be giving a hiding whilst applauding the Kerrs of the world for 100% graft.

I've been watching Kerr over his decade at Dens and talk of 'club legend' territory literally saddens me to the core. I've said the same weekly/monthly for the past ten years so this isn't a flash in the pan comment. 

Thank you.

Exactly. Runs about a bit and is a Dundee fan so people stick up for him, he is a dreadful footballer.

Looks like Robinson is out for Saturday so perfect chance to start Big Osei alongside Sheridan. Both played well in the latter stages on Friday night and with McGowan having been out for the last while with illness/injury he won't be thrown straight back in. The only other option would be Mulligan in there behind the striker.
McCowan must start aswell, Cameron has been very poor out wide on the whole despite several invidual moments of class. He'd be better off in a 10 role IMO. McCowan and McMullen are our best wide options.
Thank you.

IMO when McCowan plays well, we play well. Agree re McMullen too but I also think Cameron is a great impact sub, very poor is a tad harsh!
Looking forward to Gowser being available again.
People were cheering when the much criticised Paul
McGinn left. Since then he’s played 120 games in the Scottish Prem and once for Scotland.

33 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

IMO when McCowan plays well, we play well. Agree re McMullen too but I also think Cameron is a great impact sub, very poor is a tad harsh!
Looking forward to Gowser being available again.
People were cheering when the much criticised Paul
McGinn left. Since then he’s played 120 games in the Scottish Prem and once for Scotland.

McGinn was excellent for us and coincided with our best and most successful football of the last decade when Kerr was on the bench. 

For all McIntyres faults he seen straight away Kerr needed dropped; the issue was Horsefield being the replacement.

Christie Elliot looked like he was going to be a decent step forward for a while but drastically regressed. On his game though (mostly in the early parts of his time at Dens) there was absolutely nothing separating Kerr and Christie.

The club will progress when we finally get a right back who can compete in even a bog standard premier league team. I've got no malice towards him but in any usual successful workplace you need to strive for improvement instead of sailing at a steady eddy pishy medium (If we're even at that).

If I was Bowyer I'd be eyeing up the dross who has failed for years, executing them one by one and bringing in fresh new players who aren't attached to crushing defeats and all around shiteness.

All my opinion of course. 

Thank you.

Late to the conversation but better players have been chased out the door for less than Cammy. I get it, he's a Dundee fan and he gives his heart and soul...but it is a position we have been desperate to strengthen for seasons now. 

That being said he is definitely the least of our worries at this current time.

Bomber brown , Paul Hartley , Neil McCann , and James McPake , all 4 with more experience in football than people commenting on here , al, thought Cammy good enough for the first team , the worst manager ever in our history McIntyre didn’t rate him , I honestly don’t get the clammer for Cammy blood on here , okay he’s no Alex hamilton or Bobby  Wilson but he’s no worse than any other right back  in recent times , and I was also reliable informed by someone who works at Tannadice that Robbie Nielsen was trying to get him at United until he got that hearts gig 

That being said he is definitely the least of our worries at this current time.

Total donkeys at centre half, a goalkeeper who can’t save, a left back who can’t defend, and strikers that can’t score. Other than them a new right back is a complete priority.

The biggest change required is in the man, or men who choose the managers and control the infrastructure that supports the managers. Either Nelms et al are utterly shite at picking managers or there is something at our club that stops good men doing their job well, or both.

7 hours ago, Vernon gilmore said:

Bomber brown , Paul Hartley , Neil McCann , and James McPake , all 4 with more experience in football than people commenting on here , al, thought Cammy good enough for the first team , the worst manager ever in our history McIntyre didn’t rate him , I honestly don’t get the clammer for Cammy blood on here , okay he’s no Alex hamilton or Bobby  Wilson but he’s no worse than any other right back  in recent times , and I was also reliable informed by someone who works at Tannadice that Robbie Nielsen was trying to get him at United until he got that hearts gig 

Don't know if you're onto a winner there pointing out McCann, McPake and Bomber thought Cammy was good enough.

Hartley brought in McGinn to be our number one did he not? Kerr was also coming out of contract at the end of the season where McCann left and was given a new contract by McPake after receiving the job due to 'wanting to build a relationship with the fans and players'. Nothing to do with his ability - he was also dropped initially for Christie and Vontae Campbell was drafted in as McPake tried to save himself.

McIntyre is a more successful manager than any of the ones you mentioned. Obviously being a DAB was too much for Dunde fans to take. I'd take an ex dab right back thats for sure over the utterly pathetic Kerr.

