All things Dundee FC

1 hour ago, Pens_Dark said:

I share much of your concern mate, I really do. I'm just loathed to judge a player before he kicks a ball for us is all. 

In fairness I think that a short-term contract for someone who was a trialist benefits everyone. He has to prove he is worth of a longer term contract and from our point of view it isn't a massive risk. Flip side of that is we hand out big contracts on players like Mcginn and Sheridan who haven't showed value for money.

Fair play.  You are 100% right in your first paragraph.   I’m undoubtedly being overly impatient but I’ve already waited too long and (near enough) all my hope has gone.

I think it was @Yenitit that did a bit of research on Derick and it appears he has  been played more as a winger in the past.  Derick in the Tele today saying “I prefer to play as a number 9”.   Maybe Bowyer sees real potential in him as a number 9.  

35 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

Fair play.  You are 100% right in your first paragraph.   I’m undoubtedly being overly impatient but I’ve already waited too long and (near enough) all my hope has gone.

Yep, my thoughts exactly @Shadow Play and on that thought I hope you enjoyed the concert last weekend my man.

812720515_images(22).jpg.2ff4277a8a755c6169ca63c8ebab2316.jpg

23 minutes ago, This Charming Man said:

Yep, my thoughts exactly @Shadow Play and on that thought I hope you enjoyed the concert last weekend my man.

812720515_images(22).jpg.2ff4277a8a755c6169ca63c8ebab2316.jpg

Amazing concert TCM.  Great crowd and Moz defying the laws of ageing!

The first 11 songs were:  How Soon Is Now, We Hate It When Our Friends Become Successful, Our Frank, Knockabout World, Billy Budd, Last Of The Gang To Die, Sure Enough, The Telephone Rings, Rebel Without Applause, Mr Shankley, I Am Veronica, My Hurling Days Are Done.

I don’t think there has been a better starting 11 since:  Liney, Hamilton, Cox, Seith, Ure, Wishart, Smith, Penman, Cousin, Gilzean and Robertson.

22 hours ago, johnnydun said:

I fully expect Osei to be this season's Hamilton/Chapman.

If we're making these blanket predictions, then I think Osei will be this season's Osman Sow: a player we signed after a trial that nobody was excited by, but will somehow do enough of a job to help us get where we want to be.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

oh for a Jeebsy or a Charlie now.

Thank you.

Classic. They’re not taking the miming very seriously.

If there’s one thing supporting Dundee has taught me down the years, for about as long as you have Biggie, is that when all hope appears lost another hero arrives.

That’s a good result for us tonight and for all he is a complete and utter cunt now, Billy Dodds was once one such hero.

Still only 4 points off the summit with a less than 50% points return, what an absolute embarrassment of a league!

Anything less than a comprehensive three points tomorrow is completely unacceptable imho, no disrespect to Arbroath intended.

Maybe worth having the resident garden gnome contact Jocky Scott to give the pre-game team-talk.

There again, probably not a good idea to have tears flowing before the game, lol.

Regards

5888d05075d82-e1485362733316.thumb.jpg.5a9ab52964242788a82671687b5e25c4.jpg

13 hours ago, This Charming Man said:

Maybe worth having the resident garden gnome contact Jocky Scott to give the pre-game team-talk.

There again, probably not a good idea to have tears flowing before the game, lol.

Regards

5888d05075d82-e1485362733316.thumb.jpg.5a9ab52964242788a82671687b5e25c4.jpg

The same Jocky Scott that smashed a great own goal past Thomson Allan at Gayfield in 1972?

http://www.relichtie.plus.com/memorable_matches no 11.htm

Then in 73 mins., came the incident which settled the issue and ensured a win for the lichties. Thomson Allan, in the Dundee goal took a short goal kick to Jocky Scott, and the midfielder without looking up played the ball back. Incredibly the ball went wide of the Dundee custodian, who had came to the edge of his box, and rolled into the net. The joy on the terraces was unbelievable to say the least.

The same Jocky Scott that smashed a great own goal past Thomson Allan at Gayfield in 1972?
Then in 73 mins., came the incident which settled the issue and ensured a win for the lichties. Thomson Allan, in the Dundee goal took a short goal kick to Jocky Scott, and the midfielder without looking up played the ball back. Incredibly the ball went wide of the Dundee custodian, who had came to the edge of his box, and rolled into the net. The joy on the terraces was unbelievable to say the least.
Don't you fucking diss the Jockmeister!!

3 hours ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:
5 hours ago, lichtgilphead said:

Don't you fucking diss the Jockmeister!!

Get him back in cherge

Lot of that is on the squad being shite, but some blame on Bowyer for that. Lined us up to try and battle Arbroath but that just played right into their hands. Not instructing the play to be on the deck and actively encouraging the dreadful hoofball battle, not directing the defence to come short after they ignored Legzdins asking, not taking Sheridan off earlier, not putting on football players like McGowan.

Today was worse than Cove for everything except the result.