All things Dundee FC

Can't see Jack ross being lined up, he's been public about the Aberdeen gig. Surely this has been lined up for a while (hence sacked after 2 wins) giving the new manager a chance to view at Celtic then be in charge for St. Mirren game

Spoiler

Just now, staggy1929 said:

Kevin Thomson would be a good appointment for you lot imo. Although he's probably better off getting a job in the summer than now.

Based on what? A job that Barry Ferguson was able to do well in.

I'd rather we kept McPake.

It has to be Jack Ross.

The statement even says we are looking for a more experienced option.

Based on nothing at all, they've been flirting with Ross for weeks who has strung them along waiting on Aberdeen but having been KB'd from Pittodrie has now said 'ok then...'. Utterly bizarre timing unless they have a plan but Dundee have been a basket case for the vast majority of my time following Scottish football so who knows.

1 minute ago, Handsome_Devil said:

Based on nothing at all, they've been flirting with Ross for weeks who has strung them along waiting on Aberdeen but having been KB'd from Pittodrie has now said 'ok then...'. Utterly bizarre timing unless they have a plan but Dundee have been a basket case for the vast majority of my time following Scottish football so who knows.

Aberdeen sacked Glass not that long ago.

1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

Based on what? A job that Barry Ferguson was able to do well in.

I'd rather we kept McPake.

It has to be Jack Ross.

The statement even says we are looking for a more experienced option.

As I was saying probably one for the summer if you got a caretaker in until the end of the season. I think Thomson speaks well and Kelty are flying under him (under favourable conditions I agree) 

It'll be Derek Adams I think. You've sacked McPake right after he's become available.

2 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Aberdeen sacked Glass not that long ago.

Of course but people will have been talking, agents checked to see if there's interest and so on. There's no way a club on a stinking run these days bins their manager without the slightest idea of who might be able/willing to take over regardless of what they then put out in the papers about starting a process.