All things Dundee FC

13 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

It was said at the time that Nelms was away for the first week of the window and McPake couldn't even finalise his targets. Came out in the media at the time but McPake smoothed it over by saying it was just about getting deals signed off rather than the first meeting.

Regardless, Nelms certainly left McPake hanging during the window IMO. He was away multiple times during January even taking a holiday for the rugby in Italy during the month Nelms was most needed at Dens or available 24/7.

Even if it was true, I don't blame Nelms for taking time to approve this, if it was over the pre authorised wage structure. He might have had to move the finances around from other areas of the business in order to pay for him.

It was lack of financial management and lack of caution that has landed our club in the shite before.

That's if this story is true, which I don't think it is.

2 hours ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

Here we go again. The yearly cycle of season ticket prices for people to moan about.

Do people never get bored of the same old pish, deary me. 

Looking forward to the break after that honking season. Changes needed on the manager front as well as players in decisive positions. Get it right this time Dundee ffs.

If you have spare funds for a season ticket (works out around £20 a game which isn't bad) then great. If not PATG. It's really not worth crying over.

Thank you.

Couldn't agree More. Was in the shop Today renewing me and my boys season tickets. Works out at Just less than £20 a match which is what you expect to pay for football nowadays.

Greg Stewart now transferred and signed a two year deal at Mumbia FC.

Genuine good luck to him as I have a feeling whoever our new manager is, they'll be looking forward and not back the way.

Announce Paul McGinn, Scotty Allan, Kevin Holt.........................lol.

Mind you all joking apart in fairness, I'd have Paul McGinn back at Dens Park.

Regards

31 minutes ago, This Charming Man said:

Greg Stewart now transferred and signed a two year deal at Mumbia FC.

Genuine good luck to him as I have a feeling whoever our new manager is, they'll be looking forward and not back the way.

Announce Paul McGinn, Scotty Allan, Kevin Holt.........................lol.

Mind you all joking apart in fairness, I'd have Paul McGinn back at Dens Park.

Regards

Cracking and under appreciated right back for us.

I'd have killed for the back line of

Holt -- Konrad -- McPake -- McGinn

in the season just ended.

Bring back Gadz and Konrad IMO.

14 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Cracking and under appreciated right back for us.

I remember arguing with quite a few boys on here about McGinn. He was a scapegoat due to Stewart being all out attack. His crosses not dotting on to the lone strikers head was always an issue too. 

Never been replaced in the squad. 

9 hours ago, neildundee said:

I'm moving to Philly and was planning on taking in a Union game. Looking at their ticket prices it's about $25-$40 for a single game. Not sure if those seats give the best view of the pitch but found that price is fairly reasonable.  Think the last time I was at Dens, about 7 or 8 years ago, the ticket price was £25 for me. Last time I had a season ticket it was £250 if I remember right. 

On a non-weekend game you could probably get a ticket at kickoff on stubhub for $10.

Is it just me that finds the club shop either horribly over priced or just about always out of stock?

not much in the way of woman or young lassies wear either, I’m sure they like football too

Posted (edited)

Good to see Josh in the 21s, no idea if that has been happening regularly but very well deserved imo. More surprised but delighted to see Harrison in there as well, just reward for some fine performances towards the end of the season.

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/news/scotland-under-21-squad-named-for-double-header-against-belgium-and-denmark/?rid=13925&fbclid=IwAR16oBMl535hSvRDP799nMW6sqNTg8noXLy4nbHe2q-6SFV7OnUx1W0yZVQ

Edited by The Algebraist

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, D TOTAL said:

Is it just me that finds the club shop either horribly over priced or just about always out of stock?

not much in the way of woman or young lassies wear either, I’m sure they like football too

Not to be an ass, but it is the end of the season. It would be a bad investment for them to restock everything now.

Edited by Crawford
Season not year

1 minute ago, Crawford said:

Not to be an ass, but it is the end of the season. It would be a bad investment for them to restock everything now.

Agree with both of you. Club shop is a bit rubbish though. Was in Arbroath and they have a temporary store in the Abbeygate and the shop was just night and day to our offerings.

2 hours ago, D TOTAL said:

Better stocked than that mob down the road , mate in Spain was 60 last week unfortunately he’s a Arab , I went into the dab shop to buy him a United golf  polo  for his birthday, they stocked one polo , jet black and shit heavy material, , went up to the Dee shop to buy Dundee one for my trip over , 5 different styles all lightweight polos 

12 hours ago, The Algebraist said:

Good to see Josh in the 21s, no idea if that has been happening regularly but very well deserved imo. More surprised but delighted to see Harrison in there as well, just reward for some fine performances towards the end of the season.

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/news/scotland-under-21-squad-named-for-double-header-against-belgium-and-denmark/?rid=13925&fbclid=IwAR16oBMl535hSvRDP799nMW6sqNTg8noXLy4nbHe2q-6SFV7OnUx1W0yZVQ

Noticed Josh in the squad so well done to him. Sure with game time he will develop into a fine player for Dundee. Anymore like him requiring a bit of development feel free to send them up to Peterhead 🤩

2 minutes ago, peternapper said:

Noticed Josh in the squad so well done to him. Sure with game time he will develop into a fine player for Dundee. Anymore like him requiring a bit of development feel free to send them up to Peterhead 🤩

Need a deep-lying midfielder? Finlay Robertson is in need of a career boost, and is easily Championship-level, just hasn't had the chance due to Byrne mainly.

31 minutes ago, D TOTAL said:

Do you reckon we have a partnership with Peterhead(or any other club for that matter)?

If we did, McInally put paid to that as he was fucking seething when we recalled Mulligan and pretty much refused to play our other loanees unless forced to after that.

12 minutes ago, Fife Saint said:

When is bin day? Sick of seeing Dundee FC threads in the Premiership forum tbh.

As soon as you go down.