All things Dundee FC

2 minutes ago, kdyteejay said:

Doh, you obviously noticed.

It was on the main page (new threads) when I logged in, what am I supposed to do, blind myself so I can't read anything?

Yet another tangerine muppet.

Superstar Zippy takes to the stage as a top DJ - Surrey Live

Thank you.

6 hours ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

It was on the main page (new threads) when I logged in, what am I supposed to do, blind myself so I can't read anything?

Yet another tangerine muppet.

Superstar Zippy takes to the stage as a top DJ - Surrey Live

Thank you.

Is that not Zippy?

Must admit, I'm starting to worry that McGhee is being kept on. There's not a chance that he and Strachan haven't had an informal discussion. They're best mates. Lived together. Best man at each others wedding. Not a chance it's not even been alluded to.

McGhee in the papers today saying we are about to be modernised and he wants to be here for it. 

I hope they're not hoping a win tomorrow will make the McGhee announcement more palatable. That and a Dundee hero such as Charlie Adam replacing Rusk to 'placate the fans' or even worse, Gavin Strachan replacing Rusk so he is kept away from the flak that McGhee will inevitably receive would highlight just how tinpot we currently are.

Please Strachan, build some faith, do a proper due process. My worry is only compounded by the fact that if there's one man in football that genuinely couldn't care less about fan reaction if he thinks he's right, it's Strachan. Possibly the most stubborn guy in football has the opportunity to keep his best mate and appoint a family member in a very cushty role where he can act as 'head coach' but McGhee will take all the flak? Golden opportunity for them at the expense of our fans raging.

Edited by Ludo*1

8 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Must admit, I'm starting to worry that McGhee is being kept on. There's not a chance that he and Strachan haven't had an informal discussion. They're best mates. Lived together. Best man at each others wedding. Not a chance it's not even been alluded to.

McGhee in the papers today saying we are about to be modernised and he wants to be here for it. 

I hope they're not hoping a win tomorrow will make the McGhee announcement more palatable. That and a Dundee hero such as Charlie Adam replacing Rusk to 'placate the fans' or even worse, Gavin Strachan replacing Rusk so he is kept away from the flak that McGhee will inevitably receive would highlight just how tinpot we currently are.

Please Strachan, build some faith, do a proper due process. My worry is only compounded by the fact that if there's one man in football that genuinely couldn't care less about fan reaction if he thinks he's right, it's Strachan. Possibly the most stubborn guy in football has the opportunity to keep his best mate and appoint a family member in a very cushty role where he can act as 'head coach' but McGhee will take all the flak? Golden opportunity for them at the expense of our fans raging.

If this happens, I am probably out for next season.

2 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

If this happens, I am probably out for next season.

Strachan is that stubborn he'd probably view it as short term pain for long term gain. He'd absolutely have faith in his mate and son and reckon we'd all flood back if they got off to a decent start in the Championship.

As for ST sales? Well, it's not Strachan's money that's being squandered.