That's enough on that matter anyway - Kerr was insipid against The Rangers and Queens Park in recent weeks so will no doubt play well against Partick in his one in six good displays. That'll be him off the radar of shiteness for most. God forbid Marshall has a poor one though.

Thank you.

On 02/11/2022 at 21:14, Juantwothree said:

Anybody going to the managers thing tomorrow?

I was there last night. It was an enjoyable evening albeit that some of the questions were all a bit predictable. Only real complaint (apart fae the flat coke in my rum) was that the managers could have been on stage a bit longer. It was advertised as being up to 11pm, they were off the stage by 10 and the bouncers were asking people to clear the area by 10:15.

Gordon Wallace was in attendance with his wife and daughter. Whilst it was sad to see him in a wheelchair he seemed to enjoy himself and he got a lovely standing ovation from the whole crowd.

21 hours ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

Don't know if you're onto a winner there pointing out McCann, McPake and Bomber thought Cammy was good enough.

Hartley brought in McGinn to be our number one did he not? Kerr was also coming out of contract at the end of the season where McCann left and was given a new contract by McPake after receiving the job due to 'wanting to build a relationship with the fans and players'. Nothing to do with his ability - he was also dropped initially for Christie and Vontae Campbell was drafted in as McPake tried to save himself.

McIntyre is a more successful manager than any of the ones you mentioned. Obviously being a DAB was too much for Dunde fans to take. I'd take an ex dab right back thats for sure over the utterly pathetic Kerr.

That's enough on that matter anyway - Kerr was insipid against The Rangers and Queens Park in recent weeks so will no doubt play well against Partick in his one in six good displays. That'll be him off the radar of shiteness for most. God forbid Marshall has a poor one though.

Thank you.

McIntyre a  more successful manager than those I’ve mentioned? You’re having a laugh , he’s failed at every club he’s been at , brought in the guy horseshit to replace Cammy that worked out really well ? Okay he won a league cup , means frck all , John Hughes, Danny Lennon, Golac at the dabs Stubbs at hibs all won cups and all sh2te managers 

Edited by Vernon gilmore

1 hour ago, Stellaboz said:

McIntyre did well with us until we went up, then was too loyal to the players and got us relegated straight away.

Since then, he's not done much.

Was it not more the case you had a very decent budget in comparison to other teams the season you got promoted?

I genuinely can’t remember for sure but I seem to recall your chairman was pumping in a lot of money into the club  about this time. 

14 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

Was it not more the case you had a very decent budget in comparison to other teams the season you got promoted?

I genuinely can’t remember for sure but I seem to recall your chairman was pumping in a lot of money into the club  about this time. 

Bigger clubs than us (Sevco) have had budgets and spunked it without winning. 

2 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

Bigger clubs than us (Sevco) have had budgets and spunked it without winning. 

McPake going well with you guys? Apart from bringing through a few promising youths, he's left us in a right fucking mess.

Thank you.

2 hours ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

McPake going well with you guys? Apart from bringing through a few promising youths, he's left us in a right fucking mess.

Thank you.

Only one league defeat, can't complain so far. Playing pretty poorly sometimes but inherited a crap squad. Got a losing mentality into a winning one. 

2 hours ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Thank you.

Spot-on @Bigmouth Strikes Again, it will realistically take a minimum of two seasons of educated oversight (which we don't have) to repair the damage from the McPake experiment.

On another subject, regardless of his actual footballing prowess, time to lay off Cammy Kerr, imho. Especially when posters on here still coo for wasters like Glen Kamara who actually stopped playing for us in front of our very collective eyes. Unless I've missed my guess, due to John Nelms' managerial appointments since 2017, we are exactly where we deserve to be, lower half Scottish Championship. 

Cammy Kerr, judging by the standard of most of his colleagues, is the least of our worries.

Regards as always.

1 hour ago, This Charming Man said:

Spot-on @Bigmouth Strikes Again, it will realistically take a minimum of two seasons of educated oversight (which we don't have) to repair the damage from the McPake experiment.

On another subject, regardless of his actual footballing prowess, time to lay off Cammy Kerr, imho. Especially when posters on here still coo for wasters like Glen Kamara who actually stopped playing for us in front of our very collective eyes. Unless I've missed my guess, due to John Nelms' managerial appointments since 2017, we are exactly where we deserve to be, lower half Scottish Championship. 

Cammy Kerr, judging by the standard of most of his colleagues, is the least of our worries.

Regards as always.

Yeah, what can you do? Bin the lot, and keep the youths?