All things Dundee FC

Per Bowyer in this morning's article:

Asked where the club were with incomings, he replied: “Ongoing but we feel we are getting closer, for sure.

“I think it’s fair to say there is a lot of work going in by everybody at the club to try to do that.

“Hopefully by Thursday – if not, then certainly Friday – I would be disappointed if we didn’t have one, maybe two, new faces in.”

I don't want to get anyone here too excited but on the other forum all the talk is the rumour that we're apparently looking to sign a striker from the Premiership and are willing to pay if we need too. Adeloye had also been previously mentioned on this forum.

Who could it be?

Think Jakubiak is going to be good for us this season.

21 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Per Bowyer in this morning's article:

Asked where the club were with incomings, he replied: “Ongoing but we feel we are getting closer, for sure.

“I think it’s fair to say there is a lot of work going in by everybody at the club to try to do that.

“Hopefully by Thursday – if not, then certainly Friday – I would be disappointed if we didn’t have one, maybe two, new faces in.”

Interesting to hear that GB is hoping to add a couple of faces by tomorrow. Could it be that the intended signings are not any of the trialists that have  appeared but players that have been targeted and negotiations are coming to a close? I'd be delighted if that was the case. Manager gets players he wants as well as getting a closer look in friendlies at some possible signings

3 hours ago, Fifespud said:

Who could it be?

Think Jakubiak is going to be good for us this season.

I hope so. 

Promising pre season, get his confidence up. 

Had such a bad time with injuries. 

8 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Slightly disappointed we didn't get to see Gowser in there with a swimming cap on lol

McGowan about had a heart attack when Jakubiak touched his head after Jak scored the penalty against Hamilton. You can only catch a snippet of it in this video at around 52-53 seconds in but it's more noticeable in the full highlights. I doubt he'll be doing anything that involves damaging his new look. :lol:

52 minutes ago, locheedee said:

Jakubiak saying he wants to repay the club for sticking by him after his injuries

https://12ft.io/proxy?q=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.thecourier.co.uk%2Ffp%2Fsport%2Ffootball%2Fdundee-fc%2F3493819%2Fexclusive-alex-jakubiak-owe-dundee-repay-faith%2F

Also has a pic of Jak going to touch Gowsers new 'do'

Screenshot_20220715-110842.png

'Death stare'.

Jakubiak saying he wants to repay the club for sticking by him after his injuries
https://12ft.io/proxy?q=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.thecourier.co.uk%2Ffp%2Fsport%2Ffootball%2Fdundee-fc%2F3493819%2Fexclusive-alex-jakubiak-owe-dundee-repay-faith%2F
Also has a pic of Jak going to touch Gowsers new 'do'
Screenshot_20220715-110842.thumb.png.2fec28a98351ce6cf99737f41648c3a4.png

That’ll be him away then!

Exciting day in prospect do we think?

58 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

That’ll be him away then!

Haha, hopefully not - Gowser might be away to end him though after touching his hair and then commenting on him being the old guy in the squad 😂

+

Here's hoping there's at least a signing or two to look forward to

2 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Would be very disappointed if we didn't sign somebody today after Bowyer's comments on Wednesday tbh.

Have heard that you have beat Thistle to the lad that played upfront for Ayr last season...cant remember his name..

6 minutes ago, IR1970 said:

Have heard that you have beat Thistle to the lad that played upfront for Ayr last season...cant remember his name..

Adeloye ir something like that I think? We have been rumoured to be after him so would be good if true

Funnily enough, the rumour talk on the other forum is that Adeloye has either said no to us or we were never in for him, and that he's headed to Swindon. Don't know if they're any more trustworthy than the rumours saying we've already basically signed him, but certainly a plot twist regarding them.