Jump to content

All things Dundee FC


Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Cheers. Had got myself intrigued by the number 11 being allocated far more than I should have.

Aye it is a curious allocation. Again, I think it's just the club allocating vacant numbers to youth players to have them available for the squad, but Wilkie and Lamb already had numbers AFAIK like how Graham does, so that does make me wonder if there is more to this. Probably not though, as Ashcroft's number is also being used by a trialist.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

That kind of confirms a Legzdins rumour I heard. Something to do with Police, London and a Dundee keeper. It was all very vague what I heard.

What does? He's still recovering from injury, so there's a very clear reason why he's not in the squad. It's been in the news pretty regularly over the past couple of weeks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

That kind of confirms a Legzdins rumour I heard. Something to do with Police, London and a Dundee keeper. It was all very vague what I heard.

Bowyer said during the week that he wouldn't be risking Legzdins, Sheridan or Ashcroft today as he doesn't want to risk losing them for the season.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

What does? He's still recovering from injury, so there's a very clear reason why he's not in the squad. It's been in the news pretty regularly over the past couple of weeks.

 

1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

Bowyer said during the week that he wouldn't be risking Legzdins, Sheridan or Ashcroft today as he doesn't want to risk losing them for the season.

Aye fair enough. But I did hear something else.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, locheedee said:

Do tell then ya big tease!

I just did, something to do with an incident involving a Dundee keeper in London, police were involved or something. Could be shite though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

I just did, something to do with an incident involving a Dundee keeper in London, police were involved or something. Could be shite though.

Ahh fair do's, thought you had more of the juicy details and weren't saying.

Doesn't sound like Legzdins though, he seems like a quiet family man rather than Gowser 2.0

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sounds like Robertson's having a strong showing, boy also has definitely grown into his build, looking bigger and stronger each season. I still think we can make good use of him this coming season, we know he's good enough for Championship level.

Happy to see Rudden hit the back of the net, we'll need that to happen quite frequently lol.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

I just did, something to do with an incident involving a Dundee keeper in London, police were involved or something. Could be shite though.

For a second earlier I thought you were suggesting he was retiring to join the police - PHEW!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, wearedarkblue87 said:

Would be disappointing as I really like Marshall, but would also require a fee so it's not dreadful. Definitely someone we've thought for a while could be targeted for a move elsewhere.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, D TOTAL said:

Having a good runout so far , have Peterhead had a sniff at goal yet?

Image

Peterhead team is pretty weak tbf. They're really struggling to put a team together. Davie Nicholls said this in the build-up:

Quote

“We know that we need bodies in and there is a temptation to get that done quickly however prioritising quantity would be the wrong thing to do.”

“We had more than half a dozen trialists in before the double header at Elgin last weekend who all looked good in training. However, in a game environment it never quite worked so we let a few of them go and brought in three new boys in midweek.”

“In that trio is a goalkeeper, a midfielder and a winger. They took part in a really tough training session on Wednesday and will be involved against Dundee along with the trialists we have kept on.”

That will get the chance to show that can add something to the squad. Despite the temptation to get numbers in the manager and I are committed to only getting in players who will play.”

“We have had to show a lot of patience to stick to that and hopefully that patience will be rewarded over the next week and we will face Aberdeen a week on Sunday in our first competitive fixture with a strong starting XI and a strong bench.”

“Dundee will be a strong test this weekend. They have a new manager in place and their players will be out to impress him. Ryan Strachan is not ready to play yet and we have a couple of other injury doubts as well but we have a good strong core who will be up for the challenge of this game.”

Still, very good run out for us though!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, RossBFaeDundee said:

Would be disappointing as I really like Marshall, but would also require a fee so it's not dreadful. Definitely someone we've thought for a while could be targeted for a move elsewhere.

I can't see us letting him go. Reckon we'd need a very decent offer to part with him and don't think he's good enough for a club to pay around £150kish.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Ludo*1 said:

Image

Peterhead team is pretty weak tbf. They're really struggling to put a team together. Davie Nicholls said this in the build-up:

Still, very good run out for us though!

Always nice to batter a team with Ryan Dow in it tbf.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...