All things Dundee FC

On a serious note, why wait til the transfer window closes and he wins back to back games before punting him? Surely wouldve been a better idea to empty him after new year and let the new manager see who he needed to punt in January?

1 minute ago, Handsome_Devil said:

Of course but people will have been talking, agents checked to see if there's interest and so on. There's no way a club on a stinking run these days bins their manager without the slightest idea of who might be able/willing to take over regardless of what they then put out in the papers about starting a process.

So we'll have spoke to Jack Ross (or more depressingly Tommy Wright)? Where's the indication that he'll have strung us along?

1 minute ago, Twinkle said:

On a serious note, why wait til the transfer window closes and he wins back to back games before punting him? Surely wouldve been a better idea to empty him after new year and let the new manager see who he needed to punt in January?

Because our cut throat businessman director is a fanny. Actually wonder if Nelms only got the Dundee gig to keep him from bankrupting Keyes actual business back in the US

2 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

It will be Derek fuckin Adams or Neil fuckin Lennon.

Not popular, and its not as if I think they are likeable, but I'd take Adams and Wright in a flash. Kind of people to really sort things out. As others have noted it's not as if Ross has a great track record

2 minutes ago, Twinkle said:

This is obviously very weird and I do wonder whether the time has been spent negotiating, either with McPake about future roles or with someone about coming in, or both. I am not sure that McPake could stay in the short term, you can't have the old cook hanging around. 

3 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

So we'll have spoke to Jack Ross (or more depressingly Tommy Wright)? Where's the indication that he'll have strung us along?

Just a hunch as I said, I don't see why you'd give McPake the full window, see a decent turn in results then suddenly bin him unless something changed somewhere.

1 minute ago, The Algebraist said:

This is obviously very weird and I do wonder whether the time has been spent negotiating, either with McPake about future roles or with someone about coming in, or both. I am not sure that McPake could stay in the short term, you can't have the old cook hanging around. 

I wonder if the board knew that appointing a new manager at the start of the transfer window would mean them having to immediately give the new manager significant funds to improve the squad.  The way they have done it effectively means any new manager has to make do with what they’ve got with a promise of funds for the new season.  Not saying it’s a good idea but I’m not aware of many good ideas Nelms has had when it comes to appointing managers.

1 minute ago, Shadow Play said:

I wonder if the board knew that appointing a new manager at the start of the transfer window would mean them having to immediately give the new manager significant funds to improve the squad.  The way they have done it effectively means any new manager has to make do with what they’ve got with a promise of funds for the new season.  Not saying it’s a good idea but I’m not aware of many good ideas Nelms has had when it comes to appointing managers.

Aye, ringfences the monorail fund

14 minutes ago, Twinkle said:

Yup it's nuts. And we now have a fair few who have signed new contracts for next season 😞