All things Dundee FC

4 hours ago, Killiefan said:

Enjoy The Championship losers.

2am on a Saturday morning and events of about 11 months ago still scar you that badly you couldn't just enjoy your clubs tainted victory over Arbroath. 

It's easy to see who is the life loser here, amigo. 

16 hours ago, johnnydun said:

If....Big fuckin' if, he pulls off this great escape, would you like to keep him? Would he have done enough to deserve it?

If McGhee saved us from relegation he would 100% ‘deserve’ to be kept given the state of the team McPake left him 

BUT

McPake ‘deserved’ to be given a chance in the top flight after getting us promoted but he shouldn’t have been given the chance because we all know he landed lucky that Charlie was available to join the club (that had nothing to do with McPake being manager).  No Charlie - no promotion.  I don’t think anyone, except Nelms of course, who watched us play that season thought McPake had what it took to be a success in the top flight.

Nelms needs to be tougher and stop all this “the manager is like a friend to me”nonsense.  If McGhee gets us promoted and  we find a better manager is available it’s a “thank you very much, see you later”.   Just like McGhee would have done to Aberdeen if he had been a massive success there and Celtic came calling.

Charlie is done, spent most of the game ball watching. He gets off with a lot because of his dead ball and passing, his free kicks and corners were rank today. That dive was fuckin lazy, all he had to do was launch it, just sums up his attitude.

1 minute ago, johnnydun said:

Charlie is done, spent most of the game ball watching. He gets off with a lot because of his dead ball and passing, his free kicks and corners were rank today. That dive was fuckin lazy, all he had to do was launch it, just sums up his attitude.

Yeah. He CBA. 

3 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

That's another thing, why are we back to playing one winger and Paul McGowan on the other side in the first place? Nonsense.

I would rather stick on another winger, put Gowser in the middle and drop Adam or Byrne.

26 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

That's another thing, why are we back to playing one winger and Paul McGowan on the other side in the first place? Nonsense.

It's truly bizarre. Not one of our last four managers seemed to be able to just play Gowser in his natural position. It would almost be excusable if we had no left-sided/winger in the squad, but McCowan, McGinn, McDaid, and even McMullan can all play there. I think even Marshall would be more effective if you pushed him forward and stuck Cammy Kerr behind him. Gowser is literally just a body playing out there and I really don't understand it at all.

Sadly, no overly great surprise to see James McPake's bang average Championship pool of resources are headed back again to their true level.

As previously posted by myself and quite a few others, if not for Charlie Adam last season our success through the play-offs would not have occurred in the first place.

Onwards and upwards however as this is a great club, which has to earn it's place at the top table. Others in the top flight, including today's opponents who deserved to win btw, could only dream of the ability to sell out their stadium when the the product on the park is deserving and the interest is there.

Personally, I can't see past Jack Ross as the next manager to really seriously build for the future on the footballing front of the Americans' business-plan. However I feel John Nelms' may lazily pass the responsibility to Gordon Strachan in which case I expect, for example Paul Hartley or Shaun Maloney, all guys he knows or has worked with.

Mark McGhee, whilst not being in the least amusing or entertaining and indeed has added to our laughing stock status, goes to show in a positive light just how poor our previous manager was.

Four joke managerial appointments and counting, merely my opinion.

tumblr_4a57a46d69c3b677a0d47d19acde0868_447308cc_500.gif.5304f9a1d3becc16af2872d34498e37e.gif

25 minutes ago, This Charming Man said:

Sadly, no overly great surprise to see James McPake's bang average Championship pool of resources are headed back again to their true level.

As previously posted by myself and quite a few others, if not for Charlie Adam last season our success through the play-offs would not have occurred in the first place.

Onwards and upwards however as this is a great club, which has to earn it's place at the top table. Others in the top flight, including today's opponents who deserved to win btw, could only dream of the ability to sell out their stadium when the the product on the park is deserving and the interest is there.

Personally, I can't see past Jack Ross as the next manager to really seriously build for the future on the footballing front of the Americans' business-plan. However I feel John Nelms' may lazily pass the responsibility to Gordon Strachan in which case I expect, for example Paul Hartley or Shaun Maloney, all guys he knows or has worked with.

Mark McGhee, whilst not being in the least amusing or entertaining and indeed has added to our laughing stock status, goes to show in a positive light just how poor our previous manager was.

tumblr_4a57a46d69c3b677a0d47d19acde0868_447308cc_500.gif.5304f9a1d3becc16af2872d34498e37e.gif

Would you consider giving Jim McIntyre another chance?

59 minutes ago, This Charming Man said:

Massive problem being we are becoming a less exciting prospect to serious contenders for the position.

With the the last few joke appointments and the glaring issues, they are less likely to want to attach their name to that.