All things Dundee FC

1 minute ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:
5 minutes ago, This Charming Man said:
Poor team as we already knew, now supplemented with more poor signings it would appear.
Happy clappy lads can continue to paint a happy picture, however the reality is somewhat very different.
7 points from 15 in the lower tier, less than a 50% return, absolute embarrassment.
Promotion my arse, consolidation the realistic target, waken the f**k up John Nelms.
English lower league failed manager, lovely chap though. Reality check required.
Regards.

You better watch - the happy clappers won't agree.

I'll wager you're one of the 'armchair experts' as well.

One bonus was Sweeney getting sent off , 2 games without has to be good thing , he’s been absolutely minging this season 
He was a bombscare throughout. I don't think Sharp is helping though - the sooner Legdzins is back the better.

You also have to question why he kept McGinn on the bench.

4 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:
8 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:
It's fucking August. Enough of this utter pish.

Even you think the squad isn’t good enough - my worry is that he has seriously underestimated this league and thinks this current bunch can take us up.

The squad is still largely McPake's team.

Bowyer is 5 games into the season with McPake's team. Be performing miracles if we won the league without any nights like these. In fact, be a miracle to win the league with this squad.

Who were your recommendations again!?

Just now, Ludo*1 said:

Bowyer is 5 games into the season with McPake's team. Be performing miracles if we won the league without any nights like these. In fact, be a miracle to win the league with this squad.

Exactly. Good post. 

5 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Should have kept Mark McGhee, he was taking that Dundee team places !

We haven't really been convincing at all in any of the 5 games - defensively we're all over the shop - and we're crying out for someone to control the game in the middle of the park. Up front - Rudden on his own just doesn't work - not necessarily having to play 2 up but perhaps one just off him and the midfield being closer to support. It's also infuriating we have players who can play with width yet persist in lumping it up. Our goal and best chances all came out wide yet we just didn't use the wings enough.

4 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

We haven't really been convincing at all in any of the 5 games - defensively we're all over the shop - and we're crying out for someone to control the game in the middle of the park. Up front - Rudden on his own just doesn't work - not necessarily having to play 2 up but perhaps one just off him and the midfield being closer to support. Its also infuriating we have players who can play with width yet persist in lumping it up. Our goal and best chances all came out wide yet we just didn't use the wings enough.

I don't think, even if we win this league, that we'll do it convincingly.

The league is utter gash, us included.

Can't remember the last team to win this league that could be described as cracking team. Probably Hearts but other than that, can't think of any.

I was dead against the Bowyer appointment but surely we need to give the man a chance?
The centre of defence has been a problem since league game 1. Sure Sweeney was shite tonight, he’s going to be out for at least a couple of weeks so a chance to find out what French is like next to someone else.
I’d also put the Legend in goal although I doubt he’d have saved any of those goals tonight.
Thought the subs tonight were all a bit baffling.
Hey ho, this is what being a Dundee fan is all about.

I was dead against the Bowyer appointment but surely we need to give the man a chance?
The centre of defence has been a problem since league game 1. Sure Sweeney was shite tonight, he’s going to be out for at least a couple of weeks so a chance to find out what French is like next to someone else.
I’d also put the Legend in goal although I doubt he’d have saved any of those goals tonight.
Thought the subs tonight were all a bit baffling.
Hey ho, this is what being a Dundee fan is all about.
Agree about Legdzins - apart from being overall a better keeper it might make the centre-halves more confident.