All things Dundee FC

Just now, johnnydun said:

Folk on Twatter already calling for Bowyer to go. He has 90% of McPake's squad with no real budget to get anyone else in and it will be the same through the January window. 

Fair few shouts at the game too.

In his time at the club Nelms has appointed 5 managers.  None of them were the usual suspects and pretty much none of us  predicted any of them. To his credit he is clearly thinking out of the box.

Unfortunately if he had just stuck to the usual list that most clubs work from one of them would probably have at least done OK.  Nelms seems to think he is some sort of expert when he talks about the large database of managers he has on his computer.  He is clearly bluffing about his knowledge of Scottish football and he has clearly learned little from his time here.

There is no getting away from it but the common denominator in all this mess is Nelms.  Get him, and Strachan for that matter, as far away from any footballing decisions as possible please.

Thank you. 

18 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

He is trying to get a tune from a piano with keys made of dog shite and the only one to get covered in shite is Bowyer.

Yes, there is dog shite around but today was completely on Bowyer. With the wind 2nd half we had, what, 2 decent chances. A central midfield of McGhee and Grayson just don't have the guile. Sheridan was honking but came on 2nd half, why? We score a goal from a winger's cross but he gets hooked to pay a central midfielder in his role. McGowan, who should have been on to direct the play, is sitting on his arse. I could see what Bowyer was trying to achieve at the beginning of the season and thought, as he got to know what the players capabilities, things would gel. What on earth he was trying to achieve today I have no idea, if it were to see who the better battlers would be then aiming for the gutter brought its just reward

No pass marks today. From the keeper’s fucking appalling kicking through the whole team to Gillian up front. Special mention for Rudden, the pace and touch of an elephant. He did score but that can’t disguise how honking he is. Watching the stream I’d forgotten McCowan was on the pitch for the first 35 minutes.
It’s on Nelms first and foremost, and WGS but there’s not any magic coming from the bench. He’s been dealt a bad hand but these guys are full time pro’s and are better than we’re seeing.

Folk on Twatter already calling for Bowyer to go. He has 90% of McPake's squad with no real budget to get anyone else in and it will be the same through the January window. 

I’m beginning to think we’d have more points with Jazzer in charge, Christ that’s concerning.

32 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

He is trying to get a tune from a piano with keys made of dog shite and the only one to get covered in shite is Bowyer.

I didn’t see the game today but I would have thought we have a good enough starting 11 to do better than we have been doing.

I think it was @Ludo*1 who remarked Bowyer seemed a deflated man after the transfer window shut with no new signings.  I have to agree he’s not seemed quite the same.  Did Nelms promise Bowyer more than he can / is willing to deliver?  

2 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

I’m beginning to think we’d have more points with Jazzer in charge, Christ that’s concerning.

I should expect so considering it's still his team tbf.

Charlie Adam covered up a lot of fucking cracks for us over the past couple of seasons.

6 hours ago, lichtgilphead said:

The same Jocky Scott that smashed a great own goal past Thomson Allan at Gayfield in 1972?

http://www.relichtie.plus.com/memorable_matches no 11.htm

Then in 73 mins., came the incident which settled the issue and ensured a win for the lichties. Thomson Allan, in the Dundee goal took a short goal kick to Jocky Scott, and the midfielder without looking up played the ball back. Incredibly the ball went wide of the Dundee custodian, who had came to the edge of his box, and rolled into the net. The joy on the terraces was unbelievable to say the least.

Seen Jocky in my golf club a couple of days ago. He was looking good 

13 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

No pass marks today. From the keeper’s fucking appalling kicking through the whole team to Gillian up front. Special mention for Rudden, the pace and touch of an elephant. He did score but that can’t disguise how honking he is. Watching the stream I’d forgotten McCowan was on the pitch for the first 35 minutes.
It’s on Nelms first and foremost, and WGS but there’s not any magic coming from the bench. He’s been dealt a bad hand but these guys are full time pro’s and are better than we’re seeing.

Never want to hear moans about sharps kicking again after that today , I appreciate the wind was bad so why did he keep kicking the ball to his right in the first half when it was obvious the wind was gonna take the ball straight out of play , so after today and also his attempt to save that overhead kick on Tuesday night I’m seriously hoping Sharp is back between the sticks on Saturday 

25 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

Green dot for 'Gillian' 😃 

an absolute imposter of a player.

Never want to hear moans about sharps kicking again after that today , I appreciate the wind was bad so why did he keep kicking the ball to his right in the first half when it was obvious the wind was gonna take the ball straight out of play , so after today and also his attempt to save that overhead kick on Tuesday night I’m seriously hoping Sharp is back between the sticks on Saturday 

For me a decent keeper saves Bobbys shot today. Yeah wind behind but it’s 35 yards out. A competent guy just touches round the post, no issue.

According to social media, Legzdins went to clap the fans and give a young fan his cap and one boy started screaming at him saying he was terrible etc. Apparently Legzdins tried to ignore it but the guy started calling him a w****r etc then Legzdins gave him the finger and the rest of the fans started dishing out abuse at him for it.

Also thought the sarcastic 'wheyyy's whenever he played a ball short or kept it in play was piss poor behaviour from our fans today. Certainly wouldn't have improved his battle against the wind.

Yet there are fans saying he should never play for us again on social media. He made a few cracking saves for us today as well. Kicking was horrendous but he's a million miles better than Sharp.

Edited by Ludo*1

According to social media, Legzdins went to clap the fans and give a young fan his cap and one boy started screaming at him saying he was terrible etc. Apparently Legzdins tried to ignore it but the guy started calling him a w****r etc then Legzdins gave him the finger and the rest of the fans started dishing out abuse at him for it.
Also thought the sarcastic 'wheyyy's whenever he played a ball short or kept it in play was piss poor behaviour from our fans today. Certainly wouldn't have improved his battle against the wind.
Yet there are fans saying he should never play for us again on social media. He made a few cracking saves for us today as well. Kicking was horrendous but he's a million miles better than Sharp.

That is as you say, piss poor and he doesn’t deserve that.

He did have 1 decent save today.

Don’t agree he’s miles better than Sharp. Sharp just edges it for me but he still has a lot to learn, he’s young though.

Just now, Fifespud said:

That is as you say, piss poor and he doesn’t deserve that.

He did have 1 decent save today.

Don’t agree he’s miles better than Sharp. Sharp just edges it for me but he still has a lot to learn, he’s young though.

Sharp for me, personally, is not gonna make it. 

I know you're not a Legzdins fan and I am, but I think we can maybe agree that between the two it's not the biggest problem area right now.

Every single player that can be described as a defender that's on our books should be released at the end of the season.

Arbroath have 6 goals this season in 10 games. 3 have been against us!