All things Dundee FC

Just now, Fifespud said:

Out of the 3 right sided wide players we have, from what I’ve seen, young Cameron definitely deserves game time. Very direct, more likely to score than nae neck and pretty scary for Championship defences.

TBF to McMullan he is a very positive player and I am yet to see a player beat him for pace, just a pity his final product isn't quite there.

16 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

TBF to McMullan he is a very positive player and I am yet to see a player beat him for pace, just a pity his final product isn't quite there.

It was yesterday to be fair to him. Pretty sure it was Grayson's goal though, wonder if BBC/SPFL updates the scorer of the second goal.

I am very partial to McMullan on the right wing and McCowan on the left, personally.

6 hours ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Me. Absolute nonsense line up yesterday, although thought we looked better when McGowan came on.

Gonna be a long ol season if we go out like this every game. Really no need for it. Could have started Rudden and Cameron instead of Williamson and McGhee.

I really like McMullen too. Cameron could just have a free role behind the striker.

Wonder what Byrne is actually doing, not that I’m calling for his return. Do you reckon we HAVE to play Williamson?

On 17/09/2022 at 19:41, Fifespud said:

Think that’s looking for a scapegoat. Yeah there were decisions that went against us, but there were some shitey decisions in the dugout too.

Yesterday’s ref and Derry side assistant were something special though. 100% the manager fucked up like the Ayr game but that’s largely on the ref yesterday. Some of the fouls he missed were unreal. Too many terrible decisions to type out!

21 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Gonna just say it, but expect pelters, Mulligan hasn't shown anything since possibly the Arbroath game. Been off the boil for weeks. Absolute least of our worries admittedly, but really needing him to take games by the scruff of their neck more than he is.

Excelled in the midfield 3 so we move him out wide!

21 minutes ago, Juantwothree said:

Derrick Osei

If so, just Wiki'd the 24-year-old young man who is apparently a French winger previously on the books of AFC Wimbledon last season, English League Two.

We are fast approaching the arrival of officially being labelled a joke club on so many levels, too many levels to list if I'm honest.

This is a dreadful period for our club, imho.

I'm still a relatively fit 57-year-old centre half/sweeper or emergency right back and will be contacting the club for a trial, at least my mind and attitude will not be in question.

Captained Clepington Primary to the top of the league after all.

Regards

t1j4kA.gif.071309ac8d150e1dbe8d5a7222e47606.gif

If so, just Wiki'd the 24-year-old young man who is apparently a French winger previously on the books of AFC Wimbledon last season, English League Two.
We are fast approaching the arrival of officially being labelled a joke club on so many levels, too many levels to list if I'm honest.
I'm still a relatively fit 57-year-old centre half/sweeper or emergency right back and will be contacting the club for a trial, at least my mind and attitude will not be in question.
Captained Clepington Primary to the top of the league after all.
Regards
t1j4kA.gif.071309ac8d150e1dbe8d5a7222e47606.gif

I wouldn’t disagree with too much of that other than he’s more of a central striker, apparently.

Stick to playing the best players in their best positions, cut out the really basic errors and I think we have enough to win this league.

Zach Robinson is a very decent striker and was punted out on loan by the very same side.

A trialist, that we are having a look at because we're fucked the transfer window is closed isn't indicative of anything FFS.

Edited by Ludo*1

59 minutes ago, This Charming Man said:

I have to disagree with this somewhat.

We are a club sustaining itself financially pretty well in a clear period of transition. I was recently in the facilities at Gardyne and they are excellent. We have 4/5 youth players who have huge potential to really go on and make a name for themselves in the game. The manager (apart from yesterday) has been relatively competent without being the usual Dundee FC minter. After not the greatest start to a season (when do we ever) we still find ourselves only 4 points off top. We are in the 1/4 finals of a cup. A cup that I clearly find half full.

A dreadful period was Melvile and -25 points. This doesn't even come close.

