All things Dundee FC

10 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Thought we did well tonight, new boy looks good, French superb again, grab the money and GTF.

Onwards and upwards.

Thank you.

Thought our back four looked really good tonight. Osei looks really strong with a bit of skill.

Hope we can take this effort and performance to the league campaign.

Hope we can take this effort and performance to the league campaign.

Yip. No point putting in a stirring performance holding G Rangers only to lie down to C Rangers. We need that level of concentration and application week in week out and no tombola selections either.

Was happy with the performance - a lot to take from it.

Robinson isolated a lot in the first half but what can you expect going to Ibrox? New boy looked decent...some size and looks to be a pretty powerful runner. 

I thought Lyall Cameron in particular played some really tidy football, French fantastic again and Mulligan in flashes.

Sakala has two blatant kicks out at Cammy and if he seen a red for that it could well have been a different game. You don't get those decisions at Ibrox though...probably even when VAR is introduced.

Mon the fuckin Derry

Thought Cameron, mulligan and Robinson all put in great shifts , French outstanding, new boy looked more than decent, Cammy had a rough time up against Wright in the first half , noticed a huge difference when he went to left back which I definitely feel is his best position , 

9 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Gowser for me although he's not had a game in a while.

Gowser has missed three matches out of eleven altogether. 

Been dragged off in woeful individual and team performances away to Ayr and Cove whilst making one starting league appearance since the Ayr away match. in nearly two months. 

Despite all of this after eleven matches he is our player of the year so far, ahead of the likes of French who's been consistently impressive throughout all the league matches as well as Ibrox last night. 

😂

Thank you. 

Gowser has missed three matches out of eleven altogether. 
Been dragged off in woeful individual and team performances away to Ayr and Cove whilst making one starting league appearance since the Ayr away match. in nearly two months. 
Despite all of this after eleven matches he is our player of the year so far, ahead of the likes of French who's been consistently impressive throughout all the league matches as well as Ibrox last night. 
[emoji23]
Thank you. 

Paul McGowan was your best player in that first half against us, along with Luke McCowan. We ran over the top of your midfield in the second half once he was substituted.

You’re welcome.

2 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Paul McGowan was your best player in that first half against us, along with Luke McCowan. We ran over the top of your midfield in the second half once he was substituted.

You’re welcome.

I take it he quoted me - yet again - despite being on ignore?

Fucking hell that's desperate.

McGowan has been a class act this season.

8 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

You’re welcome.

Luke McCowan went off on the half hour mark injured and the decision to bring on McGhee changed the game in your favour when Mulligan was shoved out wide from central. 

Ayr were well on top since the equaliser went in which was relatively early after a bright opening 10-15 from us. 

Thank you. 

I take it he quoted me - yet again - despite being on ignore?
Fucking hell that's desperate.
McGowan has been a class act this season.

He’s a fucking nuisance of a player in that he presses like a man possessed and has a proper edge to his game. However he is also a good footballer and can actually run a game if he’s allowed to. I didn’t think Ben Dempsey could get near him in that game and I’d rank him as one of the better midfielders in the league, if not one of the best.

59 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

He’s a fucking nuisance of a player in that he presses like a man possessed and has a proper edge to his game. However he is also a good footballer and can actually run a game if he’s allowed to. I didn’t think Ben Dempsey could get near him in that game and I’d rank him as one of the better midfielders in the league, if not one of the best.

I'd agree with all of that.

He's certainly not got the legs like he did a decade ago but continues to lead by example harassing players by pressing (and verbally) all the time. Very rarely loses possession and controls the midfield.

He's really effective when just playing off the striker and a good link up player.

Not sure how interested many of you will be in this, but Sam Fisher has been excellent for us. Started the last 3 games and been rock solid defensively. He’s also good at driving the team forward with the ball. We’ve kept clean sheets in all 3 games as well. Admittedly, not all down to him, our back 3 have all been very good - and we had 5 clean sheets in 8 games before he came into the team. But he has come in and improved an already impressive defence.

Physically, he hasn’t lost a single battle. His positioning has been very good and his timing of the challenge has been great. It’s been noticeable that both Edinburgh at the weekend and Clyde midweek wanted to test him early on, then rarely went down his side at all in the second half after he dealt with everything easily. His ability with the ball has been a great asset. He’ll carry the ball forward and, if needs be, put crosses into the box - his cross forced a Fontaine own goal last weekend.

Its only league 1, so I’m sure Dundee fans will have their concerns about the legitimacy/relevance of these performances. It’s also a very small sample of games and we haven’t seen how he handles mistakes/poor performances that will inevitably come. But I think you’ve got a very good defender on your hands.

50 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

Not sure how interested many of you will be in this, but Sam Fisher has been excellent for us. Started the last 3 games and been rock solid defensively. He’s also good at driving the team forward with the ball. We’ve kept clean sheets in all 3 games as well. Admittedly, not all down to him, our back 3 have all been very good - and we had 5 clean sheets in 8 games before he came into the team. But he has come in and improved an already impressive defence.

Physically, he hasn’t lost a single battle. His positioning has been very good and his timing of the challenge has been great. It’s been noticeable that both Edinburgh at the weekend and Clyde midweek wanted to test him early on, then rarely went down his side at all in the second half after he dealt with everything easily. His ability with the ball has been a great asset. He’ll carry the ball forward and, if needs be, put crosses into the box - his cross forced a Fontaine own goal last weekend.

Its only league 1, so I’m sure Dundee fans will have their concerns about the legitimacy/relevance of these performances. It’s also a very small sample of games and we haven’t seen how he handles mistakes/poor performances that will inevitably come. But I think you’ve got a very good defender on your hands.

Thank you.

I don't get the Mcgowan hate and I never have. Yes he is an ageing player but he is so important to our midfield when he plays bringing energy and demand. He can't last a full 90 any more and I think it is about playing him at the right moments but also getting used to a midfield without him. It is pretty clear to see over the seasons that we haven't had a midfielder that is as vocal and as much of a leader as him (Adam being the exception). 

Enjoy him whilst he's here because when he's gone we will be wishing we had a player with his commitment and work rate.

1 hour ago, CallumPar said:

Sam is an excellent young player. He lacks a bit of height for a central defender which is normally where we play him in the Under 20s or Reserve team. I equate him with the likes of Ricky Little of Arbroath or Barry Smith of Dundee who are/were great defenders, despite not being the tallest.  Enjoy him while he's there.

2 hours ago, CallumPar said:

Should not out on loan , he’s better than Sweeney and McGee , and at least as good as Ashcroft