All things Dundee FC

2 hours ago, johnnydun said:

I think it's fair enough. I get paid pretty well but I can't justify buying a season ticket at the moment due to the cost of petrol/gas/electric etc...

I don't blame any individual for not buying one certainly after the season we've had but it's massively down on what we normally sell over the past 15 or so years. Plenty of £1 kids tickets will be in that amount as well.

What does frustrate me is that it's usually the people who haven't dug deep that are first to be demanding online that Keyes opens the chequebook and signs new players. I don't mean on here, we've a very pleasant bunch on here bar an exception or two IMO.

I don't blame any individual for not buying one certainly after the season we've had but it's massively down on what we normally sell over the past 15 or so years. Plenty of £1 kids tickets will be in that amount as well.
What does frustrate me is that it's usually the people who haven't dug deep that are first to be demanding online that Keyes opens the chequebook and signs new players. I don't mean on here, we've a very pleasant bunch on here bar an exception or two IMO.

I haven’t bought one yet. Probably will wander over on Friday, I’ve been encouraged by Bowyer’s demeanour, there’s not much else to go on. Keen to see Anderson, Mulligan and hopefully Robertson and Cameron too. I’m also pleased not to have an Adam, a Dorrans, a Griffiths in the squad as well. I’m not saying any or all of them were no good, just be nice to have a squad of ‘equals’ reputation wise, with some home grown thrown in, and see how that works. Hopefully with our own youths in the team the atmosphere and encouragement from the home support will improve too.
Other than the last few games at the end of 20/21 we’ve massively under achieved since Hartley’s first season in the prem and I can’t take too much more of that sort of pish.

Griffiths saying in the Record that he's lost 11lbs over the summer and plans to lose another 4-5lbs over pre-season so that he's in the shame shape he was in when at Celtic. Goes on to say he has never been overweight though...
Anyone willing to confess they'd take a punt again?
Thanks but no thanks.

That's us signed English striker Euan Mutale to our development squad, coming from Sutton United and was last season's EFL Youth Alliance top scorer. Definitely a promising young prospect who'll hopefully do well here.

A0F9D7F4-0941-451E-AFFD-0D38782E8034.jpeg

image.png.17dd8112f44a1d9b337b564595446231.png

8 minutes ago, This Charming Man said:

English midfielder Danny Devine is now in on trial, just left Carlisle United and previously played for Gary at Bradford City.

The lad's 25 in September and has apparently played 58 league games in his career, according to Wiki.

Regards.

We don't need a centre mid.

English midfielder Danny Devine is now in on trial, just left Carlisle United and previously played for Gary at Bradford City.
The lad's 25 in September and has apparently played 58 league games in his career, according to Wiki.
Regards.

This is fairly uninspiring and somewhat concerning news.

"Devine is a versatile midfielder, with his main position being in the middle.  He has also played at full-back and wing-back."

Might be useful as he covers a few positions though I guess

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/dundee-fc/3449295/exclusive-dundee-bring-former-carlisle-united-and-bradford-city-midfielder-danny-devine-to-dens-on-trial/

With money tight for most, which will effect every club in Championship, and season tickets low, I'd go for McGowan as first choice DCM as he can get the ball forward better than the other options. Haven't seen Mulligan as right back but if, as I would expect, he can provide cover there then that should be one area of concern covered. So, a guy that can spread the passes (in my dreams the next Cammy Fraser) and the magical one that can put the ball in the net (the next, without being too ambitious, Kane Hemmings) and I would say we would be more than there (happy to rely on youths for cover) . If we are to spend the budget anywhere these would be my priority. That said we will likely need to allow time for the squad and manager to really figure out how to play within GB's, potentially moving while he really figures out the players strengths and weaknesses, game plan so not expecting an overnight miracle. I'm feeling positive..............but I've been here before. Maybe wait till Jan to figure this all out and splash the cash then if needs must, Nelms will know the difference between getting up or not and I don't think we're going to be up against another Roy McGregor. Keeping hopes in check for moment and not expecting a flying start. I can remember 80-81 where we got 2 points from first 7 games and still got promoted, definitely expecting better than that though