3 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

We are a club sustaining itself financially pretty well in a clear period of transition. I was recently in the facilities at Gardyne and they are excellent. We have 4/5 youth players who have huge potential to really go on and make a name for themselves in the game. The manager (apart from yesterday) has been relatively competent without being the usual Dundee FC minter. After not the greatest start to a season (when do we ever) we still find ourselves only 4 points off top. We are in the 1/4 finals of a cup. A cup that I clearly find half full.

Couldn't agree more. Just the same old shite spewed out from people when we lose a game. 

47 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

43 minutes ago, Juantwothree said:

Couldn't agree more. Just the same old shite spewed out from people when we lose a game. 

Guys, I've already highlighted this weekend we're only 4 points off the top even with only a 10-point return from a possible 21 available.

I've attended Dens Park and followed our beloved club since being a young lad in 1975, with respect that's a lot of games, I can tell you!

If the general consensus, is we are now a mid-table Championship club, fill your boots and enjoy. I for one will never accept that for Dundee FC.

Merely my opinion, whilst fully respecting the opinion of others and their lower expectations.

Regards.

10 hours ago, This Charming Man said:

Guys, I've already highlighted this weekend we're only 4 points off the top even with only a 10-point return from a possible 21 available.

I've attended Dens Park and followed our beloved club since being a young lad in 1975, with respect that's a lot of games, I can tell you!

If the general consensus, is we are now a mid-table Championship club, fill your boots and enjoy. I for one will never accept that for Dundee FC.

Merely my opinion, whilst fully respecting the opinion of others and their lower expectations.

Regards.

Nobody is saying we are a mid-table Championship club, where you are getting this consensus from reading this thread, I have no idea. I don't have lower expectations either. But we have been doing the same thing for years, spending money to get promoted but then making a shambles of it in the Prem because we have offered silly contracts to top Championship level players and players who were decent 10 years ago asking for over inflated wages.

You mention having the likes of Adam and Greg Stewart back, we have to move away from this way of thinking at Dundee of taking back former players or players well past thier best. It doesn't work.

If something doesn't work, why keep doing it?

We need to go for a mixture of youth, some decent loan signings and the best players we currently have on contract to get us out this league (which I fully expect) then build from a fresh next season using the more experienced youths, some decent loan signings and new players to suit.

If we don't, we will just carry on being a Yo-yo.

1 hour ago, Fifespud said:

I don’t think we’ve quite reached joke status but it’s also more than ‘a game’ we’ve lost.

I suppose we have lost 3 games out of how many with Bowyer in charge? 

With Bowyer taking over it was a chance to reset with a new management team and forget about the last few seasons shambles. Hes still using former managers players and trying to get a tune out of a broken piano

Edited by Juantwothree

It does feel like many Dees are ready to sharpen the knives for Bowyer already despite having to use James McPake's squad and him pretty much already admitting publicly that he wanted to rejig the squad.

We've got to rebuild slowly and steadily, and people need to be patient, there is no 'quick fix' for the mess McPake left. We cannot go down the route of throwing silly amounts of money around like the dayglow morons across the road (look where thats got them, ho fucking ho). Been quite happy with Bowyer, apart from his brain fart on Saturday. Robinson and French have been excellent signings.

Thank you.

It does feel like many Dees are ready to sharpen the knives for Bowyer already despite having to use James McPake's squad and him pretty much already admitting publicly that he wanted to rejig the squad.

I’m certainly not at that stage Ludo but there’s an element of revisionism taking place here. We’ve gone from we have a half decent squad hopelessly mismanaged by a clown shoe manager that someone half reasonable could get a tune out of to all the players are shite Bowyer isn’t to blame. We’ve conceded 3 goals against Ayr and both Thistles. That’s a bit concerning and there have been some poor decisions on the park but also in the dugout.
The honeymoon is over, no point crying over no signings, get the best out of what you’ve got please Gaz.