All things Dundee FC

Just now, Venti said:

Wish you'd stayed up tbh.

Will be non-stop "Morten" patter from 8yrs ago next season.

Hopefully we won’t be sharing the league come the morten year anniversary.

thank you.

5 hours ago, locheedee said:

According to the courier there's a new book out for any Dee's that would rather read about some better times than another Strachan inpired omnishambleshttps://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/past-times/3279974/dundee-european-cup-book/

Not like The Courier to promote books by their own staff...

3 hours ago, captainkev said:

Strachan's instrumental in getting his mate appointed as manager in the middle of a relegation battle, who then took 12 games to get a win that ultimately came far too late. Now that relegation's confirmed, Nelms has decided to effectively give him a promotion?

Classic Dundee.

Promotion for Strachan = less chance of promotion for Dundee. 

4 hours ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Ok... if Gordon Strachan does his new job correctly, he will hire the best possible candidate for the job when it is open. McGhee and Rusk will not be a factor.

Reveal hidden contents

I feel that 'if' is doing some heavy lifting there, but them's the breaks.

Mellowed on this news throughout the day. While I still think Strachan is a dinosaur, he certainly will have more relevant experience and a savvier mindset for the role than Nelms every would, and the real positive is that Nelms will be mainly focused on off-field matters now.

The real fear came from the thought that Strachan would hire another mate or relative. McGhee won't stay though, and I do believe he was picked just to be a stop-gap gaffer anyway. I will believe that Strachan will genuinely try to solve the problem his new role will give him, and hope that he chooses wisely and proves he's still got the mind for the game. 

6 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Mellowed on this news throughout the day. While I still think Strachan is a dinosaur, he certainly will have more relevant experience and a savvier mindset for the role than Nelms every would, and the real positive is that Nelms will be mainly focused on off-field matters now.

The real fear came from the thought that Strachan would hire another mate or relative. McGhee won't stay though, and I do believe he was picked just to be a stop-gap gaffer anyway. I will believe that Strachan will genuinely try to solve the problem his new role will give him, and hope that he chooses wisely and proves he's still got the mind for the game. 

Agree, no point in people getting their tights in a tangle, need to wait and see, although he's an arrogant little p***k, surely he's not arrogant enough to employ a relative, or his best mate who has already failed.