All things Dundee FC

A few days ago there were some thinking after 3  consecutive home games we would be climbing the fable

oh my fucking days!

Hibs will tear us apart midweek as will St Mirren when they finally arrive

saddest part for me I feel like a glory hunter switching my support to Forfar Athletic

I am done with Dundee FC for the foreseeable….  They have sucked the life out of any affection for the club

1975 my father first took me up the steps into the Derry and apart from tiny moments of hope we have been a cluster f**k since then… but we had fight and at least average managers. McGhee is a fucking fritter of a man… we need a new Jocky or Duffy and when we get one Maybe my love for the Dee will return

Rant over I am done……bacon roll time

Ignoring the fact that he's having a meltdown in this video, it's quite clear that he's been on a countdown to game 1000 for a very, very long time as you can hear in the first 30 seconds:

He’s always struck me as quite a strange guy, it was always all about him and daft milestones like that and his career as opposed to the team he was managing. There’s no chance he’s ever getting a gig at a big club now, so it seems like his only motivation for this job was reaching that landmark.
You’ve swapped a nice guy who was out his depth but trying his best for an out of touch egoist. No surprise he’s already starting to throw the previous regime and the players under the bus, it never was his fault.

30 minutes ago, Denspark1893 said:

A few days ago there were some thinking after 3  consecutive home games we would be climbing the fable

oh my fucking days!

saddest part for me I feel like a glory hunter switching my support to Forfar Athletic

I am done with Dundee FC for the foreseeable….  They have sucked the life out of any affection for the club

1975 my father first took me up the steps into the Derry and apart from tiny moments of hope we have been a cluster f**k since then… but we had fight and at least average managers. McGhee is a fucking fritter of a man… we need a new Jocky or Duffy and when we get one Maybe my love for the Dee will return

It could be worse D.  Your dad could have taken you up the steps to the Shed in 1975.  Just imagine the way you’d be dressing for the game and the twee songs from the ‘70s you’d be singing.  No amount of middle table success is worth that.

As a great man once said “hang’ on to hope when there is no hope to speak of.”

McPake side would be just as capable of putting in that performance but for a new manager in their first home game, I wasn't expecting that.

All our players have faults but injuries aside (how long are Legdz and Ashcroft out?) we should stick with a core of players now for the 1st team.

Legzdins
Daley Campell Sweeney Ashcroft Marshall
McMullan Byrne Adam Anderson McGinn
Rudden

Subs: Mullen, McCowan, McGowan, Rossi, Kerr....

4 hours ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

McGhee didn't even know who your captain was, I think you are being a bit too kind to him, but I can see why you are trying to get any positives out of the defeat. I watched a bit of the Celtic game and yous defended far better against them (obviously). So maybe it is an eye opener for him.

However the pictures of him smiling and shaking someone's hand when you lot were 3 down, isn't a great look.

I'm not taking any positives from yesterday, we were pathetic. What i'm suggesting is he's still getting to know the players and will take alot from yesterday.

The line up wasn't something that would've been chosen if he was there for a longer period of time. 

The big thing for me is how he changes the team for the next three games which are winnable if we got it right. I'm not going to make my mind up on McGhee after one terrible 90 minutes.

The picture of him smiling was from before the game started and replayed on DeeTV at half time when it was 3 0 (where the photo has been taken). Get your facts right before spouting pish.

Thank you.

I'm impressed that people can still be invested at this stage, shows a real love for their club that I apparently don't have. As long as McGhee is in charge (really Nelms tbh, but he's not going anywhere) I doubt I will care very much, it just feels so pointlessly painful to hope for anything more than what is obviously happening to the club this season.

Say what you want about McPake, but those players played for him and they won't for McGhee who they barely know and who barely knows them. Nelms literally couldn't have pulled the trigger at a worse time, it should have been before January. Once the squad could finally gel together Nelms punted their leader and instead replaced him with 'some guy' as far as he knew. This issue is where my passion lies, not with the husk of a team that will be lucky to scrape a win for the remainder of the season.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

McPake side would be just as capable of putting in that performance but for a new manager in their first home game, I wasn't expecting that.
All our players have faults but injuries aside (how long are Legdz and Ashcroft out?) we should stick with a core of players now for the 1st team.

Legzdins
Daley Campell Sweeney Ashcroft Marshall
McMullan Byrne Adam Anderson McGinn
Rudden

Subs: Mullen, McCowan, McGowan, Rossi, Kerr....

Totally agree with your team.

I'm impressed that people can still be invested at this stage, shows a real love for their club that I apparently don't have. As long as McGhee is in charge (really Nelms tbh, but he's not going anywhere) I doubt I will care very much, it just feels so pointlessly painful to hope for anything more than what is obviously happening to the club this season.
Say what you want about McPake, but those players played for him and they won't for McGhee who they barely know and who barely knows them. Nelms literally couldn't have pulled the trigger at a worse time, it should have been before January. Once the squad could finally gel together Nelms punted their leader and instead replaced him with 'some guy' as far as he knew. This issue is where my passion lies, not with the husk of a team that will be lucky to scrape a win for the remainder of the season.

I’m a bit like this too.

Possibly the least enjoyable season ever. The McIntyre appointment made more sense than McGhee’s, and that was idiotic in the extreme.

4 hours ago, Denspark1893 said:

oh my fucking days!

Steady.  We can't create shit these days. 

17 hours ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

I'm more surprised people believed we would finish 10th with the squad we at after the summer. 

Don't know if people didn't realise how bad Kilmarnock really were.

Always next season. 🙂

3 minutes ago, Robin.Hood said:

I'm more surprised people believed we would finish 10th with the squad we at after the summer. 

Don't know if people didn't realise how bad Kilmarnock really were.

Always next season. 🙂

Spot on Robin. Failure to strengthen the side and stay loyal to a team that to this day I can't quite figure out how we managed to get promoted should have had alarm bells ringing for more of our support. I'm afraid I saw us as relegation favourites from day 1.

I’m not sure what happened to Mark McGhee since I first met him as a Greenock Morton fan. I used to paint portraits of my favourite Morton players including Allan McGraw, Andy Ritchie and Mark McGhee, and present them to them before a match. Mark McGhee was serving his time as an architect and was (believe it or not) very proper spoken and very humble and respectful to receive the portrait. He said “my mum will love this”.  I can only think when he became a manager his ego must have exploded!