All things Dundee FC

6 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Not remotely happy to hear this. I trust Bowyer will know better than to even consider it, though.

I would see it more as him having a free Saturday to watch the Dee with his bairns.

1 minute ago, johnnydun said:

I would see it more as him having a free Saturday to watch the Dee with his bairns.

He's with Harry Mac from the look of the picture.

Don't think today could have went much better. 3 goals, plenty of youth players getting minutes, Bowyer able to treat the game like a friendly, clean sheet, 16 players getting a run-out, Cameron getting his first professional goal, our other striker getting off the mark and a blow to the main competition for the group on paper (although that'll probably be Queen's Park).

Happy days.

25 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

That's one DAB c**t manager already been given a telt fae The Derry...and the league's not even begun.

Have to say for Dab Rankin seems a pretty decent guy , he handled the whole incident with McPakes injury very well , and he was the only dab player who didn’t run off the pitch at a rapid rate when we put them DOON at dens , he stayed back and talked to the ugly mob 

Bowyer talking about potentially bringing in Stephen Kelly in from Rangers but Ben Williamson is 'also on the list'.

Says he has a good relationship with Billy Kirkwood at Rangers so will see who is available from them.

Bowyer's comments:

'In front of our fans for the first time to get a clean sheet, score three good goals and to see some positive play was good. Some of the forward play we need to improve on and young Harry Sharp makes a good save late on. There’s lots to build on, we won’t get carried away, but it was positive. We won the game, scored three good goals, kept a clean sheet and blooded youngsters so there is loads to be positive about.

We’re working hard to bring some new faces in, we hope to bring one or two in at the start of next week. We’ve been linked with Ben Williamson and I know about him. I worked with Stephen Kelly at Salford as well. I have a decent relationship with Billy Kirkwood and I’ve been speaking to Ross Wilson to find out who is available and what can be done. He will certainly go onto the list.'

Sharp did well, apart from his distribution, which was shocking. Fisher and Sweeney looked vulnerable once or twice, letting balls bounce and players do little moves past them, but they handled the “threat” from Accies well overall. Wasn’t that impressed with Wilkie when he came on, but I’m sure he will improve. Mulligan was head and shoulders above everyone else on the park - just hope we have him on a long-term deal. 

Still need some creativity in midfield and more options up top, but not a bad start all in all. 

34 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Bowyer talking about potentially bringing in Stephen Kelly in from Rangers but Ben Williamson is 'also on the list'.

Says he has a good relationship with Billy Kirkwood at Rangers so will see who is available from them.

At least we seem to be looking at the good ones. Kelly definitely seems like he could be a future regular player for them, so he'd be a good loan signing for the season.

20 minutes ago, Spikethedee said:

Sharp did well, apart from his distribution, which was shocking. Fisher and Sweeney looked vulnerable once or twice, letting balls bounce and players do little moves past them, but they handled the “threat” from Accies well overall. Wasn’t that impressed with Wilkie when he came on, but I’m sure he will improve. Mulligan was head and shoulders above everyone else on the park - just hope we have him on a long-term deal. 

Still need some creativity in midfield and more options up top, but not a bad start all in all. 

Aye, Sharp is good with his shot-stopping and general box control but still really needs to work on his footwork. Still very promising though.

With Irvine and Harkins at the game, I can see them taking Wilkie in on loan. He's not played at the same level that others have regularly yet so I think regular game time at the SPFL level will do him the world of good.