Jump to content

All things Dundee FC


Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Ok, no apparently about it.

Image

f**k sake.

Didn't realise it was that blatant from the Cox and quickly moved on.

No wonder Bowyer is facing a ban.

Referee was horrific. We say that on the regular, but he really was a complete attention seeker.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Ok, no apparently about it.

Image

He needs to be stuck in the pantheon of sporting cheats beside Josh Meekings and Lance Armstrong imo. 

Seriously though, hope Scot Gardiner gets this framed for his desk.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If you’re going to show a still from McKay handballing it you could at least show one with it actually hitting hand and not his shoulder. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

f**k sake.

Didn't realise it was that blatant from the Cox and quickly moved on.

No wonder Bowyer is facing a ban.

Referee was horrific. We say that on the regular, but he really was a complete attention seeker.

Had a great view of it, unbelievable, this was me.

Benny Hill GIFs | Tenor

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Gonna just say it, but expect pelters, Mulligan hasn't shown anything since possibly the Arbroath game. Been off the boil for weeks. Absolute least of our worries admittedly, but really needing him to take games by the scruff of their neck more than he is.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Gonna just say it, but expect pelters, Mulligan hasn't shown anything since possibly the Arbroath game. Been off the boil for weeks. Absolute least of our worries admittedly, but really needing him to take games by the scruff of their neck more than he is.

I think it's cos he's being played more on the wing because there's this thought that he's better up there, but I much preferred him in centre midfield. All of the moments he's had this season that he's been praised for have came from him taking the ball in the middle, turning to face the opponents' goal and storming right at their defence to take them on.

I'd say Niall McGinn should be in his position opposite McMullan, but with how infuriatingly lazy he was throughout his whole appearance I'm not surprised he's been punted down to reserves. Genuinely mental how badly we're missing Luke McCowan.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Legzdins is a quality keeper. I know he had his issues last season but that was because he was injured.

Statistically - he kept more clean sheets for us last season than Bain did in 2 of his 3 seasons at Dens despite only managing 24 of the 38 games.

In fact, it's utterly mental to me that Legzdins is only 7 clean sheets off the TOTAL Bain kept despite playing 79 fewer games.

Legzdins stats back up.

He's not a keeper that's gonna pull off that wonder save and he is gonna drop the odd clanger because he's tried to be dominant in his box. But he is a quality goalkeeper.

It's criminal he's not playing IMO.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, rainbowrising said:

In the space of 7 league games we have conceded 3 to Thistle, 3 to Ayr, 3 to ICT. However, today showed we are the better team and with a couple of tweaks and stop making mistakes we will win the league. Nope.

Aye, and if yer maw had baw's!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Gonna just say it, but expect pelters, Mulligan hasn't shown anything since possibly the Arbroath game. Been off the boil for weeks. Absolute least of our worries admittedly, but really needing him to take games by the scruff of their neck more than he is.

No you’re right Ludo, he has been a shadow of the player we’ve seen previously. Maybe it is because he is being played out of position.
Max Anderson, who was the only light for most of last season is completely out of the picture and a Rangers youngster, a 6th level player from England and a centre half are currently filling their positions.
Bowyer seems like a genuinely decent bloke, comes over really well in the media etc but his managerial record (as I’ve said before) screams mediocrity.
The issues you’ve highlighted, Sweeney etc, are at his door, and he better get things sorted PDQ or things will get nasty for him.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, invergowrie arab said:

Bottom of the league and yous are still a bigger minter

Thank-you 

Every team in the top four leagues of Scottish football have won a game this season… apart from Dundee United. Fair play to youse taking the role of the city’s banter club this season, it’s 100 been entertaining. Pure cinch.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

I think it's cos he's being played more on the wing because there's this thought that he's better up there, but I much preferred him in centre midfield. All of the moments he's had this season that he's been praised for have came from him taking the ball in the middle, turning to face the opponents' goal and storming right at their defence to take them on.

I'd say Niall McGinn should be in his position opposite McMullan, but with how infuriatingly lazy he was throughout his whole appearance I'm not surprised he's been punted down to reserves. Genuinely mental how badly we're missing Luke McCowan.

How long is McCowan out for?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

Anyone starting to have the fear about our manager? Crazy team selection and the double substitution killed us yesterday. 
 

Not happy with the lack of game time that Anderson is getting either. 

Me. Absolute nonsense line up yesterday, although thought we looked better when McGowan came on.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

Anyone starting to have the fear about our manager? Crazy team selection and the double substitution killed us yesterday. 
 

Not happy with the lack of game time that Anderson is getting either. 

From what I’ve seen so far he appears to be a ‘man manager’ type as opposed to being a tactical genius.  Because of that I think he probably wants to show loyalty to his captain.  This is all good and well when everything is ticking along nicely.  Unfortunately Sweeney and Ashcroft are both slow to turn and run.  They simply cannot be played together.  McGhee needs to be in there with one of them (assuming French stays as a full back).  So which one do you drop?  Unfortunately for Sweeney he has had a terrible season so far and needs dropped - for the good of the team and himself.

As for Marshall and Sharp.  The incident that leads to the penalty sums them both up.  Marshall appears oblivious to the ICT player behind him and stops, waiting for the keeper to come for the ball.  What happened to the Sunday League basic rule that as a defender you follow the ball to protect your keeper?  Marshall was 2 yards closer to the ball than the ICT player so could easily have got to the ball.  I was sitting in the section of the main stand nearest the Bobby Cox stand and did not hear Sharp shout either for the ball or for Marshall to clear it.  Indecision like that from a keeper leads to a shaky defence, no matter how good the defenders are.  Sharp then lunges at the ICT player.  Would the player have scored with such a tight angle?  I don’t think so.

Get Marshall, Sweeney and Sharp out the team as an absolute minimum.

On a separate note McGinn is not interested and is just topping up his pension.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...