Jump to content

All things Dundee FC


Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Pens_Dark said:

I just get the feeling that we're going to be massively disappointed later on tonight...

I feel like Bowyers main targets are from down South that he is having trouble convincing to come North of the border.

Even if he does convince them, I imagine they will be from a level that will also massively disappoint.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

TDF suggesting we're in for Craig MacGillivray on loan from Charlton.

Honestly don't see the point in signing a 4th keeper.

Even if we can get Lawlor off the books, I still don't see the point unless we are planning on loaning Sharp out which doesn't seem likely.

Guy has decent pedigree though was in a few Scotland squads. Was PotY for Portsmouth 2 seasons ago and Charlton's first choice last season  but fell down the pecking order now. Still ahead of that Ashley Maynard-Brewer that was at County last season though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Seriously find it hard to believe he is looking for another keeper as a priority over the other areas I and many others have highlighted.

 

Although, it does beg the question of why McPake didn't do the same within 3 weeks of Flapjack's first game for us????

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Spikethedee said:

Seriously find it hard to believe he is looking for another keeper as a priority over the other areas I and many others have highlighted.

 

Although, it does beg the question of why McPake didn't do the same within 3 weeks of Flapjack's first game for us????

Bowyer maybe knows that Lawlor is nowhere near good enough, Legzdins injury is continuing to hamper him and you can't rely on a young keeper over the longevity of a full season; which I totally agree with if that was to be the case.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

TDF suggesting we're in for Craig MacGillivray on loan from Charlton.

Honestly don't see the point in signing a 4th keeper.

Even if we can get Lawlor off the books, I still don't see the point unless we are planning on loaning Sharp out which doesn't seem likely.

Guy has decent pedigree though was in a few Scotland squads. Was PotY for Portsmouth 2 seasons ago and Charlton's first choice last season  but fell down the pecking order now. Still ahead of that Ashley Maynard-Brewer that was at County last season though.

I reckon the English did a Sky Sports and didn't know which Dundee side they were being told wanted MacGillivray, so just put both down. It's United who've got a keeper issue with Birighitti apparently suffering a bad injury (as well as both keepers just being shite), so I think it's just them unless Legzdins is basically packing it in.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/charlton-athletic-player-being-eyed-by-scottish-duo/

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

I reckon the English did a Sky Sports and didn't know which Dundee side they were being told wanted MacGillivray, so just put both down. It's United who've got a keeper issue with Birighitti apparently suffering a bad injury (as well as both keepers just being shite), so I think it's just them unless Legzdins is basically packing it in.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/charlton-athletic-player-being-eyed-by-scottish-duo/

United and Dundee's journalists for the Courier (Temple & Cran) have both put on Twitter that neither club are interested.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

While I'd still play a fit Legzdins I do think Sharp has been playing much better. Defence are now happy to pass back to him and he does come out for through balls. Kicking, while slightly better, and coming for crosses still needs worked upon. With Ashcroft fit the added experience at the back is making me feel a lot more comfortable about the defence as a whole.

Queue losing 3 to QP

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Was hoping to see Fin Robertson out on loan but with Byrne possibly away I can't see it. Disappointed with how little he's featured so far this season though, don't want to see his development stall.

Don't want to see McCowan leave. He's first choice LW.

Have a feeling McGinn and Byrne will still be here come midnight.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, RawB93 said:

Have a feeling McGinn and Byrne will still be here come midnight.

Not convinced McGinn has been completely shunted out like Byrne yet, maybe he's comfortable being the regular bench option.

If Byrne is still in the team by midnight and not away permanently or on loan, Bowyer's fucked it massively imo. Can't unburn that bridge.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Not convinced McGinn has been completely shunted out like Byrne yet, maybe he's comfortable being the regular bench option.

If Byrne is still in the team by midnight and not away permanently or on loan, Bowyer's fucked it massively imo. Can't unburn that bridge.

I don't think Bowyer will have fucked it if he's still here. 

By his account it was a private conversation with Byrne in which he said if an offer came in and it made sense then great but if not he stays here as a squad player. Byrne and his agent have taken the hump at this and leaked it. 

Seems to me Bowyer went about it in a respectful way.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Pens_Dark said:

I don't think Bowyer will have fucked it if he's still here. 

By his account it was a private conversation with Byrne in which he said if an offer came in and it made sense then great but if not he stays here as a squad player. Byrne and his agent have taken the hump at this and leaked it. 

Seems to me Bowyer went about it in a respectful way.

I don't disagree and don't think the current issue is really Bowyer's fault, but if he's not got a chance of playing for us again then having him here until January at the earliest is a disaster, especially if we're wanting bodies in.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I liked hearing stories of players signing from amateur leagues then going on to become icons. Alan Gilzean was signed from Coupar Angus FC for example, so I'd start there. Followed by trial days at Castle Huntly and Perth. 

Boys these days grow up on Nando's and tanning salons and we need to find what's left of that coal mining spirit in the community.

Cloughie would sort them out or a meringue? @This Charming Man 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, RawB93 said:

I liked hearing stories of players signing from amateur leagues then going on to become icons. Alan Gilzean was signed from Coupar Angus FC for example, so I'd start there. Followed by trial days at Castle Huntly and Perth. 

Boys these days grow up on Nando's and tanning salons and we need to find what's left of that coal mining spirit in the community.

Cloughie would sort them out or a meringue? @This Charming Man 

No slouching, stand straight and hands out of your pockets young man.

743507242_images(12).jpg.c3f0726438c0de1369abc9a2a1f99718.jpg

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   1 member

×
×
  • Create New...