All things Dundee FC

Just now, Fifespud said:

I thought he had 3 decent cameos including the one you mention, didn’t set the heather on fire. The other I thought the game passed them by. No better than what we’ve got. Re Fisher, the guys a prospect, did get bodied a bit. All our young crop look decent and I don’t like the idea of signing other nonentities that hamper their chances.

Agree with all that. The level of the trialists Bowyer has brought in seem a bit suspect tbh.

Agree with all that. The level of the trialists Bowyer has brought in seem a bit suspect tbh.

My fear re this finding nuggets in the English market is players from clubs like Aberdeen are going to Salford. How good are the guys we are going to find down there? Unless Bowyer had already scouted a few nuggets, and that doesn’t seem to be the case. I remember when Archie Knox became manager he brought in John Brown, John McCormack and Bobby Connor, players he clearly new about from his Aberdeen days, that was my hope from Bowyer.

13 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

This was my worry all along, that he underestimates the Scottish game. I think we had a good enough squad to win this league without anyone coming in, but that's more because of the league standard this season than us having a great team. I still think we need a striker but our own youth look to be good enough to support the rest of the squad.

This was my worry all along, that he underestimates the Scottish game. I think we had a good enough squad to win this league without anyone coming in, but that's more because of the league standard this season than us having a great team. I still think we need a striker but our own youth look to be good enough to support the rest of the squad.

Exactly. Guys coming in have to be class. I’d take any of those Blackburn players for a start!

I think you can look at Bowyer's trialists another way. 

Bowyer isn't overly familiar with the standard and quality of the Scottish leagues, but he does know these lads. If they come here and they aren't up to par, then Bowyer is getting a clear picture of where Dundee stand by comparison to the level of football he is familiar with.

I think you can look at Bowyer's trialists another way. 
Bowyer isn't overly familiar with the standard and quality of the Scottish leagues, but he does know these lads. If they come here and they aren't up to par, then Bowyer is getting a clear picture of where Dundee stand by comparison to the level of football he is familiar with.

Let’s hope so!

5 minutes ago, Girth said:

Really pleasing to hear the youth are of such high standard. 

I’m sure Gal has a few more aces up his sleeve. 

Thank you. 

One thing i think you notice with Anderson when he comes up against physical teams is that he's too easily pushed off the ball. He has all the ability to be a good player, the real focus has to be on building himself up now. He's obviously not naturally built such as the likes of Mulligan. 

Thank you.

One thing i think you notice with Anderson when he comes up against physical teams is that he's too easily pushed off the ball. He has all the ability to be a good player, the real focus has to be on building himself up now. He's obviously not naturally built such as the likes of Mulligan. 
Thank you.

Mulligan was getting bodied tonight too but you’re not wrong. I hope Mulligan and Anderson learned a lot from the Blackburn lads. Got to be stronger, quicker and better if you’re even going to make the championship.

I wasn't there and thanks everyone who went for your accounts of the trialists.

Blackburn is a good benchmark I reckon and I have no doubt the game will be analysed to hell and back over the next few days.

Still nothing but positive about Bowyer and really believe in the new manager hype just now which is a great feeling.

Let's get the league started already.

Dundee city council handing out parking tickets for parking on the Provie*, what a shower of absolute cunters.
*wasn't me that got the ticket.

It’s fucking pointless handing out parking tickets. Just another tax, as you say, CUNTERS.

1 hour ago, Fifespud said:

My fear re this finding nuggets in the English market is players from clubs like Aberdeen are going to Salford. How good are the guys we are going to find down there? Unless Bowyer had already scouted a few nuggets, and that doesn’t seem to be the case. I remember when Archie Knox became manager he brought in John Brown, John McCormack and Bobby Connor, players he clearly new about from his Aberdeen days, that was my hope from Bowyer.

You forget Rafferty , 4 gems he brought 

Dundee city council handing out parking tickets for parking on the Provie*, what a shower of absolute cunters.
That's done nearly every home game. No blue badge, expect a ticket.

11 hours ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

c***s must have been out doing overtime last night. My mate also got one outside Dundee Music Studio about 8pm. 

2 minutes ago, K.T said:

c***s must have been out doing overtime last night. My mate also got one outside Dundee Music Studio about 8pm. 

Load of cars got them on Provost Rd, wonder if the scum will be patrolling it this evening?