All things Dundee FC

3 minutes ago, hk blues said:

Where is the load of shite in my post?  

None of the questions. More the answers. Many thought he get at least 10th . Proof being the thread here about where teams will finish.

This is was our mentality at the start of season when we didn't strengthen our defence. It is what is at end of the day. 11th still up for grabs.... 

14 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

We'd beat and drawn with them in the previous two fixtures.

I can't get over us going down so limply under a clueless buffoon that's only current defence is that he replaced another clueless buffoon.

What should McGhee be doing then? Attacking free flowing football 3 up front?

I think only having 2 fit strikers after the January window had shut is criminal and this is where we have suffered most, as the 2 fit (and the 1 injured) are either simply not good enough or not experienced enough. 

We have some decent players, I mean we are never going to have world beaters or they wouldn't be with us.

I blame McPake for the squad but in recent weeks, some of the team selection has been shite...

Cammy was performing well at left back with D-C at right back, we bring Marshall back in and he is getting caught on the overlap constantly.

I just want to stay up, win the Scottish Cup, replace McGhee with Ross, replace Strachan with Jocky, replace Nelms with a blow up doll, a new keeper, a new centre half, a new full back, 2 new strikers.

Just a bit of fuckin stability on the park, without us being the fuckin batshit club every fuckin season.

Is it too much to ask?

43 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

What should McGhee be doing then? Attacking free flowing football 3 up front?

Starting the only fit striker would have been a start rather than a winger out of position that failed to impress in League One would be a start. Starting McGhee or even Fontaine ahead of Rossi at the back would have been logical too considering McGhee subbed Rossi off after 20 minutes in his previous start. Finally, dropping Byrne due to needing 'more creativity' and that 'creativity' being pushing Jordan McGhee back into CM when he'd played the previous two games at CH was also bizarre.

6 hours ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

If you really are past caring this season then why don't you stop coming on here and dragging everyone else down aswell. We've heard it multiple times now, no need to say it anymore.

The players we have are rancid. We have a championship squad and are heading to where we should with these players McPake has assembled.

We have a small glimmer of hope if McGhee can get us performances such as the Motherwell game with ten players out. Applauded off the park on Saturday (were you there? Highly doubt it).

We're in a shit state and we can only hope McGhee can conjure something up. If we go down we can have absolutely no complaints as the majority of players we have aren't good enough.

I wanted McPake out and change at the club. We're not even in the beginning of the transition. No manager can turn these donkeys into racehorses. McPakes catastrophic decisions will be with us until at least summer 2023. We have a long road ahead.

Thank you.

I feel like you don't understand how similar our opinions of the squad are, with the only difference being that you're backing only the manager and none of the players, whereas I'm backing nobody. We both agree that it's McPake's team which is the big issue here and the overall blame goes to Nelms, but for me the "decision" to hire McGhee (again, Nelms' fault rather than McGhee's) in the first place was the final nail in the coffin. The idea that I don't care isn't fair imo, it's simply a different reaction to the aimless situation it feels like we're in, something which for me was only exacerbated by hiring McGhee. We both already believe we're down, I'm just not trying to pretend otherwise. If we get it right in the summer, I reckon I'll once again have a little bit of that dangerous thing called hope.

Also for the record, you're getting onto me for my attitude and patting yourself on the back for applauding the team after another massive draw, but that means f**k all imo if you're just as unbelieving in the squad as me and constantly bashing them. I'd suggest either you quit judging me or stop being a hypocrite.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

Starting the only fit striker would have been a start rather than a winger out of position that failed to impress in League One would be a start. Starting McGhee or even Fontaine ahead of Rossi at the back would have been logical too considering McGhee subbed Rossi off after 20 minutes in his previous start. Finally, dropping Byrne due to needing 'more creativity' and that 'creativity' being pushing Jordan McGhee back into CM when he'd played the previous two games at CH was also bizarre.

It’s pretty obvious to me that Rudden isn’t 100%. Not only because he didn’t start but he didn’t look himself when he did come on. Furthermore McDaid had a much better game than anyone expected at Motherwell so playing him over a less than totally fit Rudden makes sense. You could play McGhee at CH but that would mean having Byrne in midfield, now I don’t know if he is not totally fit but he has been utterly shite for weeks, as someone else said he sucks the life out of the team. That leaves Fontaine to come in for Rossi. I’d definitely do that but a lot of others on this thread have Fontaine, Kerr and Gowser as the main reasons for our poor season. In the window we needed strikers and a centre half most of all, we finished the window with -1 strikers and an appallingly bad CH in.
If Ashcroft hadn’t got sick in the warm up Rossi wouldn’t have been playing.

Guest Wieghortsnut
11 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

You know it makes no sense at all...

Make it happen Dundee FC....

If he isn't in cherge when the championship kicks off someone will to talk me off the bridge

20 minutes ago, K.T said:

I just miss Jason Cummings.

anyone read his interview in Australia when he said McPake was a liar?

Yeah, it's completely bizarre because they've been talking about how he was absolutely wasted he was on the Open Goal podcast since he left (and explicitly said they didn't want to mention it until he'd left us to avoid getting him into further bother).

No idea why he's trying to cause more trouble.

33 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Yeah, it's completely bizarre because they've been talking about how he was absolutely wasted he was on the Open Goal podcast since he left (and explicitly said they didn't want to mention it until he'd left us to avoid getting him into further bother).

So he was steaming? I didn’t hear the open goal podcast 

51 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Probably because he's desperate to be called up by the Socceroos and is trying to clear his name on the recent controversy.

I really miss Cumdog. ☹️

2 hours ago, johnnydun said:

You know it makes no sense at all...

Make it happen Dundee FC....

25 minutes ago, Girth said:

We winning the Chumpionship next season chaps!?

Thank you. 

Fucking right.

Hype for next season is real.