All things Dundee FC

4 minutes ago, RawB93 said:

The ears are identical in the photos you shared, that's all I'm sure of.

Yeah, I'm sure he's the ex Millwall kid Ross posted the pic of, just not sure if he's Christian Dailly's son or not.

All the stuff on transfermarkt etc about Bobby Dailly says he's English and has been with Millwall u18's but nothing more.

2 hours ago, Girth said:

Gally B has a very soothing radio 4 type voice. 

The middle aged wives of Dundee will be all over him. 

If Gal was blessed and bounced on Brian Clough and Peter Taylors' respective (football management gods) knees whilst his father Ian twice lifted the European Cup at Nottingham Forest, we're in good safe hands.

C'mon Gary, make them all proud and prove John Nelms' numerous recent managerial appointments so very wrong.

R.thumb.jpg.c2cc5d70bf8b8bd7a5a0ce78f9109222.jpg

A guy on our forum suggesting Motherwell are looking at Jordan McGhee. Here's my thoughts:

Had a tough, torrid season in the Prem. Could easily be one of those that are too good for the Championship but can't manage the step up to the Prem. I personally believe it was injuries that ruined him being more invaluable to us last season. Injured during pre season then again early on and just couldn't catch up on himself.

Prior to that he's been a bawhair away from being our PotY (a tie between him and Paul McGowan was settled due to McGowan's longevity at the club) in his first season at CH, was the player that got our season going in his second as a CM doing all the running about in midfield for Charlie Adam and Shaun Byrne and helping out at RB in a pinch as well.

Due to last season, McGhee won't have as many people tearing up if he leaves, but he's one of our more invaluable players IMO, but as I say, might be one of those weird one's that struggles with the step up.

Would require a decent, modest fee but his versatility even if his not guaranteed quality would make it worth it for anywhere up to a £150k punt (possibly get him for considerably less).

Think he'd be best suited to a 3 man midfield or 3 man defence. Good with the ball at his feet. Would ideally need an absolute brute alongside him at the back though.

Hope it's not true.

One of my favourite players at the club, would be gutted to see him go. Like Marshall though, if a team is willing to pay ample money then it's hard to complain. However, I doubt he'll be going anywhere, as I can't see Motherwell offering a sum worth selling him for tbh. I'll be happy if I'm right. Also, might not even be true.

Yeah, I agree with both of you, wouldn’t want to lose him. Last season wasn’t the real breakthrough season I thought he’d have, more than likely not entirely fit. I think his versatility hinders him as well, I think he’d benefit from nailing down one position and sticking to it and for me that would be CH.

Nobody is paying 6 figures for either, so I think you can relax if you think that's what you'd be demanding.

11 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

A guy on our forum suggesting Motherwell are looking at Jordan McGhee. Here's my thoughts:

Had a tough, torrid season in the Prem. Could easily be one of those that are too good for the Championship but can't manage the step up to the Prem. I personally believe it was injuries that ruined him being more invaluable to us last season. Injured during pre season then again early on and just couldn't catch up on himself.

Prior to that he's been a bawhair away from being our PotY (a tie between him and Paul McGowan was settled due to McGowan's longevity at the club) in his first season at CH, was the player that got our season going in his second as a CM doing all the running about in midfield for Charlie Adam and Shaun Byrne and helping out at RB in a pinch as well.

Due to last season, McGhee won't have as many people tearing up if he leaves, but he's one of our more invaluable players IMO, but as I say, might be one of those weird one's that struggles with the step up.

Would require a decent, modest fee but his versatility even if his not guaranteed quality would make it worth it for anywhere up to a £150k punt (possibly get him for considerably less).

Think he'd be best suited to a 3 man midfield or 3 man defence. Good with the ball at his feet. Would ideally need an absolute brute alongside him at the back though.

Hope it's not true.

Often played out of position in my opinion last season. Even when, however, he was played in his strongest position he just simply wasn't good enough for premiership level. I see similarities to Iain Davidson in him.

At championship level, I'd be disappointed to lose him as his versatility would do us well over the season.

New Shagger on board. 

Just waiting for the verdict from my Wrexham supporting mate.

Verdict: ‘Gutted. One of our most consistent defenders when picked. Shame the current manager didn’t like him’. 

https://dundeefc.co.uk/news/tyler-signs/?fbclid=IwAR3UYTXMF-sJbSmMStAWgEJmaf6ZUqlojnnmOvCoaw4_BVDCqSCXcUiys6U

Edited by Girth

Played 38 games for Wrexham who finished 2nd in the National League last season (unsure how many were started/sub appearances). Going by Wrexham's twitter replies the general consensus is they are sad to lose him. Hopefully more to come soon 

Frenchy is making all the right noise. 

Said GB’s tactical knowledge, man management and coaching are very strong. 

So the opposite of McPake!? Exactly what we need. 

Thank you.