All things Dundee FC

A much more palatable way to frame it. Wonder if Irvine is trying to talk Leigh into joining Forfar. Probably wanting to take Sam Fisher back for a 4th time.

Would love a peak Harkins and Griffiths back in the team, good times.

4 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Where are you seeing this?

If I told you I’d have to kill you!

Deal was done earlier in the summer but Strachan got wind of his attitude towards training  not being up to scratch and pulled the plug apparently. Deal now back on with it being heavily bonus incentivised with his basic being reduced. 

Happy with that, young team on at the end, players look much fitter, nice gesture from Bowyer to the support at the start, I like him.
Thank you.

It was a nice gesture coming over for sure. So far so good!

2 minutes ago, Crawford said:

What a great way to get off the mark. Be interesting to see if that does anything for season ticket sales. Absolutely deeeeeelighted.

We're over 3000 with three weeks until the season begins. Brilliant sales knowing the recent discontent under McPake and McGhee. 

1 hour ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Happy with that, young team on at the end, players look much fitter, nice gesture from Bowyer to the support at the start, I like him.

Thank you.

Fitness is the main thing for me. Bowyer is old school and players won't get away with some of the shite we seen last season - disgrace at times. 

Mulligans play is rapidly progressing and he's standing out above the other players when playing now. With his contract expiring next summer the club must show some initiative and get a contract on the table asap. If done, we will no doubt recieve a generous amount for his services in the future.

Looking forward to my first visit to Stranraer next week and feeling very positive for the league campain. A striker and fullback still required as a minimum though.

Thank you Bowyer. 

Fitness is the main thing for me. Bowyer is old school and players won't get away with some of the shite we seen last season - disgrace at times. 
Mulligans play is rapidly progressing and he's standing out above the other players when playing now. With his contract expiring next summer the club must show some initiative and get a contract on the table asap. If done, we will no doubt recieve a generous amount for his services in the future.
Looking forward to my first visit to Stranraer next week and feeling very positive for the league campain. A striker and fullback still required as a minimum though.
Thank you Bowyer. 

Probably need a midfielder too given McGhee looks away. Maybe Allan isn’t such a bad shout, especially in this league. We’ll face a lot of teams trying to park the bus this season, maybe a chubby baller is required.

Just now, Fifespud said:

Probably need a midfielder too given McGhee looks away. Maybe Allan isn’t such a bad shout, especially in this league. We’ll face a lot of teams trying to park the bus this season, maybe a chubby baller is required.

I'd like to see McCowan in the 10 role think he could do really well there. Also Jakubiak can play there behind hopefullly a new striker who can get into double figures. 

Would be happy with a 'playmaker' but don't think it is a necessity. McGinn can also drop behind the striker if needed. 

Should be a few in this week so we will see what happens. 

Thank you.

2 minutes ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

I'd like to see McCowan in the 10 role think he could do really well there. Also Jakubiak can play there behind hopefullly a new striker who can get into double figures. 

Would be happy with a 'playmaker' but don't think it is a necessity. McGinn can also drop behind the striker if needed. 

Thank you.

Chapman, who has been given a squad number, is allegedly, a good attacking midfielder.

Boy needs a chance imo.

Thank you.

Agree with that. Thought Jakubiak looked decent today when he came on. We need a few in, as you say will be interesting.

1 hour ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

We should be getting him signed up tomorrow on a 3 year deal, absolutely superb.

On 08/07/2022 at 21:01, clashcityrocker said:

Watched Ben Williamson play for Arbroath two seasons ago - he is an outstanding midfield player, he was one of Arbroath's best players ( and we have some great players).

I would expect him to become a fan's favourite  - unsure how things never worked out for him at Livi or Raith, but he is rated very highly by Arbroath fans, I'd be more than happy to see him back at Gayfield.

Honestly he was just totally shite and out his depth at us. His main attribute seemed to be running around and kicking folk 

10 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

We could do with one of those for when Byrne isn't at it tbf. Every club needs a wee clogger in the middle at times.

I don't think it's quite the "running around and kicking folk" you're thinking of. What you want is a Scott Brown style destroyer who knows when to take a yellow and kill an attack. Ben Williamson is more of a loose cannon than that, kind of guy who gets booked two minutes into a game for halfing a full back on the touchline or gets sent off for diving in after a bad touch. 

That's not to say he won't evolve into a more refined player, but he's not there yet on the evidence of his spells with Rovers (where he mostly played further forward in midfield) and Livingston. 

10 hours ago, RawB93 said:

Agreed. I thought we looked a different team with Ross Callaghan in the side. Maybe he could be that for us. 

I don't think that's too bad a comparison, to be fair. He's in a similar "all-action" mould as Callachan, probably with a better technical grounding, but not as athletic or dynamic. 

From the highlights we looked good yesterday. How was it?

Obviously Hamilton are absolute fodder but still great to win comfortably. 

A few more coming in and Gal will have us firing. 

Thank you.