All things Dundee FC

Keep the faith lads. 

I'm got some absolutely filthy signings lined up. 

We'll be showcasing some absolute liquid football. 

Might as well get the cigars and slippers out now. 

Thank you. 

On 30/05/2022 at 05:38, locheedee said:

Indoor soccer in the 1980s was badass. The Kansas City team at one point was drawing 15K people every home game, and they were a blast. They'd turn out all the lights for player intros and have a spotlight with laser lights going everywhere.

5 hours ago, AmericanFan said:

Indoor soccer in the 1980s was badass. The Kansas City team at one point was drawing 15K people every home game, and they were a blast. They'd turn out all the lights for player intros and have a spotlight with laser lights going everywhere.

Awesome, they so need to bring back the tennents sixes and go all in with the lights and lasers 😂

With it striking june 1st with no gaffer at the helm is that’s us already a step behind or do you reckon even out of work gaffers do their due diligence and have a list of potential signings should they walk into a job at a moments notice?

6 minutes ago, D TOTAL said:

With it striking june 1st with no gaffer at the helm is that’s us already a step behind or do you reckon even out of work gaffers do their due diligence and have a list of potential signings should they walk into a job at a moments notice?

Fail to prepare, prepare to fail.

I imagine most managers worth their weight have a pretty good grasp of who or what's available should they get a job and might even say what their plans are at interview.

4 minutes ago, Crawford said:

I imagine most managers worth their weight have a pretty good grasp of who or what's available should they get a job and might even say what their plans are at interview.

So should we get someone(anyone) in we should possibly be see a few shirts in straight away or usual last minute panic

who knows with us I suppose 

23 minutes ago, D TOTAL said:

15 minutes ago, Crawford said:

Seemingly Strachan has been dealing with recruitment or at least scouting targets since we binned McGhee.

Not sure if thats a good thing or not though & if his targets will be anything like the ones any new manager would want.

1 hour ago, D TOTAL said:

I thought it would have been beneficial for the club to get in a manager to start his work the week after Mcghee was sacked. To take stock of what he has, where he needs to strengthen etc.

I suppose whatever manager that comes in won't get a feel for the players at his disposal currently as pre-season is 3(?) weeks away so there may not be a massive rush to get someone appointed.

Does f**k all for our nerves though.

I'd rather have a manager in that could convince players that we are a good team to join. Potential signings will be being snapped up while we dither. That said, better to get a good manager as a priority 

With hibs appointing Lee Johnson and raith appointing Ian Murray , the good thing is at least in regards to Scottish football we aren’t competing with another club for a manager with only Falkirk and Queen’s Park being clubs in step lower division without 

1 minute ago, D TOTAL said:

With hibs appointing Lee Johnson and raith appointing Ian Murray , the good thing is at least in regards to Scottish football we aren’t competing with another club for a manager with only Falkirk and Queen’s Park being clubs in step lower division without 

Think McGlynn went to Falkirk.

3 minutes ago, D TOTAL said:

Owen Coyle is at QP.

The only other SPFL team who are managerless are Kelty, because KT just ditched them. While we don't have much direct competition for managers which is good, the fact is most of the acceptable options are already taken by other teams.

12 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

The only other SPFL team who are managerless are Kelty, because KT just ditched them. While we don't have much direct competition for managers which is good, the fact is most of the acceptable options are already taken by other teams.

Yep, I'd have been happy with McGlynn or Murray ahead of the names we've been linked to.

34 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Which means a random left field appointment…

Moussa as player manager!?