All things Dundee FC

Guest Wieghortsnut

These players have officially downed tools and we will be totally cut adrift within the next 3 games. Fucking horrendous to get beat 4-0 at home from Livingston 

Edited by Wieghortsnut

3 hours ago, D TOTAL said:

With our team, does folk reckon it’s the players or the gaffer?

like if we appointed pep(guardiola not Hartley) things would improve?

I think we have swapped the polar opposite of managers.

McPake; Rookie, too loyal to certain players, tactically did very little, took a lot of the blame in interviews, too slow in changing anything, soft.

McGhee; Dinosaur, highlights that he is not loyal to any players by keeping 3 of our better ones out the squad, changed formation constantly, blamed the players in his interview, very quick to change things, arrogant.

One thing they do have in common is that, whatever one is in charge, we are going down, it's just in what manner. McPake would have had us going down without a whimper, McGhee will have us going down with everyone raging.

McPake had to go 100%, but to bring in this clown as replacement is criminal. Strachan is at fault for the appointment of this idiot, but Nelms is at fault for his blind loyalty to McPake and leaving it so long that Keyes had to hand the new manager choice over to Strachan.

I really hope this nugget and Rusk get binned at the end of the season, we struggle to bring in players at the best of times, do you think they are going to be swayed by McGhee? 

It's just an absolute shambles from top to bottom and Keyes needs to rip the whole thing up and start again, bin Nelms, bin Strachan, bin McGhee, bin Rusk.

50 minutes ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

Yesterday was catastrophic but McGhee and Rusk have hopefully taken alot from that.

I can't agree with this. They have had over a fortnight to analyse previous games this season, he clearly hasn't. That starting line up was awful, our strength is from our wings, yet he plays no wingers. He was surprised at how bad our defence is but played essentially 3 at the back with 2 wing backs. Anyone doing any bit of research can see where our weakness is. His complete arrogance was shining through yesterday.

I can't support this guy even if he does miraculously keep us up.

25 minutes ago, Wieghortsnut said:

These players have officially downed tools and we will be totally cut adrift within the next 3 games. Fucking horrendous to get beat 4-0 at home from Livingston 

I'd down tools as well being led by an absolute clown that thinks 5-3-2 was the way forward and his justification being, 'We'll bring on our good players once we show we are solid'.

I just can't see a way forward with this buffoon in charge.

1 game in charge and people are already speaking about how he needs 'protection' or a 'minder' in the stand.

A man that has clearly done zero research on what this squad's strength and weaknesses are.

Typical Dundee, if there was one professional manager that could do a worse job than McPake was doing we sure as hell will find them.

The audacity of his post match interview blaming everyone but himself yesterday was appalling. 

He's already laid out the play-offs as out best hope for this season. Whilst that may be realistic, to be signalling that as his aim for the season publicly is no way to gee the players up. He's repeatedly said he's not got 'a personal relationship' with the players yet which is code for the players don't take him seriously and that was reiterated with the performance yesterday IMO.

I know I was very, very low during the McIntyre period but I find myself questioning already if this is worse.

2 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

He needs his 1000 games in management, this (according to him) is his motivation.

Ignoring the fact that he's having a meltdown in this video, it's quite clear that he's been on a countdown to game 1000 for a very, very long time as you can hear in the first 30 seconds:

Guest Wieghortsnut

We really are an embarrassment of a club at the moment. We all knew McGhee would save us but obviously nelms knows better. At this point I'd happily take McCann back to save us again

29 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Ignoring the fact that he's having a meltdown in this video, it's quite clear that he's been on a countdown to game 1000 for a very, very long time as you can hear in the first 30 seconds:

Tbh, there's an argument that this is the game that completely broke him.

We'd only lost 1 of our 5 prior to that (3 draws and 1 win), this was his run of results after it.

1181948364_ScreenShot2022-02-27at10_19_53.thumb.png.0d29feccd46805863fb0a6effa068538.png

1 hour ago, johnnydun said:

I can't agree with this. They have had over a fortnight to analyse previous games this season, he clearly hasn't. That starting line up was awful, our strength is from our wings, yet he plays no wingers. He was surprised at how bad our defence is but played essentially 3 at the back with 2 wing backs. Anyone doing any bit of research can see where our weakness is. His complete arrogance was shining through yesterday.

I can't support this guy even if he does miraculously keep us up.

Would mcpakes "team" have scored 2 at celtic Park? 

Yesterday was a disaster , everything was completely wrong. However any manager we brought in would be stuck with this group of players and next season also , I think or feel this group of players is terrible and we are rightly where we are. 

We actually had a chance to change that n try do something in January.... instead the board handed out contracts to championship standard players. 

Mcghee regardless is on a hiding to nothing. Even next season still stuck with majority of the team. This is down to Nelms. 

I've not got much to add apart from we are a shambles and I know I was one of the first who didn't want mcpake as manager in this league but we were never sacking someone straight away for promoting us. 

Keep getting told about how good our youth are going to be. In saying that been getting telt this for a while. 

Max Anderson if he is worth any money. .. cash in on him as I don't think anyone else in the squad is worth f**k all .

Dinna ken really just want to rant. We are shite. 

Always next season 

2 hours ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

Yesterday was once of the most disgraceful performances of recent times.

However, it wasn't played out under a manager who made the same mistakes over and over again. The 'solid' performance at Celtic obviously played a major part in the squad choices. In theory it possibly could make sense but as we know it was absolutely criminal the way it turned out.

The thing I'm hoping is players like Kerr (tormented yesterday), Mulligan (clearly not ready) and Lawlor (he's shite) are removed from the team ASAP.

McGhee and Rusk were probably given as big a shock as we were yesterday, but they have the benefit of being in the door a week. Can they muster up something to change our fortunes? That will be the deciding factor in whether they ultimately are failures or not. Not their second game in charge.

Anyone calling for McGhees head (and stoking up as much negativity as possible as many are) aren't helping the cause. Yesterday was catastrophic but McGhee and Rusk have hopefully taken alot from that. Thankfully there's three winnable games coming up if we were to get the right formation, tactics and work ethic.

Also embarrassing when people say the players wouldn't be playing for McGhee. What about the 4000+ in the stands? Any player who couldn't put the effort in for the fans alone should never be near our football club.

Improvement needed in the next two games this week. St Johnstone have two difficult games - we need to be above them by Saturday night.

Thank you.

McGhee didn't even know who your captain was, I think you are being a bit too kind to him, but I can see why you are trying to get any positives out of the defeat. I watched a bit of the Celtic game and yous defended far better against them (obviously). So maybe it is an eye opener for him.

However the pictures of him smiling and shaking someone's hand when you lot were 3 down, isn't a great look.

9 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

No probably not, but we would have came away with the same amount of points.

Even against Livingston McPake team could still have shipped in some amount of goals. Again like you said we would have still came away with same amount of points.

We are just shite. The defence needed sorted. The biggest problem n every c**t can see it. Yet we didn't and we are still getting battered. 

I can moan like f**k but without the money the Americans have put in f**k knows where we would be , admin again know doubt. So we just accept n let it be.