All things Dundee FC

Apparently looking at Ali Adem, a 22 year old midfielder who plays for FC Shkupi in the Macedonian league.  Recommended by former St. Johnstone goalkeeper, Alan Mannus, who played against him for Shamrock last night. He’s looking for a move to the UK to be closer to family. 

5 hours ago, Vernon gilmore said:

Very defensive set up at home , let them have the ball to much , and will get well and truly pumped in the Netherlands thank you 

4 hours ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

The fruits looked decent, but then again so they should, with the amount of money ploughed in. They'll get found out in the return leg though, so all is well.

Thank you.

Agree they’re likely to go out over the two legs, but thought they played pretty well last night.

Relief to see any Scottish club in Europe not looking like… well, Motherwell…

Agree they’re likely to go out over the two legs, but thought they played pretty well last night.
Relief to see any Scottish club in Europe not looking like… well, Motherwell…

Have to disagree.

The sooner the DABS get humiliated the better imho.

Apparently looking at Ali Adem, a 22 year old midfielder who plays for FC Shkupi in the Macedonian league.  Recommended by former St. Johnstone goalkeeper, Alan Mannus, who played against him for Shamrock last night. He’s looking for a move to the UK to be closer to family. 

I like a bit of the exotic.

Full team fitness news for tomorrow's game and those who've been out long-term:

Ashcroft - Played 60 minutes in the bounce game vs. Motherwell earlier in the week, will be in the squad.

Legzdins - Just completed his 2nd week of full training back from his knee injury, hopefully will be ready soon.

McGhee - Close to a return, he's had a weird achilles issue which he's struggled to shake but Bowyer hopes he's close now.

McGowan - Definitely fully fit and back in for tomorrow's game.

Robertson - Picked up a wee niggle in the bounce game, touch and go for tomorrow.

Sheridan - Apparently fully recovered from his achilles injury, but a groin injury kept him out of the bounce game. Hopefully could be back within the next month.

Williamson - Issue is more of a niggle than a serious injury reoccurrence, touch and go for tomorrow.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

Full team fitness news for tomorrow's game and those who've been out long-term:
Ashcroft - Played 60 minutes in the bounce game vs. Motherwell earlier in the week, will be in the squad.
Legzdins - Just completed his 2nd week of full training back from his knee injury, hopefully will be ready soon.
McGhee - Close to a return, he's had a weird achilles issue which he's struggled to shake but Bowyer hopes he's close now.
McGowan - Definitely fully fit and back in for tomorrow's game.
Robertson - Picked up a wee niggle in the bounce game, touch and go for tomorrow.
Sheridan - Apparently fully recovered from his achilles injury, but a groin injury kept him out of the bounce game. Hopefully could be back within the next month.
Williamson - Issue is more of a niggle than a serious injury reoccurrence, touch and go for tomorrow.

Thanks Ross.

Seems like Gowser swap for Williamson. Possibly new striker in for Jakubiak. Wouldn’t be surprised if McGinn is dropped.

46 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

Thanks Ross.

Seems like Gowser swap for Williamson. Possibly new striker in for Jakubiak. Wouldn’t be surprised if McGinn is dropped.

Anderson simply has to be dropped. Will be really disappointed if he's starting. 

Been off it all pre season aswell. Get Mulligan central with Gowser and Byrne with McCowan and McMullen given the reigns out wide. 

Rudden or the new lad upfront. 

Thank you. 

On 05/08/2022 at 07:29, Fifespud said:

I totally agree with you re the English league in general. That said Livi picked up Nouble from Aldershot (for example) so it can be done.

True but half the work is finding out who's worth scouting. Not even our stats based recruitment picked him up, it was just JET that knew his brother (Frank Nouble) and thought he could do a job for us in the similar role JET played for us. 

Was initially really disappointed with that performance but after it settling you've got to be happy with three points away from home in any Championship game.

Has to be said though, alot of players were miles off it again. Sweeney defended okay but gave the ball away time and time again. Kerr and Marshall were poor and Sharp had his dodgy moments. Fair play to French who was good throughout in all aspects.

As for the rest of the team I couldn't really applaud anyone too much (Byrne and Andrson were slow as f**k again) and despite the cracking finish Mulligan let himself down massively not squaring it for McGowan in the 2nd half. That ends the game as a contest and is maybe a sign of immaturity in his game.

In his brief cameo Robinson looked good to be fair, I'd like to see him start next week.

All in all there's alot of work to be done and it's quite clear why this squad of players were so rotten last season. We got the win though at a difficult place whilst giving Bowyer further time to see what he needs. Onto Arbroath where I'm expecting all three points and hopefully we can show an bit more with the likes of McGowan starting.

Thank you.

Legzdins back will be massive. The whole defence just don't know what to do with Sharp in goal. Not his ability to stop shots but his ability to deal with a simple pass-back has him in total wobbly street, as all at the game today will testify. Out on loan where there is less pressure would do him a world of good. We have to get a back up keeper that is suitable for this level in-case Legzdins is injured again.

I thought we looked better last week, apart from those defensive lapses, though today was on astro so I wont be over-judging on that basis but, yet again, Byrne didn't look up for it and that is too key a position in terms of getting the ball forward for not fully committed players. Playing Arbroath, who are really well organised with plenty experience, will be a real test of where we really are. Our young players will take time to get the consistency over each game and similar to last week I see us getting better as the season goes on,  

On 05/08/2022 at 07:29, Fifespud said:

On 05/08/2022 at 08:16, Vernon gilmore said:

To start I don’t know how to rid of the stuff above 

but my point is I don’t see why Harry should be put out on loan , best shot stopper we have had for years , kicking could definitely improve and I don’t see why It can’t while playing for us and not a league or 2 below , I remember Bobby Geddes first season at dens he couldn’t even kick the ball over the half way line , but by his second season his kicking was excellent , have patience with the guy play him and he’ll end up an absolute brilliant goalie 

23 minutes ago, rhumbaclub said:

Boards affy quiet after a win that gets our season back on track pronto.

I live abroad and no DeeTv for some reason today but sounds like we weren't that great again today?

Apparently no negativity is allowed on our thread, only positive thoughts need apply.

Tell you what though, Jack Ross must have scared the absolute shit out of John Nelms' and Gordon Strachan when interviewed regarding his vision and financial demands.

Again, merely my realistic opinion.