All things Dundee FC

3 minutes ago, Vernon gilmore said:

If McGinn isn’t gonna play again ? Then we’d be better trying to come to some arrangement pay off and save some money rather than pay him till the end of may 

Yup offer him X amount to go (say 25% of his remaining deal) he gets a wee bump of money and gets to go on his way and sign for someone in a couple months. 

We are in a terrible situation timewise with the window coming up so he can just sit tight on full pay then get a move in January - and I wouldn't blame him if he does. I've no idea where from or if he travels to Dundee to train.

Clearly Bowyer needs bodies out before any in and is hamstrung by Mr McPake's regime.

Bowyer also said the other week that he thinks 'it's a joke when players say they haven't been given a chance as they get a chance every single day in training.'

Genuinely think he's got something about him as a manager even if there's been a few questionable decisions at times. I truly hope this isn't a missed opportunity and he gets punted before he gets the chance to build his squad.

I want him in charge of the cull and I get the feeling he'd be ruthless.

Shared this on the Dee forum yesterday but thought it was worth posting here too:

https://www.thedarkblues.co.uk/uploads/monthly_2022_10/1361708569_Screenshot_20221010_170643_BBCSport.jpg.6a5a4160ac3ae8f298147eca3903779a.jpg

The last collumn is goals per minute on the pitch. Rudden is only behind Anton Dowds & Akinyemi so far. It's a fair showing for someone that looks well off the pace a lot of the time.

There's bound to be a way we can get Robinson & Rudden to work as a partnership as they have completely different styles. Bowyer needs to find it.

Bowyer also said the other week that he thinks 'it's a joke when players say they haven't been given a chance as they get a chance every single day in training.'
Genuinely think he's got something about him as a manager even if there's been a few questionable decisions at times. I truly hope this isn't a missed opportunity and he gets punted before he gets the chance to build his squad.
I want him in charge of the cull and I get the feeling he'd be ruthless.

Christ our mob must be some team at training, particularly Grayson, Williamson, Rudden and Gillian.

McGinn will be going nowhere anytime soon IMHO.  Even if we were to pay 25% of the salary he is due until the end of the season what club is going to come in and offer him anywhere near the other 75%?  I reckon he will sit out the rest of his contract on 100% of his pay.

I said it before and I’ll say it again, McGinn couldn’t believe his luck when McPake came calling offering him a top up to his pension.

McGinn will be going nowhere anytime soon IMHO.  Even if we were to pay 25% of the salary he is due until the end of the season what club is going to come in and offer him anywhere near the other 75%?  I reckon he will sit out the rest of his contract on 100% of his pay.
I said it before and I’ll say it again, McGinn couldn’t believe his luck when McPake came calling offering him a top up to his pension.
I get that a player might not be part of a manager's plans.

However, if they can't move him on (and this applies to Byrne as well as McGinn) then we should be utilising them.

I get the distinct impression that Bowyer is cutting off his own nose to spite his own face. Classic example at Ayr when McCowan was injured - McGinn on the bench yet brings on McGhee - we were then crying out for width - yet Bowyer made 4 more subs - none were McGinn and none add width to the team.

1 hour ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

However, if they can't move him on (and this applies to Byrne as well as McGinn) then we should be utilising them.

I get the distinct impression that Bowyer is cutting off his own nose to spite his own face. Classic example at Ayr when McCowan was injured - McGinn on the bench yet brings on McGhee - we were then crying out for width - yet Bowyer made 4 more subs - none were McGinn and none add width to the team.

Totally agree - something along the lines of "he didn't want to leave the club, so he'll have to fight for a place with everyone else, but he can still do a job for us" would have been more appropriate. At his best, would have him over McCowan without a doubt. How often we see his best, however, is another matter.

3 hours ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

I don’t disagree with any of that and I certainly haven’t said anything contrary to that.

It would be very interesting to see their contracts.  If they play x number of games do their wages increase / get an automatic extension etc?  Do they have a bonus for playing games that is in excess of other players and it is something that the club can’t afford / don’t want to pay?

Alternatively it may be that Bowyer simply doesn’t trust / believe in them now.  

There definitely seems to be something that is not adding up.

4 hours ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

I get not playing Mcginn more than I do Byrne because Bowyer, like managers before him stupidly enough, insist on playing Mcghee in centre mid surely a natural midfielder is a better option...we all know the answer to that and it is yes. With Mcginn we have more cover in that area, I guess. I thought his experience would be worthy of a proper place in the squad but we don't know how committed he is in training etc. 

I still stand by my initial impression of Bowyer up to now and that is much like Ludo; he needs to be judged on a team that he builds and the board have not backed him thus far because of previous ridiclous decisions. There are some very strange decisions though in terms of not playing players in their natural positions, sticking with players who let him down constantly and not sticking to a consistent 11. 

This weekend is MASSIVE and I am usually reluctant to put so much meaning on a game so early in the season.

I'd like to know how we can 'utilise' McGinn, when he's shite/not fucking interested, would rather play a youth player than that chunt.

Thank you.

eta would say Byrne deserves a chance.

Edited by Bigmouth Strikes Again

A good manager gets the team to exceed the level that the individual parts appear capable of. I’m not seeing that.
We are a bit like the Tories with Truss, I don’t really think we can jettison another manager after a couple of months so for now he gets to keep rolling the dice but hopefully with less tombola.

Just now, Fifespud said:

A good manager gets the team to exceed the level that the individual parts appear capable of. I’m not seeing that.
We are a bit like the Tories with Truss, I don’t really think we can jettison another manager after a couple of months so for now he gets to keep rolling the dice but hopefully with less tombola.

I could probably count on one hand how many managers in Scotland have the ability to do that without building their own squad tbf.