All things Dundee FC

6 hours ago, Den Spark said:

Stranraer away in the league cup; a stadium to mark off for the majority i'd guess. Anyone ever been?

Many years ago, won 9-2 in the Scottish Cup. Think John Duncan got 4 that day.

I went to the league cup game when we lost under Duffy. Nice wee ground, terrible performance. 

7 hours ago, This Charming Man said:

Interesting to read about the nature of Charlie Adam's departure, he deserved far better than that, imho.

No great surprises however, it was Gordon Strachan who also ended Charlie's international career before it's time.

Charlie Adam, who was the previous seasons Championship Player of the Year, could and should have been retained whilst also learning his trade as he puts it, on the coaching staff at Dens in some capacity.

Clearly Dens Park under Gordon Strachan's leadership will be no place for anyone strong minded with an alternative opinion.

Jack Ross politely came as requested, listened to how we are to be operating under Gordon Strachan, then correctly and wisely for a manager of his standing and experience was on the first train back over the border.  

Again, like others, merely my opinion, truly hope I'm wrong and this new approach brings success.

Regards 

Charlie’s actions from the day he wrapped his car around a tree pished weren’t good enough and imo. Performances on the park, getting way out of shape for a top flight professional then in his words “a funny wee story” about him forgetting his boots and shin guards for a near as last nail in the coffin game isn’t good enough. I thought he was taking the piss that day even before the boots and shin guards story. 

Disappointing how it ended but he’d made out in the press for weeks he was retiring at the end of the season and hinting on Twitter things to the same effect. 

A shite ending to a shite season under a shite manager in McPake. More optimistic now about my club since the appointment of McIntyre. Says it all really. 

1 hour ago, Yenitit said:

Charlie’s actions from the day he wrapped his car around a tree pished weren’t good enough and imo. Performances on the park, getting way out of shape for a top flight professional then in his words “a funny wee story” about him forgetting his boots and shin guards for a near as last nail in the coffin game isn’t good enough. I thought he was taking the piss that day even before the boots and shin guards story. 

Disappointing how it ended but he’d made out in the press for weeks he was retiring at the end of the season and hinting on Twitter things to the same effect. 

A shite ending to a shite season under a shite manager in McPake. More optimistic now about my club since the appointment of McIntyre. Says it all really. 

Noting that he was the best player on the team, this was what got me. Stay in decent condition and he maybe plays another two years.

15 minutes ago, AmericanFan said:

Noting that he was the best player on the team, this was what got me. Stay in decent condition and he maybe plays another two years.

Should’ve had another season in him but we need a younger fitter side imo. 

25 minutes ago, AmericanFan said:

Yeah, I don't know if the training regime had much to do with it because a few of our squad looked terribly unfit. My son even said that I was in better condition than Adam and Griffiths and I'm in my 40's and only play 5's once a week.

9 hours ago, johnnydun said:

Yeah, I don't know if the training regime had much to do with it because a few of our squad looked terribly unfit. My son even said that I was in better condition than Adam and Griffiths and I'm in my 40's and only play 5's once a week.

Concur. Probably more due to pies and beer. Maybe Keyes needs to invest in hiring a dietician adviser?

Also, props on still playing. I'm basically relegated to sand volleyball as everything else is too rough on the body.

Edited by AmericanFan

52 minutes ago, AmericanFan said:

Concur. Probably more due to pies and beer. Maybe Keyes needs to invest in hiring a dietician adviser?

Also, props on still playing. I'm basically relegated to sand volleyball as everything else is too rough on the body.

He's been living away from home too long.

He's came back, the clarkys have gone straight to his thighs and thats him out the door.

Clarks is a hell of a drug.

7 minutes ago, AmericanFan said:

You'll have to explain what Clarks is?

A 24 hour bakery that serves things like cheeseburgers and steak pies. 

Charlie never stood a chance.

Edited by Crawford

1 hour ago, Crawford said:

A 24 hour bakery that serves things like cheeseburgers and steak pies. 

Charlie never stood a chance.

1 hour ago, Daydream said:

emoji23.png Brilliant. I can start my day knowing an American, in America, and a follower of Scottish Football, now knows about Clark’s in Dundee.

Can recommend the Gut Buster 🤤

Is Clark's generally thought of as good?  Or is it more fast/drunk food that you get when you're out and about or at 3 in the morning after a night of getting hammered?

5 minutes ago, AmericanFan said:

Is Clark's generally thought of as good?  Or is it more fast/drunk food that you get when you're out and about or at 3 in the morning after a night of getting hammered?

Both

It’s whatever you want it to be, which is kind of the problem!

You can get your breakfast roll with sausage, bacon and egg. Then go for lunch and get a pie and chips. Back later for a pizza and your sweet treat of choice, then stumble in at 3am for a wide variety of things that mean you won’t need to walk home as you’ll be in an ambulance.

There are plenty of healthy (ish) options on the menu and the quality is good, but the place can also render you immobile in weeks!

4 hours ago, AmericanFan said:

031E26A8-112A-488D-9B33-E59ACEBF49F5.thumb.png.67eb17f95e26eb04d9df26cf22073883.png

It’s the middle column you’re looking at.