All things Dundee FC

Ignoring the whole drama around it all and pretending I wasn't aware of the context of it all, I just overall prefer the new name and logo. Think it's an improvement tbh.

Screenshot_20220320-000659_Google.jpg

3 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Ignoring the whole drama around it all and pretending I wasn't aware of the context of it all, I just overall prefer the new name and logo. Think it's an improvement tbh.

Agreed, think it fits what they were actually going for better.

8 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

I've told you for years he was your best striker but you never used to have that. b*****d.

Yes to be honest the vast majority of Saints fans have always known how good Hendry is, and what he can do. He fell out of favour due to not fitting into Davidson’s preferred system and poor man-management.

Criminal when we’ve been the lowest scorers in the league for the past 20 months.

It was only a couple of Saints fans on here that didn’t rate him :whistle

16 hours ago, johnnydun said:

Is that ‘Fans League of Vermin’ Twitter profile ran by the guy Jimmy that used to post on here, very similar writing style and the same ability to mock faux outrage at almost anything football fans do. His Twitter profile Jimmy Jazz manages to get people frothing at the mouth when it’s very obvious he’s at the wind up, tagging Police Scotland in almost every post. It can actually be a very enjoyable read, especially when directed at Old Firm fans who jump in head first to defend their club without realising they are being trolled. 

When I first seen the similarities between the two flags, the Section 18 one never struck me as anything Nazi related. It looks like some wee guys have tried to copy other fan groups with the skull wearing a goggle jacket as a nod to the ‘casual’ scene, used the wreath from the old Dundee badge and then been unlucky that the area they sit at Dens is the same number used by a neo-nazi group. The wreath has been a long-standing feature on the clubs badge I believe, so it’s not like they have chosen a design unrelated to Dundee. I don’t think Combat 18 would have even crossed any of their minds until it was pointed out, and more than likely weren’t even aware of its existence, unless I’m mistaken and neo-nazi groups are popular amongst Dundonian teenagers. It’s probably right for them to change it though as it’s similar enough in design to give people the chance to link them, even if it hasn’t been intentional. 

36 minutes ago, IrishBhoy said:

Is that ‘Fans League of Vermin’ Twitter profile ran by the guy Jimmy that used to post on here, very similar writing style and the same ability to mock faux outrage at almost anything football fans do. His Twitter profile Jimmy Jazz manages to get people frothing at the mouth when it’s very obvious he’s at the wind up, tagging Police Scotland in almost every post. It can actually be a very enjoyable read, especially when directed at Old Firm fans who jump in head first to defend their club without realising they are being trolled. 

Could definitely see that being the case. Jimmy still posts regularly on Twitter on his own account, but the FLOV thing seems right up his alley. Honestly I've grown to it, he still regularly gets people.

20 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Could definitely see that being the case. Jimmy still posts regularly on Twitter on his own account, but the FLOV thing seems right up his alley. Honestly I've grown to it, he still regularly gets people.

Aye it’s top tier. He had Celtic fans on strings the other day. Postecoglu said in an interview that he doesn’t allow players to come in to training moping about or in a bad mood, and Jimmy claimed he was disregarding players mental health and making it harder for players to speak up in future. To be fair there is a shred of truth in that, although I haven’t watched the Postecoglu interview to see what context it was said in. 

C18299E8-B991-43AE-8E8D-C97276AA2BFD.jpeg

4 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Re branding due to some fascists irl, would've made more sense.

Much prefer that. The wee CP company casual was cringey as f**k.

3 hours ago, RawB93 said:

Re branding due to some fascists irl, would've made more sense.

Much prefer that. The wee CP company casual was cringey as f**k.

If some 12- 17 year olds were coming online at 5am to post 'f**k the ****' in a match thread that would be cringey aswell but at least they'd get the benefit of the doubt due to age.

Thank you.

2 minutes ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

If some 12- 17 year olds were coming online at 5am to post 'f**k the ****' in a match thread that would be cringey aswell but at least they'd get the benefit of the doubt due to age.

Thank you.

Loves jackets with goggles, **** and long lies in ^^^

Edited by RawB93

4 minutes ago, RawB93 said:

Loves jackets with goggles, **** and long lies in ^^^

I'd be surprised if you could even define why Rangers fans are called that; if you could then I'd be interested to know why you're shouting about it online before a football match.

Thank you.

When I first seen the similarities between the two flags, the Section 18 one never struck me as anything Nazi related. It looks like some wee guys have tried to copy other fan groups with the skull wearing a goggle jacket as a nod to the ‘casual’ scene, used the wreath from the old Dundee badge and then been unlucky that the area they sit at Dens is the same number used by a neo-nazi group. The wreath has been a long-standing feature on the clubs badge I believe, so it’s not like they have chosen a design unrelated to Dundee. I don’t think Combat 18 would have even crossed any of their minds until it was pointed out, and more than likely weren’t even aware of its existence, unless I’m mistaken and neo-nazi groups are popular amongst Dundonian teenagers. It’s probably right for them to change it though as it’s similar enough in design to give people the chance to link them, even if it hasn’t been intentional. 

Outsider looking in, I didn’t see any immediate Nazi connections until they were pointed out. I think the best thing at that stage would’ve been for all parties to just say yup we get it, didn’t realise it we’ll take on feedback and change it. Instead to kick off and double down just made it worse.

For what it’s worth, I prefer the second logo. The first one after the points were highlighted just looked too much.

6 hours ago, IrishBhoy said:

When I first seen the similarities between the two flags, the Section 18 one never struck me as anything Nazi related. 

Have to say with me it was my immediate reaction and might even have let a sweary slip out. Might be a generational thing but anyone of my age would immediately and instinctively would make that connection. 

But for kids that haven't had any of that exposure can totally understand that they'd be clueless about the symbolism, and as random said the club have done really well sorting it out. I don't think anyone thinks that Dundee FC is harbouring an ultra right-wing faction. 

20 hours ago, EpicMike said:

The logo looks a lot like the RAF logo, the guys who bombed f**k out of the Nazis. Surely they're in the clear now?

section18.jpg.6fcbb7c981f915c27ed3e51680c98b51.jpg raf.png.750c1c31ea8ee23e8003216a0f39deec.png

P.S I can't even pretend to take this discussion seriously.

It’s only on this close up that I can tell it’s supposed to be a skull wearing a ned’s jacket. From a distance it looks like a black lab with rabies. 

8 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

It was only a couple of Saints fans on here that didn’t rate him :whistle

Tbf to me I always said his dip was coming and was normal, potentially one of the few fans who wasn't that bothered by his lack of goals.

My issue was how he was acting. His head had completely gone last season as he struggled and players who don't have the mentality to get through tough patches, especially strikers, won't make it. Whatever happened to him on loan has transformed him again.

I think he'll end up a really streaky striker, so once he accepts that and just fights through struggles, and his manager accepts that its worth letting him, we should all be better off.