All things Dundee FC

17 hours ago, LM_0803 said:

I think Kerr has been one of the better players this year, especially while at LB. I also seem to be in the minority when it comes to Sweeney too, for a big guy he doesn't fully use his height to win many headers. Him trying to dribble through the saints midfield came shortly before their equaliser I'm sure. Definitely overrated imo 

For me Sweeney is just the best of the shite that we have in defence. Maybe with a decent defender beside him he be alright.

Yet again another managerial clown ripping the piss and a salary out of our club.

John Nelms' only redemption would be the immediate announcement of Jack Ross to give the fans any form of appetite to renew season tickets again.

This is the least we deserve after experiencing the last four, including McGhee, so called football managers. 

11 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

Dinna bide awa' ower lang...

If not too busy this evening @Jacksgranda, could you kindly set up our next match thread, if memory serves we were successful when done previously.

We're St Mirren away next Saturday. If this is a conflict of interest for Aberdeen, no worries, we'll just have to accept Mark McGhee's tenure with zero wins!

Kind regards.

8 minutes ago, This Charming Man said:

Yet again another managerial clown ripping the piss and a salary out of our club.

John Nelms' only redemption would be the immediate announcement of Jack Ross to give the fans any form of appetite to renew season tickets again.

This is the least we deserve after experiencing the last four, including McGhee, so called football managers. 

If not too busy this evening @Jacksgranda, could you kindly set up our next match thread, if memory serves we were successful when done previously.

We're St Mirren away next Saturday. If this is a conflict of interest for Aberdeen, no worries, we'll just have to accept Mark McGhee's tenure with zero wins!

Kind regards.

Done

Get McGhee out now and let Charlie Adam, Liam Fontaine, Dave Mackay or bloody Alan Combe manage the last couple of dead rubbers and announce that Ross will be manager next season and instantly the place will get a lift.

On 27/04/2022 at 16:00, killiekranky said:

Thanks for keeping our seat warm 😉

On 27/04/2022 at 16:46, Ludo*1 said:

Imagine trying to gloat about us bitch slapping you almost a year ago.

Nice one m8.

11 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

Thanks for keeping our place warm for us Dees.

Imagine trying to gloat about us bitch slapping you almost a year ago.

Nice one m8.

Everyone knew from the St Johnstone game what was up and the match today and those to come are meaningless.

It's also probably unanimous to gut and clear out sooner rather than later to give us the best possible foundation for the championship next season.

@Ludo*1 as for the suggestion of letting Adam take over for the last few games, I'd rather anthrax be posted to me. You just know that he would win or draw a single game and that would be justification to have him manage for 2 years.

Edited by Crawford

3 minutes ago, Crawford said:

Everyone knew from the St Johnstone game what was up and the match today and those to come are meaningless.

It's also probably unanimous to gut and clear out sooner rather than later to give us the best possible foundation for the championship next season.

@Ludo*1 as for the suggestion of letting Adam take over for the last few games, I'd rather anthrax be posted to me. You just know that he would win or draw a single game and that would be justification to have him manage for 2 years.

I'd honestly snuff anthrax than have McGhee manage us another game but I take your point! Liam Fontaine it is.

58 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Get McGhee out now and let Charlie Adam, Liam Fontaine, Dave Mackay or bloody Alan Combe manage the last couple of dead rubbers and announce that Ross will be manager next season and instantly the place will get a lift.

I know you would obviously want Ross, as he has proven to be a decent enough manager, and he is a free agent. I wonder, though, whether he would actually want the job? This isn't meant as a "Why would anyone want to manage Dundee lol" - imagine any other club in your current predicament, does that seem like an attractive prospect to someone like Ross?

As for McGhee, his managerial reigns everywhere seem to produce a meltdown at some point, but 11 games is surely a record even for him?

3 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

I know you would obviously want Ross, as he has proven to be a decent enough manager, and he is a free agent. I wonder, though, whether he would actually want the job? This isn't meant as a "Why would anyone want to manage Dundee lol" - imagine any other club in your current predicament, does that seem like an attractive prospect to someone like Ross?

As for McGhee, his managerial reigns everywhere seem to produce a meltdown at some point, but 11 games is surely a record even for him?

I believe Ross was a boyhood Dundee fan, so there might be an emotional pull. However, no disrespect but your club looks like a bit of a basket case at the moment - Ross is more likely to be looking for his next job to be somewhere he can rebuild his reputation- I doubt Dens will be the place to do it.