All things Dundee FC

Just in, where do you start? Team looked good last time out, an attacking threat and solid at the back, so why on earth would you totally change it? Absolute fuckwittery from Bowyer. Never witnessed such incompetence from match officials either, to have a player blatantly punch the ball off the goal line and none of them see it? C'mon to f**k, south enclosure linesman countless offsides that were a mile on, flagging for throw ins when the ball is still in, the guy either can't see anything or he's got a fucking agenda.
Rant over.
Thank you.

My thoughts entirely.

I’d give McGinn his marching orders too, cunto has done f**k all since he arrived.

10 minutes to go get young Cameron on, lifts the crowd, and the team and is very likely to pop one in.

WRT to the not given penalty, the ICT player was literally trying to rub the sting out of his hand - it was so obvious he’d handled it.

That said, we should easily have won that game, and a very important game at that imo.

1 hour ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

I feel hard done by moaning about the manager this early with a squad that largely isn't his, so I won't.

This team is a bunch of losers though, mentality of a league-winning team is nowhere to be found. Losing three out of our first seven, and two of them at home, is abysmal.

Impossible to disagree Ross, imho.

10 points from 21 in arguably the weakest Championship in living memory, yet still only 4 points off the top, lol.

Charlie Adam anyone, we'd piss it again by simply papering over the cracks, this despite some of the fucking idiots at the club, WGS included!

Keep in touch at the sharp end though and the January window is all important. Sign any more Larry Grayson's however and forget about any promotion aspirations completely until yet another change of manager.

Merely my, not overly harsh, honest opinion.

6 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

Think that’s looking for a scapegoat. Yeah there were decisions that went against us, but there were some shitey decisions in the dugout too.

Agree to a certain extent, but referee does his job properly and their down to ten men for 85mins and facing a pen, the seethe and rage that followed totally fucked everything. IMO. and no fucking wonder, players are not robots they are human.

Easy to overreact on days like this. The facts are we were the better side and were beaten because of our own failings in defence (much like Partick on the opening day).

Goal one; Ashcroft has to clear it. A pathetic attempt of clearance ends up with a decent finish which maybe Sharp should be getting.

Goal two; rancid from Marshall and Sharp. It's hard until second viewing to know exactly who's at fault but both definitely should be doing better. Sharps lack of communication is so clear - at times in the second half balls were dropping infront of him and defenders were clearing it because of a lack of a voice behind them.

Goal three Sweeney was pushed off the ball in the built up before a completely static home side gave all the time in the world to pick out a good finish.

Let's get it right here Sweeneys display today was completely unacceptable for the full 90 minutes. He had a hold of an Inverness boys shirt which shouldve been a penalty long before the third went in. He really did look amateur at best today.

As soon as I seen McGhee in midfield I was gutted. Absolute non entity of a player and the part in the first half where he was through on goal and blazed it wide instead of squaring it to McMullen sums up his ability. Grayson was the best out the three but wasn't exactly great while Williamson was completely lightweight.

Mulligan looked so impressive in the middle because of his energy and ability to get into the box when we were attacking. Looks completely lost as a winger. Don't think anyone could disagree that a midfield three of Grayson, Mulligan and McGowan would be so much of an improvement.

Robinson was very good but needed the support that the middle three couldn't give. McMullen had a decent game to be fair to him aswell.

All that considered the fact we were the better team tells us all we need to know about this league. Utter shite. Get the right eleven out Bowyer and we'll go up along with a bit of strengthing in Jan.

Bowyer is still in a learning period and I'm fine with accepting a few errors right now. It soon has to be nailed down that the likes of Sweeney doesn't start and McGhee can't be anything but a CB. Legzdins needs to come in ASAP aswell it's like Bowyer has blindly just went with Sharp until he did indeed cost us points.

Any Inverness fan who thinks they were anything but terrible should have a word with themselves too. Dreadful outfit but enjoy the three points gifted by us.

Onto Hamilton, Cove and Arbroath. Get the right team out and we'll be in a good position come the end of those games.

Calm for now but time to wise up Bowyer.

Thank you.

53 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Bowyer saying it's the worst referee he's ever seen, in his playing and managerial career.

Apparently Billy Mckay blatantly saved the ball with his hand on the goal line, don't remember seeing that but if so then that's something the officials have to see.

Easy to overreact on days like this. The facts are we were the better side and were beaten because of our own failings in defence (much like Partick on the opening day).

Goal one; Ashcroft has to clear it. A pathetic attempt of clearance ends up with a decent finish which maybe Sharp should be getting.

Goal two; rancid from Marshall and Sharp. It's hard until second viewing to know exactly who's at fault but both definitely should be doing better. Sharps lack of communication is so clear - at times in the second half balls were dropping infront of him and defenders were clearing it because of a lack of a voice behind them.

Goal three Sweeney was pushed off the ball in the built up before a completely static home side gave all the time in the world to pick out a good finish.

Let's get it right here Sweeneys display today was completely unacceptable for the full 90 minutes. He had a hold of an Inverness boys shirt which shouldve been a penalty long before the third went in. He really did look amateur at best today.

As soon as I seen McGhee in midfield I was gutted. Absolute non entity of a player and the part in the first half where he was through on goal and blazed it wide instead of squaring it to McMullen sums up his ability. Grayson was the best out the three but wasn't exactly great while Williamson was completely lightweight.

Mulligan looked so impressive in the middle because of his energy and ability to get into the box when we were attacking. Looks completely lost as a winger. Don't think anyone could disagree that a midfield three of Grayson, Mulligan and McGowan would be so much of an improvement.

Robinson was very good but needed the support that the middle three couldn't give. McMullen had a decent game to be fair to him aswell.

All that considered the fact we were the better team tells us all we need to know about this league. Utter shite. Get the right eleven out Bowyer and we'll go up along with a bit of strengthing in Jan.

Bowyer is still in a learning period and I'm fine with accepting a few errors right now. It soon has to be nailed down that the likes of Sweeney doesn't start and McGhee can't be anything but a CB. Legzdins needs to come in ASAP aswell it's like Bowyer has blindly just went with Sharp until he did indeed cost us points.

Any Inverness fan who thinks they were anything but terrible should have a word with themselves too. Dreadful outfit but enjoy the three points gifted by us.

Onto Hamilton, Cove and Arbroath. Get the right team out and we'll be in a good position come the end of those games.

Calm for now but time to wise up Bowyer.

Thank you.

I agree with a fair chunk of that although I’m not sure Grayson was that good either. Robinson is also extremely raw, the guy has something but he’s far from the finished article.
If we could cut out the really basic errors we’d pick up a lot more points. Ah Dundee what a a shower we are.

I'll say it now, if we have half a chance of signing Robinson permanently, we should be biting Wimbledon's hands off. Very raw, but excellent foil and at 20 can body players off the ball. Really like him so far.

I posted this on the Dundee forum, but it is something I'm a wee bit worried about. I still, despite today, genuinely feel we've got our first decent manager in a long time at the club, but because we're Dundee FC, we're bound to f**k it up.

I find it really hard to blame him (today and the other defeats thus far) when he's got a squad he didn't sign, identified players to the board that he wanted that we didn't get and now he's been forced to go ahead with a mix of proven failures, some decent talent for this level and a bunch of youth.

Like everyone else that's posted on here and moreso on TDBF, I can see flaws in Bowyer such as putting Sweeney straight back in the team, dropping McGowan and putting McGhee back in midfield when he's excelled at CH are the more contentious ones that have come out of today and they're not the only ones. That being said, I do feel he's better than what's came before and that he's mainly a victim of circumstance and worry he'll pay for that with this squad tied up for another season!