All things Dundee FC

3 minutes ago, Rugbypark said:

Crazy not to share a ground and Dundee City would be a great idea. If you had any vision, you could have a new ground with a base support of 15000 and the whole area behind a team with a real chance of success.

Bollocks.

Like the recent league success of Aberdeen, Hearts or Hibs?

That's just a nonsense argument.

Looking at it logically (yes, I know football regularly defies logic on many levels) but I think Keyes must now realise that building the stadium, and therefore making money, is looking less likely as time goes on.  Likewise Ogren must already realise the chances of making a decent amount of money out of United is slim.  

All the talk of making our top league significantly more valuable in terms of TV rights is just delusional.  If you exclude the Old Firm there is very little interest around the world for Scottish football.  Yet with them we know there can only be two possible winners of the league for the next 40 years - almost 40 years since a team outside the Old Firm won the league.  Thank you Aberdeen.

Do Keyes or Ogren have any previous strong links to their respective clubs and this city?  They are both successful business people who presumably wish to continue making money.

I’m not suggesting there have been talks of a merger as I have no inside knowledge around these matters but it wouldn’t surprise me if all options are, or at least have been, explored by both parties.

15 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

Looking at it logically (yes, I know football regularly defies logic on many levels) but I think Keyes must now realise that building the stadium, and therefore making money, is looking less likely as time goes on.  Likewise Ogren must already realise the chances of making a decent amount of money out of United is slim.  

All the talk of making our top league significantly more valuable in terms of TV rights is just delusional.  If you exclude the Old Firm there is very little interest around the world for Scottish football.  Yet with them we know there can only be two possible winners of the league for the next 40 years - almost 40 years since a team outside the Old Firm won the league.  Thank you Aberdeen.

Do Keyes or Ogren have any previous strong links to their respective clubs and this city?  They are both successful business people who presumably wish to continue making money.

I’m not suggesting there have been talks of a merger as I have no inside knowledge around these matters but it wouldn’t surprise me if all options are, or at least have been, explored by both parties.

😂😂 This is even more desperate than the usual scottish futba’s shyte quotes efter going DOON😂.
There’s always Arbroath.   

5 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

It will be a groundshare, not even Nelms is thick enough to think a merger is feasible.

I wouldn’t bet on that Biggie.  Nelms has had nothing meaningful to convey for some time.  He’s so scared to show intelligence in case it might smear his lovely career.  

9 minutes ago, Goodstuff said:

😂😂 This is even more desperate than the usual scottish futba’s shyte quotes efter going DOON😂.
There’s always Arbroath.   

Try to keep up.  I’ve commented on several occasions over the years just how bad Scottish football is.  It was also said in the context of making money from investing in a Scottish club.

Thank you.

Edited by Shadow Play

13 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

I wouldn’t bet on that Biggie.  Nelms has had nothing meaningful to convey for some time.  He’s so scared to show intelligence in case it might smear his lovely career.  

Yeah, there's a right crashing bore on the last couple of pages, as well.

Thank you.

Edited by Bigmouth Strikes Again

11 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

Try to keep up.  I’ve commented on several occasions over the years just how bad Scottish football is.  It was also said in the context of making money from investing in a Scottish club.

Thank you.

Sorry, the futbas shyte comment wasn't aimed at you personally, just your fellow fans in general. 

Danke shon. 

3 hours ago, Shadow Play said:

How does a merger make them any more money? Dumping two money drains together does not a profit make.

4 hours ago, Rugbypark said:

Crazy not to share a ground and Dundee City would be a great idea. If you had any vision, you could have a new ground with a base support of 15000 and the whole area behind a team with a real chance of success.

Apart from the 80s being one team in city slightly bigger than Dundee hasn’t got Aberdeen  much success, 

11 hours ago, ArabFC said:

How does a merger make them any more money? Dumping two money drains together does not a profit make.

To keep this brief, there would be obvious cost savings.  There would also likely be a revenue increase both in terms of crowds and sponsorship, particularly over the medium to long term.

Again, I would wish to stress I am not advocating a merger.  I am merely pointing out any possible financial rationale behind a merger.

1 hour ago, Shadow Play said:

To keep this brief, there would be obvious cost savings.  There would also likely be a revenue increase both in terms of crowds and sponsorship, particularly over the medium to long term.

Again, I would wish to stress I am not advocating a merger.  I am merely pointing out any possible financial rationale behind a merger.

Even if you take the view that one club would have more fans than either of the existing, you'll certainly have less than you do from the two collectively.

So revenue (be that sponsorship, TV rights, ticket and merchandise sales) is down, not up. It might be up pro rata but you've got two owners. Is one of them making a profit by selling up? I think not.

You can try to claim reduce costs, but the new club owner is straight back into the same game. A slightly bigger fanbase - if you believe that would happen - demands the better players that come with any increase in revenue you believe might occur.

Scottish fitba will never ever make anybody any money. Combining two clubs into one ain't going to change that.