All things Dundee FC

1 hour ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Can't see it happening, a 'has been' that's topping up his pension pot. Would rather a youth got a chance than him.

Definitely agree with that.  Another example of McPake bringing in a big name (on presumably big pay) and hoping for the best without any real consideration as to whether they  would significantly add to the team or prevent players with more potential from developing.

Would love him to prove me wrong though!

2 hours ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Assume McGinn will be one of the highest earners in the team, done f**k all to justify it. IMO. Don't rate the fucker or like him.

1 hour ago, Peadar BigDinnerO'Driscoll said:

Needs to step now at this level, show some guts as a senior pro. Been shite since he joined. Used to always play well against us though 🤔 😠

Must confess I had the fear when James McPake gave Niall McGinn an 18 month contract when the feller couldn't even get into one of the worst Aberdeen sides in living memory.

Yet here we have a 35 year Niall McGinn 'treading water', doing the absolute minimum it would appear and counting the sleeps until next summer.

Whilst taking into account, a 36 year old Charlie Adam couldn't even have the club honour a previously agreed 12 month contract extension.

Shameful, however not surprising, imho.

Mcmullan is incredibly frustrating and has become less effective the longer he has been here but him and Mulligan were practically the only two players that were taking on the ball and trying to make things happen and did so with two assists. 

11 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

I didn't expect that amount of vitriol about McGinn, I certainly don't think he's been as bad for us as others do, I just would like to see McCowan start as I think he rarely has had a bad game for us.

If we are to be successful this season, we need experience like him in the side helping to bring on the likes of Mulligan etc.

Going against the grain here, but I thought McGinn was one of our only decent performers in that first half on Saturday and was really surprised to see him hooked.

This is rare Ludo, twice in a week, but I agree with you!

I agree with the sentiment with Mcginn. We need to lean on experienced players like him and he wasn't necessarily bad on Saturday but him and Marshall combined together left us so open down that left wing. 

I still maintain that he would be best utilised behind the striker now rather than on the wing.

Must confess I had the fear when James McPake gave Niall McGinn an 18 month contract when the feller couldn't even get into one of the worst Aberdeen sides in living memory.
Yet here we have a 35 year Niall McGinn 'treading water', doing the absolute minimum it would appear and counting the sleeps until next summer.
Whilst taking into account, a 36 year old Charlie Adam couldn't even have the club honour a previously agreed 12 month contract extension.
Shameful, however not surprising, imho.

I suspect that those who were funding the deal have decided not to continue funding it. Not really a club decision is what I’m saying. And I think Charlie knows this too.

14 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

I suspect that those who were funding the deal have decided not to continue funding it. Not really a club decision is what I’m saying. And I think Charlie knows this too.

Wouldn't blame them. Should have kept himself in much better shape. Could have made all the difference.

26 minutes ago, Peadar BigDinnerO'Driscoll said:

Wouldn't blame them. Should have kept himself in much better shape. Could have made all the difference.

This. His petulance with the manager only helped amplify the circus around Mcghee and he was more interested in commenting on Rangers than focusing on Dundee come the end. 

Genuinely a delight seeing him in a Dundee top but all good things must end.

Probably in the minority that never really took to Adam. Some game changing performances and undoubtedly got us promoted virtually single handed, but always got the impression he thought he was too big for us and definitely not as affectionate for the club as he claimed. 
He’s better off as a rangers mouth piece than a Dundee player IMO. 

43 minutes ago, RawB93 said:

Probably in the minority that never really took to Adam. Some game changing performances and undoubtedly got us promoted virtually single handed, but always got the impression he thought he was too big for us and definitely not as affectionate for the club as he claimed. 
He’s better off as a rangers mouth piece than a Dundee player IMO. 

What have the Romans ever done for us?  😂😂😂

Crikey, Charlie Adam eh, gone but certainly not forgotten.  Still quite an emotive subject on here it would appear.

In fairness to the 35 year old Niall McGinn, a current Northern Ireland internationalist AND still retaining a decent physique by all accounts, the lower league Championship should be a piece of piss for him if he's remotely interested. Certainly look forward to him blowing Charlie Adam's Championship stats out of sight, lol..

Meanwhile back in the real world, for the record, Charlie's constant chuntering regarding the relatively new club in Govan does not sit well at all, imho. Nor did his clear lack of personal fitness training last season.

Regards as always.  

4 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Anyone know what it is GMan is doing?

2022 has been a rough year for eccentric posters on P&B. He and RandomGuy are missed.

Come on now...

Nah seriously, we're gonna need someone in here in the run up to the transfer window closing to break down how any signings impact on our budget and long term financial projections. It's at the point now where I have no idea how much anyone at Dens is earning. Sean Byrne could be on Kevin De Bruyne type money for all I know. 

We should be told 😡