All things Dundee FC

8 minutes ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

We reset and move forward from here. Jack Ross can go f**k himself for all i care; we're a club built on tradition, heritage and community and we'll progress without the c**t - it's his loss. 

As a sidenote - Fifespud made one inappropriate comment which he owned upto. He's part of the furniture of P&B when it comes to Dundee and shouldn't have to disappear over it. This isn't North Korea. Haste ye back Spuddy if looking in. 

Thank you. 

Well said, that's my thoughts as well, sick to death of chasing around after Jack Ross, like he's some sort of messiah, gone and in the past now.

Gave Spud a DM when it happened, didn't reply though. He made a mistake, but the response he got was unacceptable. IMO. Been on here for as long as I can remember. Good guy.

22 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

What happened with Spud? Seem to have missed that.

He made an inappropriate comment, that was rightly called out, but the response was a bit excessive. IMO.

Edited by Bigmouth Strikes Again

26 minutes ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

Jack Ross would've been a good appointment but he hasn't accepted our terms. The Dundee fans reaction has has me cringing all week. You'd think it was life or death of the club on the line because of one average Scottish manager.

I agree, and am dismayed at the sheer amount of negativity from all spheres. I really wanted Jack Ross, but if he's not going to accept the club's offer then there is nothing to complain about towards the club, it's not as if they're not hiring him out of spite or ignorance. It currently feels like whoever the club hires at this point, they'll not get an inch from the fanbase because they're not Jack Ross.

5 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

I agree, and am dismayed at the sheer amount of negativity from all spheres. I really wanted Jack Ross, but if he's not going to accept the club's offer then there is nothing to complain about towards the club, it's not as if they're not hiring him out of spite or ignorance. It currently feels like whoever the club hires at this point, they'll not get an inch from the fanbase because they're not Jack Ross.

That's definitely true tbf.

I just think the likes of Maloney and Thomson would be shopping in very shallow waters though.

If we can't get Ross, the club has no interest in Hartley and can't tempt Petrie then there's not much out there in Scotland outwith the usual merry-go-round or rookies! I'd consider the massive gamble of going foreign if we couldn't get any of those 3.

I mean, it might turn out to be an absolute disaster for Raith, but I reckon they made a shrewder pick in Ian Murray than the likes of Maloney is currently at this stage IMO.

By foreign, I just mean looking outwith Scotland - look at Motherwell's track record with picking up managers from down South!

Edited by Ludo*1

2 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

That's definitely true tbf.

I just think the likes of Maloney and Thomson would be shopping in very shallow waters though.

If we can't get Ross, the club has no interest in Hartley and can't tempt Petrie then there's not much out there in Scotland outwith the usual merry-go-round or rookies! I'd consider the massive gamble of going foreign if we couldn't get any of those 3.

I mean, it might turn out to be an absolute disaster for Raith, but I reckon they made a shrewder pick in Ian Murray than the likes of Maloney is currently at this stage IMO.

By foreign, I just mean looking outwith Scotland - look at Motherwell's track record with picking up managers from down South!

I too would really like to find a manager from outwith the merry-go-round names of already sacked Scottish football managers. Looking down south would be what I'd like to see happen if the club has to undergo another round of interviews.

2 hours ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

FFS Johnny. People asked for more updates regarding the season for ages and now there is it gets passed as a cover for a manager not wanting to come to Dens. This is reaching Old Firm levels of pish. Don't let the poisonous roasters on this website get to you. 

Jack Ross would've been a good appointment but he hasn't accepted our terms. The Dundee fans reaction has has me cringing all week. You'd think it was life or death of the club on the line because of one average Scottish manager. 

Our future as a club over the next decade doesn't come down to Jack Ross. We've endured a terrible season but i told everyone what would happen when McPake was appointed and only a select few listened. Promotion was the worst thing that could've happened. 

We reset and move forward from here. Jack Ross can go f**k himself for all i care; we're a club built on tradition, heritage and community and we'll progress without the c**t - it's his loss. 

As a sidenote - Fifespud made one inappropriate comment which he owned upto. He's part of the furniture of P&B when it comes to Dundee and shouldn't have to disappear over it. This isn't North Korea. Haste ye back Spuddy if looking in. 

Thank you. 

Just a joke chief.

I'm actually really excited about the new stadium.

Interesting to read about the nature of Charlie Adam's departure, he deserved far better than that, imho.

No great surprises however, it was Gordon Strachan who also ended Charlie's international career before it's time.

Charlie Adam, who was the previous seasons Championship Player of the Year, could and should have been retained whilst also learning his trade as he puts it, on the coaching staff at Dens in some capacity.

Clearly Dens Park under Gordon Strachan's leadership will be no place for anyone strong minded with an alternative opinion.

Jack Ross politely came as requested, listened to how we are to be operating under Gordon Strachan, then correctly and wisely for a manager of his standing and experience was on the first train back over the border.  

Again, like others, merely my opinion, truly hope I'm wrong and this new approach brings success.

Regards 

30 minutes ago, This Charming Man said:

Interesting to read about the nature of Charlie Adam's departure, he deserved far better than that, imho.

No great surprises however, it was Gordon Strachan who also ended Charlie's international career before it's time.

Charlie Adam, who was the previous seasons Championship Player of the Year, could and should have been retained whilst also learning his trade as he puts it, on the coaching staff at Dens in some capacity.

Clearly Dens Park under Gordon Strachan's leadership will be no place for anyone strong minded with an alternative opinion.

Jack Ross politely came as requested, listened to how we are to be operating under Gordon Strachan, then correctly and wisely for a manager of his standing and experience was on the first train back over the border.  

Again, like others, merely my opinion, truly hope I'm wrong and this new approach brings success.

Regards 

Since when has Dundee been under Gordon Strachan's leadership?

Thank you. 

17 minutes ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

Since when has Dundee been under Gordon Strachan's leadership?

Thank you. 

Press release 12th May highlighted he will now officially have a hands on roll with all first team matters in a Director of Football style roll.

His new remit includes the search for our 'new head coach' and at the time of the press release he'd already spent the previous few weeks scouting for next season!

Regards   

2 hours ago, Den Spark said:

Stranraer away in the league cup; a stadium to mark off for the majority i'd guess. Anyone ever been?

Many years ago, won 9-2 in the Scottish Cup. Think John Duncan got 4 that day.

We were also in the same league 2005/06. 

3 hours ago, This Charming Man said:

it was Gordon Strachan who also ended Charlie's international career before it's time.

Gordon Strachan is a complete fanny but not having that, Charlie Adam should never be forgiven for his efforts before Bale scored. Disgusting, criminal behaviour and if I was his team mate I'd have nutted the c**t.

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

I see TSES has fallen out with Nelms already. Wonder what that's all about considering the help he gave them to get set-up.

We never needed TSES to exist. No club needs ultras and in most scenarios they're only an embarrassment to everyone else involved.

Had a look and can't find anything. Maybe one of the folk running the page is having cramps.