All things Dundee FC

29 minutes ago, Twinkle said:

Next season we will have Celtic, Rangers, Hibs, Hearts and Aberdeen coming to Tannadice as well as the european game/games. You will have Morton, Arbroath and Cove. Pretty sure we will be making a few bob on those. Enjoy though

That's the spirit, keep telling yourself everything will be fine.

23 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:
Fed up of Rory Loy saying we were promoted a year ahead of plan. Our plan was to get out of the division the season before when up against United. To not even have a title challenge and the league to be wrapped up by Christmas was very poor. You'll not find a fan upset we got rid of McPake. It's the timing that was the only issue. But he's just going on budgets, ignoring that our managers are still very well backed and with the addition of the play-offs, it'd have been untenable for the manager in the fans' eyes should we not have got up after 2 seasons. Many wanted McPake out that season. Not another go at it FFS!

Can see his point though. I thought the same. Yous had a lot of players signed up for this season that clearly weren't good enough the last time you's were in the division, it didn't give McPake a lot of scope to re-vamp the squad with better quality.

10 minutes ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Can see his point though. I thought the same. Yous had a lot of players signed up for this season that clearly weren't good enough the last time you's were in the division, it didn't give McPake a lot of scope to re-vamp the squad with better quality.

It was him that signed them and then has continued handing them extended deals past this season too.

I don't think he has a point. He's just sucking up to his mate and is part of the new  breed of sychophants that keep their mates in work and on the merry-go-round.

24 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

You made a small profit for that year but you're either avoiding or are unaware of the bigger picture from those accounts.

That's your problem though, not mine.

Good luck.

Ok, thanks for letting us know.

Now take your pish back to the politics forum so we can all ignore your inane pish.

21 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Oh yeah, it's ME who is having the minter here. 🤣

Well if you weren't before, you certainly are now.

How many outsider headsgones has there been in the last 24 hours? It beggars belief.

3 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Well if you weren't before, you certainly are now.

How many outsider headsgones has there been in the last 24 hours? It beggars belief.

They're not "outsiders", they're "heels". Or is that another thread?

On 30/04/2022 at 22:45, Buttocks Brown said:

Jack Ross and family are settled in Northumberland and he's very reluctant to upset his daughters' schooling. The likelihood of him uprooting to Dundee for Championship football and John Nelms.... extremely slim I would think.

My geography isn’t great but I don’t think Dundee is that many hours away from Edinburgh where his last job was. I’m sure this wouldn’t be a factor in his decision at all.

32 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Your club's balance sheet is very significantly negative mate.

Then only person who can't seem to understand why that is a very bad thing is you and a couple of other financially illiterate numpties.

I hope you're not in charge of finances where you work.

Maybe you'll be lucky and have a club owner willing to spunk his own money for no return straight down the toilet indefinitely.

That's what Gretna fans once thought though.

Never.

Fucking.

Learn.

You clearly have no idea what our owners are about.

But carry on chief.

3 hours ago, oaksoft said:

Relegation is the very least of Dundee's worries.

A quick look at their accounts shows the only thing keeping them afloat is their owner ploughing his own personal cash in.

1 hour ago, oaksoft said:

You made a small profit 

epic fail falling GIF

1 hour ago, oaksoft said:

Oh yeah, it's ME who is having the minter here.

Gonnae no come on the Dundee thread and make an arse of appropriating Dundonian patter please. Cheers. 

4 hours ago, Twinkle said:

Whataboutery. Hes talking about you boys so i dont know why you have brought us into it

Probably because @Bigmouth Strikes Again knows United fans are all over this thread.  I assume he’s just trying to be neighbourly and include you in the discussion and this is the thanks Biggie gets.  Disappointing but predictable.

3 hours ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Heard on good authority that Jack Ross is very close to agreeing to manage you jute-botherers next season, irrespective of which division.

Don't know if this is a revelation or not but there you go.

This got lost in the cluster.

I hope you're right!

2 hours ago, oaksoft said:

Oh yeah, having a shareholder deficit of £2.7 MILLION pounds and a Profit and Loss account sitting at negative £7.7 MILLION pounds and then facing relegation is completely fine. 🤣

Apparently the following direct quote from the last accounts is also perfectly normal. 🤣

"As the company does not have formal funding facilities in place to cover any financial deficits which might occur during the forecast period, the directors recognise that the company might again require to obtain further financial support from the company’s majority shareholder."

It's not even as though you've never seen your club in administration. Twice in recent years it's happened and the last time you were docked 25 points and you ended up a bawhair away from being in League 1. That appears to have been swiftly forgotten.

But none of this worries you at all because you made a tiny profit in that year due to some insurance payout thing so that fixes everything. 🤣

And now you fantasists are wittering on about sacking McGhee and will no doubt demand the extra funding to get promoted again immediately. With what? Whose money? It can't be the club's money. There isn't any.

Oh yeah, it's ME who is having the minter here. 🤣

Is there anyone so fucking blind as a football supporter?

Rattled.